Damage multipliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was theory crafting with some folks. I know that the max multiplier you can take from damage is 4x.

How does that work if you take a Destruction? Would you just ignore the extra 2x?

Example: Elf McFace has built herself that she takes 4x from Lightning and 1/4 for all other elements. During combat she gets hit with a Destruction. Shortly after she is struck by a Lightning bolt and a Flame bolt and has no protectives to stop them.

What does Elf McFace take?

Lightning bolt: Base 10 (80 from 4x * 2x from destruction? or just 40 from the x4 and calls Altered(?)).
Flame bolt: Base 20 (10 from 1/4 * 2x, this is pretty simply since it does not violate the 4x ruling. Just adding for refference).

Correct. The max benefit/deficit from Flaws is x4. That is not to say you cannot be under the effect of "destruction" on top of that. They are different sources.

Upvote 0
That's not true. Page 97 of ARB:

"A target will take a maximum of four times damage from any single attack no matter how many effects they currently have that may double damage."

This is a general rule pertaining to damage as a whole, not specifically just for flaws. You can still be affected by a Destruction, though, it just won't enhance any damage beyond 4x. You would take 40 points from the Lightning Bolt and 10 points from the Flame Bolt.

Upvote 0
Norm is incorrect.

Per http://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/takes-double-damage-or-takes-half-damage.11029/

The owners have approved the following rules change:

WORDING CHANGE: Under the "Damage" qualifier entry in the rulebook, add: "A target will take a maximum of x4 damage from any single attack no matter how many effects they currently have that double damage."

In addition, ARC is publishing the following clarification:

The rules change concerning stacking damage (i.e. that it goes to a maximum of x4 damage) should also be applied in reverse; i.e. no matter how many effects they currently have that halve damage, damage can only go to a minimum of 1/4 of its original value.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Edit: Or Kyle can beat me to it. The jerk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back