Cook for our NPCs!

If you're allowing PC buy-ins, I'd like to throw in too.

Woah now, you guys get enthusiastic fast!

We got a couple of people to volunteer to cook for our NPCs, which is very nice of them, and we appreciate it a great deal. Barb and Sean agreed to cook for our NPCs when the number of people that they were cooking for was about 15, and they've been gracious enough to stick with it when our number of NPCs suddenly jumped to nearly 25. As you can imagine, cooking for 15 people is a different issue than cooking for 30, and they've already agreed to take time out of their event (as they are both PCing) to provide the chapter a much needed service, so we thank them for that. What we want to avoid is pulling them out of game any longer than necessary, and doing that means restricting the number of people that they're cooking for. We set up a meal plan for our NPCs, and to be fair to our volunteers, we're limiting it to our NPCs, our cooks (and Gavin), and the three SF players who made early arrangements that our cooks wanted to lend a hand to for making the journey up. Sorry, I'd love to have a full event kitchen staff, but it would be unfair to our poor cooks if we kept letting people jump on the meal plan, especially so last minute. (Much of the food is already purchased!)

That said, if someone is interested in operating the Tavern full time (for PCs and NPCs), or cooking for our NPCs at future events, we'd love to talk to you about that! Send me an email to manager@alliance-seattle.com or talk to me at the event, and we'll discuss some ideas.

BigKyle said:
I know Phil, Eric, and I (Kyle), will be buying into the pot. I'll also toss in an extra $50 if need be...or stop by a cash and carry/costco and spend that $50 on something the cook's request.

if we have a lot of soda drinkers or want some specific thing, may want to pick up a bit. Otherwise, we should be good.

Do we still want me to pick up soda as well then?

Welcome & Thank you for being there for the weekend.

Big, big thanks to Sean and Barb for doing the cooking last event! We really appreciate you giving up your PC time to help us out, not to mention the prep and planning before the game even started.

~Carmen

Back