D.A.M. HIM Dungeon run review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dramm a'dan

Scholar
Post your review for a "D.A.M. Him"
1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Gives us a moment from the perspective of your character

Reviews got you 15 gs, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

1. Post your favourite moments

There were a lot of moments, the group that I was in was pretty 'touch and go' with who was and wasn't going. We weren't 100% sure who was really going until we were all there, and with 4 combat oriented characters and 1 healer, we weren't the most ideal group. This situation made for some pretty hairy combat, and inventive solutions to problems we probably weren't all that well equipped to deal with. Which made it easily one of my favourite groups ever to work with :) We all pulled together with the skills we did have and pulled it out of the bag, literally by the skin of our teeth... our acid covered, loot carrying teeth. Thanks to everyone that was in the group with me! You're all awesome!

Unfortunately because we were running behind, the last group left for their dungeon before I was done NPC'ing so I was unable to give them a weapon they needed to complete their mission with.

The rumours were once again outstanding, the live music was extremely atmospheric and I was overly impressed by the degree of roleplaying everyone pulled off in the tavern. I loved all the npc visits, as well as the games like Charades, using a clearly IG approach to games meant to help pass the time. I'm glad and always impressed with the amount of love and detail plot and the npc's are able to inject into the game. Thanks again guys!

'If I ever see another damn stone construct it's going to be too soon...' I thought to myself, watching the grotesque things advance on the five of us. Looking to my right Mar was already nocking another arrow, and I was impressed with the precision he was displaying turning these gargoyles into pin cushions . On my right, the new tribesman Honir, or Sand as he was becoming known, was proving his worth with that ridiculously large shield he'd been carrying around all day. I have to say I am becoming more and more impressed with him as I watch him use it, it's nice to know they still train how to fight down south, if nothing else. Beside him on either side stand two impressive looking warriors, the high ogre who I've met once before, who's name I've either forgotten or have never been told, and a towering bear-kin named Magnus, who reminds me of the bears back home. Magnus' impressively large pole arm seems to be dwarfed by the towering, muscled bear and I'm glad that he's both on my side and in front of me, because I'm sure these gargoyles would have no problem cutting me down.

The brief pause in the melee breaks when one of the gargoyles gets too close and the high ogre lashes out, chipping off a sizeable chunk of the things arm. It responds with a ghastly howl, hitting the ogre full force with a spell meant to shun him and he backs off. That's okay, I've got one awaken spell left to deal with that, no problem. Unfortunately as I think this Sand gets hit by the same howl, turns his back and flees to one corner of the crypt, and the gargoyle that attacked him turns to face me.

The gargoyle swings, right low, easily blocked. Right high, easily blocked. Left low, the swing was a little quicker but I manage to block it. I still have one warrior left to get behind, and Mar still has a mostly full quiver. Before the gargoyle is able to swing at me again, the bear-kin is on her, viciously attacking her with his pole arm and tearing off chunks of her stone form even as she tries to face him. Unfortunately Magnus isn't ready for her ghastly howl and is also hit by the spell, retreating to where the ogre and Sand are nervously watching the fight.

I look at Mar, loosing another arrow, nocking, loosing, nocking, loosing, and I look to the three advancing gargoyles. I only have the one awaken spell, so I'll only be able to get one of the fighters back in the fight. At the same time I make a move to where the fighters are, I have to block a few more swings from two of the gargoyles, and despite my staff they manage to rip and tear at my leather armour.

I turn, the power in my hand glowing a bright, fluorescent green in the darkly lit chamber of the crypt, I turn to Magnus, for no other reason then he was tearing out the most chunks of stone thus far and draw upon my power, 'I Command you to AWAKEN!'...

Reviews got you 15 gs, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

Last edited:

One of my favorite moments this weekend was being a monster, having not been a monster before I found it to be a lot of fun to be on the other side of the fighting.

My least favorite moment was the confusion on who was going in what groups. It didn't affect me but I know a couple people were getting stressed about it.

I would like too see more of the RP like we had at the end with the members of the breach being divided- this was great.

Sitting in the tavern, Derya comes up too me and asks me if I have seen her in the last five days because she doesn't remember where shes been; I told her I had no idea where she had been. Later in the tavern I heard rumors that Derya and Az'Caine had gone on a mad drinking adventure that had Az'Caine's robe growing shorter and shorter. Being mortally disgusted by this Sarryn needed some serious drinks to try and get that image out of his head.

Sarryn (Anthony Percival)

Last edited:
!! I have to be very honest. Life has been crazy lately and it's made me grumpy and I was kinda dreading going to the event and having to be social and such. That all changed within minutes of arriving and my mood has been immeasurably boosted by seeing, chatting and playing with you guys. So thank you -all- for being such beautiful people.

My favourite:

This is a hard decision for me. I really enjoyed hanging out in the tavern and getting to chat with folks. I enjoyed our run and the rp that sprang from it with Ariana having a rough go and Nazrat springing a trap. I also enjoyed getting to know some characters a bit better. And, I have to admit, Derya's song getting instantly recognized as a pirate song made me grin. I think that, overall, everything was incredibly well balanced as far as types of activity.

Least favourite:
I was sad we didn't get to do our ridiculously I'll advised fight. I get the reasoning and I'm not saying we -should- have I just was excited. No one's bad there and the resulting rp meant Derya got to have a hissy fit

MOAR:

I loved that we were discussing strategy in ig terms and the general level of rp overall. And the opportunities to explore some of the less pleasant emotions of mine and other characters. So more rp? I <3 rp

Story time:

It hadn't been serious. Or at least she didn't think Ariana had meant it this way, but what was a juvenile point ear to think when her bravery was called into question? Even with time tempering her people, Derya felt the typical urges of youth. She felt the bait of a challenge and the need to rise to it. She felt the need to be accepted and loved by those she admired, maybe to even be admired herself. And in her young head that desire, that need, drove out any notion of common sense, as it was wont to do with the young of any race.
So it was that when Borris said he'd go on the suicide mission, with Crow quick to follow, Derya found herself falling into step. And icy fingers gripped her heart and she wanted to vomit out her lungs.
But she steeled herself. She focused on preparation. She sang a song her mother would sing to her when storms would toss the Silver Fin about like so much flotsam.
And then Mobeus was yelling about not going and pulling rank. And all of that pent up preparation, nervousness, fear.. All of that needed to be loosed and it found its release through anger aimed at the men on the landing. The leaders of the Breach. Those who claimed a role only her parents had ever had over her.

Favorite moments:

The RP in the tavern was great. I also enjoyed getting into combat again, after years of going without martial arts or boffer combat. Being a monster was interesting. Mostly I didn't know what to do, but it didn't matter much since I was playing a fodder monster. Part of the fun was trying to make the monsters seem more real by shaking our antennae about and clicking our tongues.....which probably went unnoticed.

Had a semi-RP semi-OOC moment, when myself and another fighter (sorry, I've forgotten your name) were talking about the fae characters making people dance, and I mentioned, "Well, you can dance if you want to..." And the other fighter replied with "You can leave your friends behind."

I really like the fact that as a new player, I was welcomed by everyone in the group....even if I was a bit grumpy. That mostly comes from being at college, which hopefully will be over at the end of April.
After the dungeon run, I was exhausted, which mostly meant I was sitting by myself and trying to rest. That didn't stop people from coming to talk to me, which was awesome, if a bit wearing. (My apologies if I ignored anyone, I wasn't trying to be rude.) Normally I'm much more social.

Also, that conversation where an elven lady said "some people might think I'm a thief," and I responded "I really respect thieves, a good burglar can come in handy at the right moments" was probably my favorite conversation from that evening.

I also thought it was cool that in the dungeon run, even though we had a player just starting out being a rogue, enough time was given for her to disable traps and do her rogue thing. As a new player myself, I thought this was really great, as everyone needs to start somewhere.

At the time, I may have been a bit ungrateful for the person who sang in the tavern....but it did a lot to add to the atmosphere..and everyone has to start somewhere....and if he happens to sing Son House's "Grinnin in your face" at the next game I'm at, he may find himself with a few more coins in his hat.

Less favorite moments:

Mostly this had to do with me. Its been awhile since I've roleplayed, or did boffer work. I was also tired and a bit grumpy. Fortunately these things will pass in time.

What would I like to see more of:

Moar combat! (This being said by someone who plays a fighter and loves combat, so I'm probably biased.)

Story time:

After travelling many days to parson's breach, Trent wasn't entirely sure how this adventuring thing would work. When he showed up to the tavern, there was a group already to go who needed a fighter. Not knowing what was going to happen, they traveled to the dungeon and opened up on the undead. Oddly enough, the group he was in seemed to know each other, or just fell in and started working as a team. After a number of successful encounters, the team moved in and slew the last of the undead, with only the vampire who escaped. Trent was just glad no one died. After gathering the last of the loot, the newly made team of friends met in the tavern and shared many a story.

Last edited:
Rob/Trent that was me who you were talking too in the tavern Sarryn (Anthony) :D and it was great having you in the game.

Mobius when he "went medieval" from the balcony! I think it marked a real step in his progressing toward sitting at the High Table! Now that we know that he can deal with the common rabble, he is that much nearer to being acknowledged as Noble. I hope. Plus it created some great RP from those on both side of the decision. Morrigan and Eriana were flat out fantastic! They and Mobius are my three stars for the night.

The V8 moment when our group only asked "what do we see" at the third door. Meaning that we had blown off 10 defences in getting through the first two glyphs. <head smack!>

Deeper RP and more medieval. NPC nobles were calling folks on some omissions but we were still spotty in showing the correct response to a those of rank.

Stepping to the side Isawda loosed another spell at the circling undead. Again to no effect. If not for Kroxis refusing to let any pass, the Earthweavers would have long since lost another of the Circle! But courage was not enough by itself and the warrior eventually falls to the blows that he refused to let pass. Courage was repaid with healing and he quickly rose again to resume the fulfillment of his promise.

Last edited:
Rob/Trent that was me who you were talking too in the tavern Sarryn (Anthony) :D and it was great having you in the game.

Awesome, thanks! I'm glad to be here.

Favourite Moment:
I would have to say that my favourite moment was at the end, when all the RP got a little more intense, and all of our opposing views started to form more visible fractures within our group. At the end, I definitely felt the results of some of the emotional investment experienced by Boris. Very excellent, great fun. I also quiote enjoyed that PLOT allowed me to assist on several additional Runs. Thanks Abbey for that!

Least Favourite Moment:
Nothing springs immediately to mind.

More:
Honestly, I cant really think of anything that could have been added to the evening. Everything was very well oganised and executed by PLOT and all the NPCs. No complaints.

Perspective:
Boris glared up at the Magistrate. These were weak excuses to his mind. They should be pursuing the dread vampire! not running away. But Mobeus, Isawda and Hamish stepping out of whatever fight was to come, they had even less chance of success.
"Coward." The surly dwarf mutters. He begins pacing through the crowd at the bottom of the stairs. He sees Crow and Derya a few steps behind him as he repeats his statement.
The strange red lady standing off to the side was giving a superior smirk at Boris and Magnus, and those who had proclaimed the need for instant action. When Garridan declared that he would not venture against the Vampire either, any possible chance of victory - no matter how small - faded. The leaders of the Breach then concluded their address. Seeing Hamish come down the stairs, Boris moves to intercept, seeing Third move in the same direction.
"T'was the right choice lad." The Sergeant says, forestalling the dwarf's words.
Thinking for a moment, Boris replies, "It was the smart choice, but I do not think the right choice."
"Aye lad, the smart choice."

Strategizing with my team before the run. The anticipation of the event was excellent. I also really enjoyed the way plot had entertainment at the tavern throughout the night. The minstrel was very good and the charades were creative and fun. The set up of the rooms in the dungeon run was excellent. This was my first dungeon run and I continued to be surprised as we went through to discover yet another adventure in the next room.

Eriana would rather not say - she was not very impressed with the way things went down during the run, which may have set up her bad mood for the discussions at the end of the night. Don't worry Clover, she will get over it eventually.

Plot continuing with building on the history of past events. As an established character it is really fun to relive past moments through continued interaction (i.e. charades topics that related to in game actions and the shock of seeing the Duchess so badly abused - it was shocking to realize how offended I was at seeing her in such a state)

My character ended the evening pretty heated. (that actually took alot of my energy - I was wiped by the end of the night). Eriana is doing alot of sole searching and is fairly disgusted with herself and the way she handled what was put in front of her.

Eriana Iceni - Barbarian Warrior
OOG: Dawn

Favorite Moments:
Walking into the first room of our dungeon and seeing Scott sprawled on the floor, mouth gaping, wearing all fur. It was immediately obvious he was a bearskin rug, and I had trouble containing my laughter. The picture that threw spells at you if you looked at it was awesome, and hilarious seeing abbey standing there posing. As a zombie, at one point Scott and I both stuck weapons in our armor so it looked like we'd been impaled, then when the fight started we pulled them out of each other's bodies.....and I don't think the players noticed.

Least Favorite Moments:
The end. I've read the reviews above and heard people say how much they enjoyed it, and I don't even understand. It left me agitated and stressed for upwards of an hour afterwards, and if I'd gotten dragged into the argument, I would either have walked out of the building and waited until game was over, or started shouting incoherently at everyone. I seriously didn't really calm down until after we'd gotten to Denny's, and I can't clearly explain WHY I got so worked up without spending more time typing than this review really warrants.

Want to see more of:
I honestly can't think of any one thing. Everything went smoothly and I had a blast, right up until the fights started.

A moment from behind the wheel as Third:
"Krow! We have something for you!" Raiedra's voice rings out across the tavern, and my head pops up, a grin starting as I see her hand him the cloak. He tries it on, and I see him clearly asking what it does, even though I can't hear him over the hubbub of the tavern. My grin widens as she starts to explain, and his eyebrows start trying to climb up his forehead and off the top of his head.

a) joking with dawn about "taking the blue"
b) the fight at the end of my dungeon with jp when we had a riposte off
c) loved how my team worked together
d) really enjoyed being a monster its always fun to be on the other side of the fence.
e) all the fighting at the end was some amazing rp
f) the tavern entertainment was really fun and a great way to pass the time while we waited
none come to mind now that I've had time to reflect and calm my emotions
nothing comes to mind

Favorite Moments:
As a zombie, at one point Scott and I both stuck weapons in our armor so it looked like we'd been impaled, then when the fight started we pulled them out of each other's bodies.....and I don't think the players noticed.

I noticed & it thought it was fantastic! One of my favourite moments. But Malithon is a minimalist when it comes to expression & I had to work at staying in character.

Least Favorite Moments:
The end. I've read the reviews above and heard people say how much they enjoyed it, and I don't even understand. It left me agitated and stressed for upwards of an hour afterwards, and if I'd gotten dragged into the argument, I would either have walked out of the building and waited until game was over, or started shouting incoherently at everyone. I seriously didn't really calm down until after we'd gotten to Denny's, and I can't clearly explain WHY I got so worked up without spending more time typing than this review really warrants.

When next we hang out, I think I have a clue to your distress if you wish to discuss.

Mobeus finding his brass & getting medieval! That's how a leader of the day would do it! & still with a modern twist. Go if you wish but it's a bad idea & not sanctioned. & hold your tongue. Laying down the law!
Morrigan & Eriana rock the rp conflict. Everyone was fabulous in their roles & responses even being mad or irritated. I'm sorry for anyone who truly walked away still further upset OoG. The ending felt odd but that's because we didn't have a definitive "The End" point, like a movie with a neat & tidy bow at the 2 hr mark. PS, life doesn't have those. It's unfinished business.
Fantastic food.
Love being an npc & would've liked to do it more. NPCs rock!
Actually remembering incants & casting correctly.

My own issues. I still struggle with this character. She's not the nicest of people.

Tavern was far too warm & felt small & I would retreat downstairs frequently. But probably very tavernish in this aspect.
Bummed that I missed the fairies. Sarah, you & I need to terrorize the people sometime.

Completely forgetting my incants before game start & panic studying to refresh my memory. Give me a sword any day.

Fighting my desire to join in the end fray & my characters clear wish to not be involved in the slightest. To those whom received her uncharacteristic charity, please forgive my break in role & enjoy the minor fruits. I'll try not to let it happen again.

While the entertainment (the bard & Muzzy) was a great addition, & there should be more of it, it stretched my rp as I wanted so much to join in & Malithon is not a joiner. Intoxicate potion anyone? I had to fight my impulses to enjoy myself.
Great food, brilliant rp, npc-pc interaction:muzzy, **** fight argument, , pc-pc interaction,

That would be telling, Malithon replies in cool tones.

Her insides like water, her mind in turmoil. She's never been in this situation before, uncontrolled, unknowing, facing physical conflict with individuals of unknown qualities. Oh, for her warm, safe library & books, her comfy chair & her wise teacher. Never has she experienced greater longing for her mentors cool, knowing, piercing blue intelligent gaze. He never taught her how to deal with a situation like this. It was all book study & theory, intellectual repartee.
So long as the people stay between her & the creatures, she's sure she can survive the coming endeavour.

Entryway to the first room is unnerving. Creatures that shouldn't be moving, should be in the ground, up shuffling around. Horrific countenances staring blankly through her. Gather her power, intone the ancient phrases & loose the force from her fingertips. It works! NO! The creatures are tearing from the bonds. Fighters attack! One is too close on her left but doesn't notice her. Another is on her right & does. It swings & she tries to block with her staff but she has never done this & the blow clips her leg. Magic armour is a very good idea. Where is everyone else? She sidles into position behind those wielding weapons with acumen. Appropriate protection. And soon it is over.
The next room? She follows last, always keeping the armed in front of her.

In the final room, a man quakes beneath a table while numerous creatures circle & taunt the air, one yelling imprecations at him but not to him. Two of the creatures have weapons impaled through them. Obviously the manner of their deaths. And now the implements of they're gruesome tasks.
They advance upon the fighters. Malithon moves the dryad to the fore. She holds weapons & must know how to use them. Besides the bush is used to combat. She wonders about the shrubs greenery & if a cutting could be grown from her. She'll have appraise the situation later.
Disarming the creatures proves easy & amusing. Brilliant! Now the fighters can finish them.
The fox & the shrub coax the terrified man from beneath the table & assault him with questions. He quails & retreats. Malithon moves counter to his direction of travel, without intention, approaching him obliquely, allowing him to move towards her of his own violation. Asking about him & what can be done for him, listening to him while not approaching or pushing him, using more kindness than she normally shows. Allowing him to regain himself. & we have an invisibility to undead ring!
Marcus', centuries great uncle vampire hunter, of the Duke no less, buried with a specially crafted sword made to slay him.

In tavern, she is amused. The fox knows how to count & read. Ki is most diligent in her accounting. How precious. And useful. Hmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back