Damage Aura

Unsure

Artisan
Simple question. Does Damage Aura add 1 point per ritual or is it dependant to the ritual itself; for example the ritual itself gives the weapon an additional 5 points. The rulebook only says that it "augments it and gives it a Magic carrier attack."

B~>

The ritual itself has several levels it can be cast at, from adding zero (just the "magic" carrier, basically) to +3 (and the carrier).
Number of components expended and the skill of the caster determine what level the ritual is cast at.
~Matt, WCV
IAAM

Is it a max of three or can it be piggy backed as to have several damage auras attached to it to give it more damage?

Max of three with Damage Aura.
There are other rituals that can add damage, but they don't stack with Damage Aura and are only against certain types of creatures.
Multiple Damage Auras don't stack. With any ritual that grants you extra damage, you use the highest, never combine them.

Really high. Like beyond euphoria's high!

And not to poke too hard, but those rits are right in the rule book, I suggest you check them out there as a start, but needless to say, they are very expensive, quite rare, and normally carried by.... big things that go more then just bump in the night.

Pretty high. Some of this has ventured into FOIG territory some time ago, but I hate it when people answer questions with FOIG, so there you are.
To use an example that I know you've seen, Kerjal's sword goes from "2 Ice" to "10 Magic" when fighting Undead, and it's Permanent, so you know there's nothing less then max on there.

Going 'boom' in the night,
Matt, WCV

Lugo said:
those rits are right in the rule book
The only thing I see is under Earth Aura and Elemental Aura and that only says it gives it a carrier attack. Nothing is said about "augmenting the damage".

B~>

OK this is a guess and I'm not sure if you can do this but here goes: Max damage aura (+3) then add a battle magic, magic blade (+5) then making it all permanent. This would make it a 10 if you add that to the base damage of 2 (2 + 3 + 5 = 10). Is that correct?

B~>

:? ... not sure what yer looking at but...FOIG is a crappy thing...I can understand its use in some places such as character stats and the what not..but when it comes to rules or things in the rule book there is no place for it.... Monster Slayer and Race Reaver are 2 other scrolls that can increase the damage out put of a weapon, again it depends on the amount of comps and lvl of caster for the total "+" to the weapon against certain things...such as undead, fae, Elves and what have you....

-Matt K.

FOIG is an awesome thing, it encourages roleplay and interaction. Want to know about rituals? Walk up to a ritualist and ask them to instruct you in what things you can and should seek out to meet your goals. Also, if something is in fact clearly laid out in the rulebook, and someone points to that section and says "the info you seek is there" it encourages people to learn the rules as they are in the book, not "well that's what someone told me once so I took their word for it" which is probably the basis for at least half the arguments I hear on the field at any given game.

I'm guessing you were thinking Extend Battle Magic cast on Magic Blade celstial spell, right? Doesn't work that way, sorry to say. Don't want to get too into it since it's the kind of stuff only ritualists should know, seek one out they'll fill ya in IG.

Maxondaerth said:
FOIG is an awesome thing, it encourages roleplay and interaction. Want to know about rituals? Walk up to a ritualist and ask them to instruct you in what things you can and should seek out to meet your goals. Also, if something is in fact clearly laid out in the rulebook, and someone points to that section and says "the info you seek is there" it encourages people to learn the rules as they are in the book, not "well that's what someone told me once so I took their word for it" which is probably the basis for at least half the arguments I hear on the field at any given game.

But if its in the rule book then why call FOIG? just give them the page number or ritual name...Whats to stop you from doing just that even when you know the answer OOG...I have done this for years...I love to know the rules..this why I dont brake them and I understand the game...when Im IG, I dont know all the same stuff...just the stuff I have encountered...So you still have RPing going on...and no need for the FOIG about rules and stuff in the rulebook.

-Matt K.

Well, he was told it's in the rulebook, in the ritual section, so he was given the information. On a personal level, I agree with you and secret rules bug me. Reguarding this game, if it's not explicitly in the rulebook, ownership doesn't want players to simply "know" it, such as the in depth racial backgrounds and the full ins and outs of each and every ritual and how they're cast. Therefore, I'm trying to uphold the wishes of ownership and encourage people to seek out knowledge on their own, either by pointing at the book and saying "it's in there, see if you can't find it and learn a thing or two besides along the way" or by telling them "this info is something you should be discovering within the game, as your character, so go out there and enjoy finding it!"

If you still feel that strongly about it, then I suggest any time you see someone post FOIG pm the person who asked it and sneak them the info on the down low. It'll help reinforce your righteous indignation, trust me. :D

Maxondaerth said:
this info is something you should be discovering within the game, as your character, so go out there and enjoy finding it

This makes sense to me and I will do just that thanks. :)

B~>

Unsure said:
Lugo said:
those rits are right in the rule book
The only thing I see is under Earth Aura and Elemental Aura and that only says it gives it a carrier attack. Nothing is said about "augmenting the damage".

B~>

Monster slayer too

Back