dead walk preperation

Aggravain

Squire
Owner
NEPA Staff
My friends I would like to organize actions before next dead walk at thenext gather. Could the leaders of each faction send me a missive so that we can better protect the cicitizens of Barran and our own people? My thanks for your time.

In service,
Grim Anvilstrike

Servant Grim-

Please feel free to advise the rest of us when you would like to work with those who are not your friends.

-Tieran

Tieran,
I understand that you are joking. I'm very glad for you. Lives are at stake and last gather about 5 people resurrected. I want that not to happen. When it comes yo fighting against the undead. I would hope we are all friends. I'm very serious about this.. if we all can band together with a plan we can make this work. Thank you for your time.

Squire Grim

Your understand of my humor is lacking.

Similarly, the existence of common enemies does not always make for good allies.

Lord Tieran

Nor does it make us enemies. I understand where you are coming from.

From what I've seem this far, you couldn't possibly.

-T

The dream realm is not always as conducive to these things as we intend for it to be. Nor is open dreaming the best forum for strategic planning, which both of you (from my experience) know well.

I supposit that both of you wish to live, and any destruction of undead to further that goal can be listed as a positive for both of you when the tally sheet is gathered.

The next goal, admittedly of Grim's, would be to include as many other townsfolk in this goal, adventurers and commoners alike. I will make no assumptions on behalf of Lord Tieran, but for myself, including as many others as we can to educate and bring about an intelligible defense and save lives, you know I will support. Though I caution that such strategic actions are taken face to face or in private dreamings with those who will be present.

In Honor and Duty,

-Gwendara Alanik
Councilwoman
Irregular to the Court of the Vanguard

Hello Mister Grim:

I am Zara Bloodrunner. I think we have met before. I do not know where in Barran you are intending to stay but I advise you take care of what information you put out into the Apsuudi, for the dead may dream as well. There are many eyes and ears you cannot see here.

If you like I will meet with you in person to discuss deadwalk preparations.

Zara, you have met Grim. It was the first time I mistwalked to Barran. I was a Earth Scholar then. Will you be at the next gathering?

Organization during Dead Walk would be a breath of fresh air honestly. I know the last time I saw a gathering it was fought, foolishly I might add, on a three way front.

I would be happy to offer my insight if it would be welcome. It would allow for thoughts who are not front line fighters a chance to help.

Sapharia Barani

All thoughts are welcomed. We all fight this battle every night. Each combatant see this fight from different sides and each voice allows us to create better tactics.

For those interested speak with me the first day of the gather.

We can't make it to the next gathering but I will say this, I was observing the battle field like I always do, analyzing and calculating the outcome. One key point was not fighting as a unit, it was messy. Regardless of how people feel about each other, they need to fight together because if one side of the line falls, the rest will. I'm much stronger if the people to my sides are up and not bleeding out. We need to punch that point home. When you rally the troops next gathering, push that hard. They MUST understand that. I remember in Ashbury, fighting along side Duke Frost, the whole town became a better, more cohesive fighting force, annihilating its opponents because, we fought as one.

The turning point of the past battle was when the front line turned around and ran. Not retreated but, full out ran. That can not happen because think of it from a numbers stand point, you went from 50 people t0 35 if the 15 in the front booked it, not only that but your supporters that we in the middle and the back are now up there, where they don't belong because they can't survive it.

That's my advice.
Fight as one and don't run away.

Gilwing,
your presence and that of your fellows will be missed. Thank you for your insight.

I'll speak for most of those traveling solo in Barran. If your intentions are to fight these ongoing hordes all night while wasting resources and life spells on an Army that does not grow tired or run out of soldiers for two solid hours then I shall do as I always do. I will fight till your sword arms get tired and the lines fall and i will run away to the safety of my Ward. I do not see a better solution as we do not have an endless supply of zeal as our enemies have and staying up all night fighting a random generation of unliving hosts will not stop it from happening again the next night. If you can handle it. Go for it. If not, then get out of there or save who you can. I'm not saying I won't help but I am saying that It's my choice to do so.

The Gilded claw will stand and fight the undead as long as there is a town to defend

Grim I look forward to meeting you next gathering. My friend Jadden and I will be arriving from Anjar. We hope that we will be able to meet you. Just look for two Ta''hor'i. I have white and blue hair, where as Jadden has white and green. I look forward to our conversation.

Sapharia Barran'i

Sapharia, Look for the Shahbanu and Dwarf wearing Red and Black. That is myself and Grim.

For what it is worth being currently war tattered and cannot properly defend myself let alone the town it gives such a keen sight into the fighting of the adventurers, for what it is worth, keener sight of a dweller of the night myself. It seems that the adventurers scrambled and did not keep together, especially with the people who should be "buddy system with". As well as with creatures that are in large numbers that seem to be replenishing as soon as their allies fall, it seems almost not wise to be away from a ward or building or place where they can refit, heal, hide, ect.

I kept my distance and observed. This isn't my first time traveling to Barran and I have never really seen the undead not fight in deadly numbers during this dead walk. I've seen scrimmages with less men than these undead. It is wise to fight some, but if you are expecting to demolish the undead completely. You have better luck trying to teach a common cat to bark.

So as for your plan, I think it is fair to say if you are to fight, be in a group and not far from a place where you can escape. If you cannot stand and defend yourself, then do not make yourself another worry or responsibility of the adventurers. There is no shame in running but there is shame if someone dies trying to save YOU!

Corporal Zimps

Back