Costume and Makup stuff - discounted. South Calgary

MathGwyson

Artisan
Hi all,
Just wanted to let you all know that my manager has approved that I offer LARP Players/Staff a 10% discount at the Halloween City I work at. It's a seasonal store on Macleod just south of 90th (Across from the A&W, between the Macdonalds and the Co-Op Medical Supply Store) Basically this is Party City's "Business/Organization" discount, with Alliance Calgary as the Business/Organization.

There's a whole section for 'theatrical makeup' (Woochie, Theatre effects... and another company I forget the name of...) which includes things like pointed ears, horns, 'scar tissue', fake 'mouth blood' and such (that I'm sure the plot team would love) Vials of spirit gum are $4 (before discount), which is a LOT cheaper than I usually get it for. Plus there's a lot of costumes and props that might add flair to some character concepts.

The store will be open for business between September 14th and November 2nd. If you are purchasing for LARP-related activities, just ask for the Manager (Robert) and let him know you are with the Alliance Calgary LARP (and if he is having a scatterbrained moment - let him know Justin sent you =Z Though I doubt it'll be a big deal even if Robert's not in - the 10% discount for businesses/organizations seems common enough that any supervisor should be able to apply it I suspect).

(Robert is also a little interested in joining the LARP too, I'm going to show him some of the information and rulebook on Thursday)

Also folks, this is a great way to gain Gobbies by buying and donating make-up, props, and costumes. My recomendation would be to hit up the store just after Halloween, they'll have everything on huge discounts at this point.

The 'other company' I forgot the name of is Don Post. We have a couple REALLY NICE masks - one is a skull and one is more of a werewolf mask with both a forehead and jaw piece that are NOT strapped on, but designed to be held on with Spirit Gum. (These wound up getting stuck with the 'goth' stuff on the far right from the Woochie/Don Post display because there was more Woochie/Don Post stuff to fit on at 4" rack.)

BTW - the store is now open for business =)

Back