Create Limited Circle Ritual Scroll Missing...

Tantarus

Knight
So It dawns on me that the powerful death knight and lich we fought around dinner time on saturday dropped a Create Limited Circle Scroll that should have been put into the next town loot/auction, but it didnt make it there. Does anyone know where it ended up or who has it?

I assume someone just forgot to turn it in to the loot pile.

-Sir Tantarus

Last edited:
Your assumption is correct. I have it.

Lady Squire VVT

I would like to propose a suggestion.

Just auction it as town loot at the next gather. It won’t sell for so much that it’s worth trying to track it for this past gather, especially if the list of adventurers isn’t present.

I would second Zeth's suggestion. If there is anyone opposed to this idea or sees issue with it please voice your concern.

Kevar

Given its spellcraftable nature, a suggestion was made to keep it available for public use.

L. Sq. VVT

Given its spellcraftable nature, a suggestion was made to keep it available for public use.

L. Sq. VVT

If I understand how things work in this land, shouldn't that be the responsibility of the guilds/local government?

I'm sure Celestial Guild Master Luke would be more than happy to make sure that his Celestial guild makes spellcraftable circle scrolls available for a small fee.

-Sir Avaran

That was the suggestion, yes.

L. Sq. VVT

I don't mean giving this scroll to the Celestial Guild (or any other guild). I mean having the local government supply one to the Guilds - as is the proper way of doing things - and then have the guilds manage the usage, again, as is the proper way of doing things.

Resources won by the Adventures should remain in their hands, not handed over for 'official' government use; or, if that is the case, then every bit of spoils that is earned should be turned over so as to avoid any confusion as to what belongs to the Crown and what doesn't under seemingly arbitrary circumstances.

-Sir Avaran

My understanding of Squire Vellis' suggestion was that the scroll remain the hands of the Heroes, or Adventurers, but that it is stored in one of the guilds for safe keeping. The Guildmaster and Guildmistress are both members of the Heroes that arrived during the Land Bond. The scroll would be made available for use by any Hero who arranges for it, or perhaps used up when the need arose to combat our enemies. If storing it in the Celestial Guild with Guildmaster Bluwolf is a concern I would like to offer free storage of the scroll, and any Hero community scrolls, at The Five Crowns. The circle that protects our market space isn't as large as the Guild Halls, but is positioned in a way to require substantial effort to destroy.

We already receive substantial aid, and give it in return, from Lord Longshadow. Your idea, Sir Avaran, sounds like it would greatly benefit our efforts and the Guildmasters can discuss requisitions of spellcraftable scrolls from their greater chapter houses if they are able to. However, it is my understanding that a vast majority of resources for the war effort are currently engaged elsewhere. This is old intelligence so please take it with a little salt.

Warmly,
Kevar

Kevar's restatement of the suggestion is accurate.

L. Sq. VVT

I have allowed the guilds to take certain scrolls from town loot for their use, in the past. That said they both have permanent large circles. I am not sure I see the need for them to get this scroll that some adventures would pay for and use.

Also consider I requisitioned 100gold from the last town split to cover the cost of the moonstone so that we could save the young boy at the heart of the Mistral. So lets not turn this into adventures are greedy argument, please.

It occurs to me the guilds should have there owns funds from the items and services they sell, correct? Perhaps their leaders could bid on scrolls on the behalf of the guild in the future?

My understanding of Squire Vellis' suggestion was that the scroll remain the hands of the Heroes, or Adventurers, but that it is stored in one of the guilds for safe keeping.

So my issue with this is myself, and most the nobility, lack easy access to either of the guilds. Also these circles auto invest people and are the least secure building in town.

As I said before, we will figure it out at the next gather which is soon.

~Sir Tantarus

L. Sq. Vellis,

I am glad that I was accurate in my restatement.

Sir Tantarus,

I certainly hope that my statements didn't imply greediness of the Heroes, as the complete compensation for the Moonstone was entirely unexpected and greatly appreciated. I see no issue with selling or storing this scroll. Depending on the enemies that we face having a limited circle of power available to cast, not spellcraft, on the field may be hugely beneficial. However, coin is also what keeps our blades sharp, stomachs filled, and building repaired...can't argue with that. As for your comment about ready access to the secured scrolls the Ashen Collectives offer to store these goods is always open, and free of charge. That discussion can wait for another time, and perhaps over some ale.

Warmly,
Kevar

I am opposed to making it available for public use under the control of a guild.

Please note that community strength is one of my first priorities, and while this is noble in intent, in actual application it becomes a nightmare.

If we want it available to the community, I would prefer if it was kept in the hands of the 5 Crowns merchants. They have, time and time again, demonstrated their commitment to serving us all, and they have an excellent central location that most people tend to be gathered at when times of need are at hand.

Additionally, Guildmaster Luke set the precedent that Guilds can bid during auctions independent of the community. If a Guild wishes to bid on such a ritual, that seems consistent with previous activities.

-Shaman Zeth

If one of the guilds or the 5 Crowns would like to buy it to use for spellcrafts, I'm happy to throw 5 gold at a bid in order to assist them for the community.

I am also willing to donate 5 Gold to the 5 Crowns for the purpose of obtaining this ritual for the same reason, if they want that responsibility.

The Ashen Collective are associated with the Royal Earth Guild of Stradyn, if I recall correctly. I have no objection to their curation of the scroll.

L. Sq. VVT

Most of the Ashen Collective are members of the Royal Earth Guild. As for the scroll, we are willing to house items of import to the town at no fee. I believe Sir Tantarus was wish to speak with us face to face over a glass of ale on the matter next gather.

Brayden
Ashen Collective
Five Crowns Market

Back