[.11] Create scroll and Create Potion production charts

Ardos

Artisan
I had a realization today in a discussion that while some spells are specifically called out as "not scrollable" or "not potionable" these labels are not applied to all the new spells added in 2.0, which naively led me to believe that new spells without that tag could be potioned or scrolled (for example stun limb and mend armor). It may be helpful to have production lists for these as well with an apparent ramp up of playtests currently happening, as I have been informed that some of those spells are left off of being scrollable/potionable without being marked as such.

I don't think Corrupt Potion will ever be a thing because their inclusion would likely mandate a Life Potion, but I'm actually surprised that Stun Limb and Mend Armor can't be turned into Scrolls.

Death is currently an elixer. I believe it's because it's not necromantic.

For our upcoming playtest, since there's no Scroll or Potion charts (in v 0.11b), we're assuming the Scroll and Potion charts for ARB 1.3 are in effect; effectively meaning that no new spells can be producted.

I agree that we should, at some point, reviewing the new spells for craftability, such as Mend Armor or Stun Limb.

Death is currently an elixer. I believe it's because it's not necromantic.
In the newest playtest packet, Death equivalent, Doom, isn't listed as an option to craft with alchemy.

In the newest playtest packet, Death equivalent, Doom, isn't listed as an option to craft with alchemy.

Yeah, most of the "offensive" elixirs that you might secretly mix into a drink were intentionally removed. Just Intoxicate and Amnesia now. Some of them can still be globes or gels, but I guess having a satchel of Doom globes or Doom Area Traps was deemed a bit much.

we're assuming the Scroll and Potion charts for ARB 1.3 are in effect; effectively meaning that no new spells can be producted.
For the sake of evocation scrolls and healing potions, are we assuming they can be crafted as the spell level equivalent signature spell? Ie cure light becoming 5 spell healing and stone bolt becoming 5 spell evocation bolt? If we go by the 1.3 crafting charts without at least that addendum then the vast majority of craftable scrolls and potions can not be made.

For the sake of evocation scrolls and healing potions, are we assuming they can be crafted as the spell level equivalent signature spell? Ie cure light becoming 5 spell healing and stone bolt becoming 5 spell evocation bolt? If we go by the 1.3 crafting charts without at least that addendum then the vast majority of craftable scrolls and potions can not be made.

I would gamble spells 1-8 in raw healing/damage evocation/healing/necromancy can be made as potions. Since those are more or less already in game.

The way we're handling it is that you can produce it, and you'll be handed a 1.3 tag for whatever you made. Then, for the 2.0 playtest that you're about to play, it's switched over using the "on-the-fly" conversion rules. This means that your Cure Lights all become "5 Healing", and your Cure Morts become "40 Healing", per that document.

One notable side-effect of this is that potionmakers can make "Cleanse" via "Remove Weakness" for 15 points. I don't know if it's going to be as low as 15 when this table is formally rewritten, but it's certainly "good enough" for the purposes of testing the game.

Cure Disease potions for 5 seem like a steal. hmmmm

What is the production value of converted cause disease / cure disease potions?

Back