DC Universe Online

Anyone tried it yet? I'm tempted, but holding my breath waiting for SWTOR to announce a date. Curious how it stacks up/what kind of MMO format it is...

not really read a review that gave it a 'hands down, must buy' yet.

the few reviews I have read have said the PS3 version is easier to target (it was built for PS3, not PC).
it seems to still be a work in progress per IGN. http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1143429p5.html

I played the beta, but didnt buy it on release. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, the action rpg style fighting system is pretty fun. I didnt buy it because I will only play an mmorpg with people I know and no one I know plays so I got bored.

Bought it the day it came out. Have it for the PC. Big note PC and ps3 games are different servers so you can't play with your friends cross platform. Gameplay wise I like it. Being a comic fan helps. They really do a great Jim of immersion especially in gotham. Character building is fun with good power compliments. I think its a justified buy.

Aggravain said:
Bought it the day it came out. Have it for the PC. Big note PC and ps3 games are different servers so you can't play with your friends cross platform. Gameplay wise I like it. Being a comic fan helps. They really do a great Jim of immersion especially in gotham. Character building is fun with good power compliments. I think its a justified buy.

What he said. However there are still a lot of wrinkles that need to be worked on. Chat on the PS3 is down fairly often. Infact I still havent been able to get chat up and running when I play...which means I gotta yell from the bedroom to the living room when the Mrs and I are questing together. The level cap is 30 which is fairly easy to get to with minor work. Its a fun game yes...but I do hope they have a good amount of stuff on the back burner. You can hold off on buying it immediately. World wont end and you might get a better product for the wait.

The problem is that the developer is notorious for abandoning MMOs, I played the beta and had a lot of fun, but history tells us that new content will peter out in a year or so so I didn't buy retail.

Well it's SOE so you KNOW it's gonna be buggy as hell for the first six months, just like every other MMO they've put out (SWG anyone?). Thanks!

The bugs where only so-so on the last few days of beta. I dont know how it is now that the servers will have more people, but the beta seemed better than vanguard at the end of its beta and first few months of release.

I didnt buy but that was because no one I knew was going to play. The stability was not an issue for me (ps3 version) after about two patchs before launch.

The best super-hero MMO I've played to date. The cutscenes are orgasmic, the combat flows like water, and being able to traverse Gotham is awesome. Metropolis always wanted to be Gotham; we know it to be true. PvP isn't broken by level difference like other MMOs and building your character, aesthetically and mechanically, gives instant gratification.

Only complaints I have:
Some of the quests are generic MMO quests, but they are veiled with lore and flavor most of the time.
Lex Luthor still has no hindsight except when he time travels.
Some of the PC controls are clunky and awkward as it's a console port/crossover.

I'm on a 3-month sub for now and will see how my interest holds.

Back