Crossbow question and quiver size?

So, with my prior experience in LARP melee has been pretty much out of the question. I'm missing fingers on both hands and I get disarmed in a few hits no matter what. So I'm planning to use a crossbow if I can build one, and/or spells, since melee for me is a matter of dying in 3 swings, or like, 7. I know weapon builds are more of local chapter specific for the final say, but I'm curious if mounting the quiver to the crossbow like this is generally legal:

latest

I'm planning to build a removable quiver on top of the crossbow that can hold packets, theoretically giving me the touch action at the same time I pull one out. This will also help since I can't hold multiple packets in one hand. I'm excited by the dark elf makeup change and I plan to play one, but is this still too "advanced" or would it be "elf-ish" enough in this setting?

Followup, the rulebook says 64" volume with no less than 1" in any dimension for a quiver, and I am spectacularly bad at math and spacial reasoning. If I wanted it to be about 12" long, 2-4" wide, how tall would it have to be? Can anyone provide some sample dimensions?

So, I’d probably say yes to mounting the quiver rep to the crossbow, but no to actually putting packets in it, but I’d have to see it to really give you a yes/no.

I could see some neat stuff with making a bunch of them and then having them velcro on to the body of the actual crossbow.

12x2x2.67
12x3x1.78
12x4x1.33

Volume = height x length x width

12” long, 4” wide, you’d need just a bit over 1” to make 64”. 1.5” puts you at 72”.

Regarding the crossbow build itself, I’d have no real issue with the quiver holding the bolts, though I would object to the attempt to bypass the separate touch action. I’d be okay with you drawing bolt from it, touching, then shooting. To echo Tieran, however, I would also want to see it before I made a final call.

So your "quiver" for carrying arrow capacity doesn't need to be where you carry your packets. One thing I've done is create a packet vest, which is a small vest with loops of elastic sewn vertically in to hold packets. I tend to use it for "now I'm going to war" type situations where I wanted more packets quickly available than I could hold in one hand, but there is no reason why it'd not work as daily wear. And since it holds packets individually it lets you pull one at a time.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to just make the thing and have a bag ready in case having them on the phys rep is a no-no in Denver.

Back