contact lenses

so, i was thinking about being brave and getting some contact lenses for playing my wolf-kin

is there a particular brand and or site that people use that is friendly to those that have never worn/ used contacts before?

Just make sure they're new and clean. Practice putting them in and get use to wearing them around the house before bringing them to game. If your eyes don't feel comfortable after wearing them for five minutes, wash your hands really well, take the contacts out, flush the crap out of them and try again.

These should work:

http://www.vampfangs.com/Gothika-Black- ... ckwolf.htm

avalon willowcrest said:
so, i was thinking about being brave and getting some contact lenses for playing my wolf-kin

is there a particular brand and or site that people use that is friendly to those that have never worn/ used contacts before?

You will need to go to your eye doctor for a fitting, most places will not give you any without a prescription, even if they are not for corrective use.

I tend to use coastalcontacts.com to order mine, because they have the best prices, for "different" eyes (cat eyes, black out, etc.) I like they SFX brand, they are thick due to the paint method and will be uncomfortable if you are unaccustomed. You will want to try them out a few times pre-event stepping up the duration of wear (your doctor will tell you that too). :) If you just want a color shift to bright blue, green, purple, amber, etc - I'd suggest Acuvue 2 colors (the enhancers are good, but they are subtle).

You have to be extremely careful when purchasing cosmetic contact lenses. Costume grade lenses can be dangerous and are illegal in some states. I would recommend seeing an optometrist before getting cosmetic lenses.

Definitely go to the eye doctor to get fitted first... but I second Kelly's suggestion of Coastal - that's where I got Alor's eyes. They do require a current prescription (or sizing information from a doctor), but they deliver fast and respond to questions pretty quickly.

hmm I picked up a pair for mike at a store in Nova Scotia last year and they were $35? I think not prescription obviously. But they work great but I do recommend trying them out. If they don't work you'll know right away if your eyes don't like em.

Back