Crunchies and Armor

Discussion in 'Art, Costuming and Props' started by jwconvery, Aug 3, 2018.

1. jwconvery

jwconvery Templar

Not all chapters can afford to send out crunchies in chainmail.

The new rules seem to have a lot of effects that make armor meaningful. Body Damage calls, shatter etc.

50 body crunchie != 20 body crunchie in 30pt suit or armor. Even taking refitting out of the question.

Any ideas on how to easily/cheaply rep crunchies in Armor so Body calls are meaningful outside of PvP?

The only one I could think of were grey armor tabards, but I'm guessing there is a better way.

-Joe

2. Alavatar

Alavatar Baron

Natural Armor is an option.

Getting various heavy long coats from second-hand stores can potentially count as 1-point armor.

You could also get a bunch of furs (rabbit fur is cheap), weave some leather cord through it, and strap that on. Since it is leather it counts as 1-point armor at the least.

3. Naomi

Naomi Newbie

You can replicate a suit of armor that is not actually metal now and still have it be worth the same.

Someone handy with cheaper material made to look like metal will go far. I bet someone will be able to craft an interesting suit of armor out of latex, cloth, plastic, pleather (and the aforementioned fur) etc. that monster camp can utilize.

4. Bigens73

Bigens73 Newbie

I would be interested in seeing someone with a 3d printer print a suit of chain mail made out of plastic.

5. Ken

Ken Newbie

6. Muir

Muir Templar

The issue with plastic chain is mostly fragility. It looks pretty good to excellent depending on the paintjob, and is great for cosplay, but the minute you start falling down in it and getting up, you start shattering and shedding rings. Especially if it's hot or very cold outside, both of which we see fairly often.

7. JordarAd

JordarAd Newbie

Naugahyde!

8. SkollWolfrun

SkollWolfrun Squire

This is something I was looking into making.
    http://www.plasticlamellar.com/
    Leather armor can be fairly inexpensively made. A full hide can make 2 or 3 sets of armor.