Death, rebirth and you.

Aziraphel

I am looking to make sure I am right about the way something would work.

The Solomon Principle: A PC (we'll call him Paco for the sake of this situation.) has bled out and is now in their death count. Senor Necromantico raises them as undead. They must still receive a life spell within 5 minutes of when the death count started, correct?

So, assuming I remember that correctly I have 2 questions.

1.) Does Paco, the freshly raised and mildly undead PC, need to be dropped to 0 or below before a Life spell will affect him? Or can Hannah the Healer zap Paco with a Life spell while heis fighting Frank the Fighter?

B.) As it turns out, Paco is also an Earth caster, and is formal capable. He has Rebirth on himself. As he is Fighting Frank the Fighter his death count reaches 4:59 before Hannah the Healer is able to Life him. Does his Rebirth blossom if he is not at zero or less body? Does it return him to being non-undead or have No Affect?

Number 1 is in the rulebook, no marshalling necessary: While undead, you are immune to Gift, meaning you must no longer be undead (read: beaten down) to be a valid target for a Life spell. Should Hannah cast a Life on Paco while he is fighting Frank, Paco must call "No Effect" (until Frank ganks him, in which case he's just a corpse again).

Number 2 was ruled on the ARC a little while ago: Should Paco have a Rebirth, which goes off at 4:59, and is still undead at that time, he calls "No Effect" to the Rebirth (which still goes off, gets used up, burns the Life spell and does nothing). At that point Paco is hosed, and will attempt to ressurect as soon as Frank finally handles him.

Sorry Paco.

Regarding #2, wasn't another call that you chose when to use Rebirth? Specifically to avoid using it in a situation that you knew you were going down in, and using it would simply under line the word suicidal and serve no purpose whatsoever?

I seem to recall that from somewhere on the national forums, but I've gone back to keeping them as far away from my mind as possible, so they could have changed their minds, of course. I could be remembering something wrong, too, though.

You are correct, there was a great deal of discussion on #2 on the national board. I don't have a book in front of me to confirm this (and will edit this post when I do) but it looks like Rebirth is one of the few High Magic things that will survive the caster's resurrection, and that you may choose when to use it.

In that case, if Paco chooses to activate the Rebirth, then will have to call "No Effect" to it like a chump. Otherwise, Paco is just hosed, but will still have his Rebirth for later.

On behalf of Paco, Hannah, Frank and Senor Necromantico, thanks for the feed back.

If we can confirm whether or not Paco can decide to use or not use his Rebirth at 4:59 it would be appreciated.

Back