Curses and Corrupt

An idea came to me soon after returningk to Hope's Reach, vhich I would like to take up vit my brothers and sisters as vell as zhose who have some knowledge of zhe corrupt.

Someone may be cursed by a Gypsy to become zhe opposite of zehr self. So... Vhat would happen if we ver to place zhat curse on one of zhe Corrupt?
I request approval from my brothers and sisters to try it -- end from anyone else, I vould like to know if zhe Corrupt would even be susceptible to zhe curse.

- Talitha

I suspect they would take that curse.....and throw it right back at you. Then mind talk each other at how terrible gypsy blood tastes, assuming they mind talk because only EVER look at you with ugly faces.

- D'rezz Zandrick

That is an intriguing idea, Talitha. I think this is certainly worth a try. Since we have so little to go on with regards to how to fight the corrupt, I think it would be prudent to attempt every idea that occurs to us. I would simultaneously recommend trying this on a lesser corrupt. I suspect these are less capable of reflecting your curse back at you. Now that I think on it, from what I have seen of the corrupt, they can only throw back spells that they can cast themselves. That said, I'm not sure that they would be able to absorb and return a gypsy's curse. This seems like a logical thing to try because, at the moment, we have no specific tactic against the corrupt.

Wizard Kovu
Guardian of Hope's Reach

Considering I've never witnessed a Gypsy curse, not that I'm inviting the idea, but from what I have seen any spell ever cast at a Corrupt is a visible ball of get out of the way, and IF they were to toss it back it would be them grabbing the ball, doing a fancy little spin all the while waving their hands and throwing it right back at you.

Talitha,

Kovu's right, we haven't tried it yet so its worth trying. I also agree with him, try it on a scout or foot soldier just to be safe.

On that, researching the corrupt is dangerous and its smart of you to ask others and seek the backing of the Guadians before you do this. I would also recommend making sure you have a healer with the ability to cast a life spell on hand just in case the worst were to happen. I'll be glad to come along in July if you need my help finding the right one.

Kovu,

Your a Wizard now? I thought you were the healinest healer that ever healed this side of the Mist Wall?

Fern Woods

Fern,
I haven't met you, I am a good friend of Kovu's and healers can be wizards too. Its just a name for a powerful spellcaster.

Treasurer of Forest's Edge
-Taloc

D'rezz,

Zhe Gypsy curse - strenge though it may seem - is not magical. I merely need to have zhe victim in my sights and be able to speak (and, of course, zhey must hear me) for zhe curse to work. No magical energy of any shape is actually thrown, so zhere is nossing zhe corrupt would be able to throw back at me.

- Talitha

Back