Deadly Excitement

Arkade

Scholar
I hardly know were to begin... I want to share the shame of my spirit with those I abandoned. Tadron, Alanah, Sir Garoth, Lady Gwen, my new found guildies, and mostly my new friends. After the fight with Echo's sister... I couldent go on any more, though healed and "lifed", my spirit felt thin and weak. I ran, knowing the greatest fight was ahead, at the end of the story, I ran. Waiting under the wing of night until I was no longer in the bubble. I was happy! I was going to go home to my mother and father! On my way back to Valdanis city, overwhelming shame struck my heart.
The man in the book called me a hero, and though he probibly would have said that to anyone heading tward North Point at that time... I cant help but feal like there was some truth in his words. Elementals, Pirates, Deadly trees, an army! All was more than I could handle, the pain of death gripping my spirit at every turn, my body broken, over and over again. The taking of another's life, though they would take mine as likely as look at me, but how, how could I?!
I go home now, with much to think about. I return to my home, my mother and father, with more gold than I'v ever seen. I go home, the member of a guild, under the same banner of Sir Garoth himself! They will be proud of me, I know my father will brag to the others rebuilding Valdanis! "Your son is working as a scribe for a noble? You must be proud! My son Flint has fought beside the saviors of all Valdanis! What must I then be?!"

I offer my blood life to the true Saviors, and adventurers of Valdanis. I lay down my life and ambitions to become like the greatest Adventurers in all Fortanis! I ask only that my abandoning with be overlooked and never cast agenst me. May I be blameless in the eyes of those who did not run, and did not hide.

Flint Gravewild

It takes a brave man to admit things like this. However I have to say you have nothing to be ashamed of. As far as I can tell you were fairly new to adventuring. Most new adventures make alot of mistakes that often get season adventures killed. You did wonderful. You didn't jeapordize anybody but your own life. And you even helped me in some of my schemes. For that all I say thank you.

As for your shame. You went to bed as far as I was concered. There is no shame in that. I pushed alot of the adventures alot further than they are used to being pushed that night. I even helped do something that doesn't happen often. I pushed Lady Gwen to become low on healing. And that's a feat on it's own. If you were tired and tapped and didn't have much energy left most of the time it's better that your not on the front lines. Tiredness and sloppiness will get people killed in big battles every time.

It was your first time doing the things you did. So one emotion got the better of you. Live and learn. If you learn from your mistakes then they are worth making. Just make sure to do your best not to make them a second time and nobody really has the right to complain.

I will adventure next to you anyday.

Back