Cook for our NPCs!

Alliance Seattle is in need of a Cook for our NPCs at the July 22-24th event in just under 3 weeks. You can be a PC, an NPC, or someone who's just along for the ride (Oregon has pulled this off at the last couple of their events), but either way, we need a cook. Here are the details:

• You'll be given a budget of about $100-$150 to buy food. If you can front the money and pick it up on site, great! If not, we can get it to you ahead of time.
  • There are about 15 people who will be eating the food you cook (including yourself).
  • We need a late dinner for Friday night, breakfast on Saturday, some sort of "grab and go" style lunch on Saturday, dinner on Saturday (probably during logistics), and some sort of simple breakfast on Sunday (people don't tend to eat much on Sunday).
  • You need to get yourself and the food to site.

Other things to know:
  • You don't need to make anything extravagant! We usually have things like burritos (breakfast and regular), pancakes, sandwiches, pasta, etc.
  • You don't have to budget for snacks, but we do need drinks. Some juice, a few things of generic soda, and a flat of water usually handles us for the weekend.
  • Camp Sheppard (where we'll be playing) has a full kitchen, with cookware and flatware, as well as a walk-in refrigerator and freezer.
  • You might have access (depending on what's going on) to a couple of NPC volunteers to help do things like chop, peal, and otherwise help out, if you need them.
  • If you're a PC, we'll try to avoid putting modules that you would go on during the times that you're cooking, but it isn't always possible.

We usually don't get going until around 9pm on Friday night, so we'd like to have our NPCs eating shortly before/during Opening Ceremonies. We don't tend to be super early risers, so breakfast around 8-9am is usually good. NPCs will trickle in all day for lunch, so by "Grab and Go" I mean something like sandwich fixings or wraps or something that can either sit in the fridge or people can prep easily for themselves when they're hungry. What ever is left over from lunch will eventually be eaten as people get hungry later in the night. We do logistics around 5-7, so if you'd like volunteers to help with dinner, that's a good time to get them, as that's generally when there's a lull in the action. We'd like to have people ready to go again shortly after 7, so eating before that would be ideal, and that way there's plenty of time for NPCs to do the cooking dishes.

So at this point you're thinking "Oh man, the NPCs will even do my dishes? What other incentives do I need?" The answer is "None, you just love our NPCs," but we'll throw in some anyways! You'll also get some fabulous gobbies! On top of that, since we'll be pulling you out of game to cook, you'll play for free!
Post your questions, PM me, or email them to manager@alliance-seattle.com and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Prashka/Barbara & myself will be doing the NPC cooking:
Dinner = Prashka
Lunch & Breakfast = Snows

If the NPCs would be kind enough to hollar back on if they buying in by Thursday, we would appreciate it.
Please also list any food allergies (I know we have 1 vegetarian in the bunch), don't really want to be killing anyone this weekend if I can avoid it.

As one of those two, I'm not completely prevented from eating dairy. Dairy in food (milk in sauce, a little bit of cheese, etc) doesn't bother me, but foods that rely on it, like Mac and Cheese and pizza, does.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the list:
Matt
Carmen
Ron
Jimmy
Amy
Andy
Jacob +1
Jordan +3
Brian
Will
Chloe

Lili?

Barb
Sean

I'm not sure how many other maybes or people we'll have randomly appear on site. If you're eating NPC food, or know someone that is that isn't on this list, post up that they're coming, and how sure you are that they'll be here. Try and let us know ASAP so we can make sure there's food for you!

More NPCs:
Phil
Eric
Kyle
+1

David K. +1

Levi + maybe 1 more. (I'll post back when I'm sure)

No +1, but still Levi.

So we're sitting around 25?

what is the menu and can PCs by in to the food plain whom are travailing in from Calif and cant find room to bring an ice chest in the cramped care packed with 4 people and gear?

also whats the by in cost if one can by in?????

I know Phil, Eric, and I (Kyle), will be buying into the pot. I'll also toss in an extra $50 if need be...or stop by a cash and carry/costco and spend that $50 on something the cook's request.

Breakfast: eggs & flap jacks (for those non egg peeps), bacon (turkey bacon most likely), milk / apple juice / OJ / coffee, bananas / apples
Lunch: sandwiches (turkey or chicken & ham), mayo / mustard, greens, & some type of chips, juice, soda, & fruit.

Dinner: Friday is spaghetti, Saturday is Hamburger Pie. We plan to have salad fixings & soda/juice/etc.

Will need to check with the owners, but I think buy in is at $10 a head.
I am willing to accommodate for a few of our long distance PCs, can't speak for Barb though.
PM'd to get her take...as we are both PCs cooking, I don't want to step on her time.

I don't mind cooking for PCs too. Not that big of a difference cooking for 30 than for 25. :)

then i ask most humbling to be added to the food plain as it will be of the greatest help and i would be vary, vary grateful. i know of 2 or 3 other PCs coming up from Calif too that where also looking to see if there was a food plain to by in to, i will let them know to come ask here....

Sean and Barb - what time are you planning on cooking your foods? IIRC, the kitchen is tight, and if we can avoid bumping into one another, fighting over pots and pans, etc, all the better. I originally planned to cook for my peeps at the following times:

Fri 8pm (Served at 9pm)
Sat 9am (served as a pick-up-and-go)
Sat 2pm (served at 3pm)
Sat 6pm (served at 7:30-8pm)
Sun 9am (served as pick-up-and-go)

Nothing set in stone on Breakfast/Lunch:
it will mostly depend up on how early NPCs are up & stuff. I was shooting for around 8am & noon servings, dinners are going to be around Logistic time.

I don't know about dinner timing yet. I am pretty much at the whims of NPCs and plot, since all I'll be doing is throwing together a salad and reheating food.

prashka said:
I don't know about dinner timing yet. I am pretty much at the whims of NPCs and plot, since all I'll be doing is throwing together a salad and reheating food.

Lucky, I can't precook eggs & have them edible at game time. :(

Grub list:
NPC 21:
Matt
Carmen
Ron
Jimmy
Amy
Andy
Jacob +1
Jordan +3
Brian