Damage Stacking;

Status
Not open for further replies.

MathGwyson

Artisan
Do Back Attack, Endow, and Vorpal Coatings all stack? Not multiple versions of the same, but all three separately? I just want to make sure before I start calling 11s in our low-level chapter (2 base for staff +2 Back Attack +5 Vorpal Coating +2 Endow)

Thanks

Yes. Damage additives from different sources stack, until you get into rituals (Ritual damage enhancers do not stack). The example you've listed works, and you could get even higher with a bigger vorpal, or once you have actual Back Stabs (or Profs or what-have-you. Heck, you could even throw in a Crit Attack.). Remember that you'll only get one shot of 11, then you're down to 4 to that enemy from behind, and 2 for everyone else (Endow and the Vorpal are one swing, the Back Attack is one person for 10 minutes).

~Matt,
OR/SEA Marshal

Upvote 0
I know this is not the place for 'discussion', but I do want a clarification of what you wrote;

obcidian_bandit said:
the Back Attack is one person for 10 minutes). l

I thought this was "until End of Combat (which is defined as Line of Sight for most purposes)" <- in quotes is near exact wording as I recall it from the book.

Upvote 0
Thanks - question answered. Would like to comment that I know there are higher level Vorpals but are out of the price range and scope for our new & low-level chapter (I'm sure me calling '11' would raise a few eyebrows) and I knew that Vorpal and Endow were one-hit only, although I use a staff, so my call will likely be "11 normal, 9 normal, 4 normal..." or "11 normal, 6 normal, 4 normal..." depending on what coatings I use on each end.

I also didn't know that Back Attack and Crit Attack could stack, so that's good to know. I don't know if having both is worthwhile on my current character though points-wise considering Alchemy is my main focus.

I noticed one other inconsistency in the rules that I will pose as a separate question. This thread may be locked.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back