Deep in the library

Status
Not open for further replies.
"From what I've heard Jaxx is no longer a member of the Sanctum, as he seems to have lost his magical abilities when our powers were in flux. However there may be someone there that can still get a matter to him if need be. But Jaxx can be a hard one to pin down."

" Now that you mention it, I feel like I recall him mentioning that to me through the mists. but... that's something I can worry about later. for now, I ought to limit the things I let distract me."
Calan picks up the wineskin to refill his mug but finds that it scarcely has more than a sip's worth of liquid left. Calan narrows his eyes at Jinn.

"I will be back shortly it would seem someone polished off the last this without saying anything. so uncivilized."

Calan smiles at Kai as he exits the library.

Last edited:
"I'm sure that Jaxx is fine, where ever he ended up. He is a seasoned adventurer and I'm sure has dealt with rocky returns through the mists before."

Jinn smirks as he watches Calan realize the skin has emptied and gives a wave as Calan leaves the library.

"What can I say, reading makes me thirsty."

Jinn pushes the books in front of him to the side and grabs two more from the stack he has created. As the sounds of silence slowly return to the library, Jinn continues to read from his collection of books and writing out notes in his journal.

Calan quietly walks back into the depths of the library. as quietly as he can he places down his sketch pad and places down along with the other provisions he has restocked.

"Phalaenopsis sends his regards. he said if you feel stressed out you should go see a yeti or himself." Calan wondered what or who yetti was. as far as he knew a yeti was a snow monster in the mountains.

Calan smiles once more at the foxkin and then returns to looking through books.

Last edited:
Kai had been quiet for some time. If you turn to look at her, you'll realise she has fallen asleep, nose-first in the old tome.

Having realized Kai had fallen asleep calan removes his purple and black cloak from his things and then place it over their shoulders . The library wasn’t particularly cold but all the Same it seemed like something he should do.

Calan turns toward jinn and in a hushed voice begins to speak. “ you have been in this stuffy library for days. Perhaps you should get up and out stretch your legs, maybe find a hot spring to refresh yourself in.”

Watching as Calan enters Jinn brings a finger to his lips in shh motion, gesturing towards the sleeping foxkin. As Calan returns to the table Jinn speaks in a hushed voice.

"Good to hear that Phal is up and about. I hadn't seen him in a few weeks and I'm glad he is getting out." Jinn pauses for a moment. "Wait I'm supposed to go see a yeti? If I wasn't already so busy I would have so many quesions."

Jinn leans back in his chair and rubs his eyes.

"Wait... what day is it?"

Calan tilts back in the chair he was sitting in while shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know, he said something about a yeti. as for the date I have no idea I don't really keep track of the time it doesn't really matter. Self-imposed slavery isn't really my thing."

Calan can hear some disembodied motherly voice at the back of his head scold him for leaning back on the chair. he carefully lets it down so as not to make noise.

"At the very least, you should find a place to curl up and take a nap.these books are not going anywhere."

In her sleep, Kai shifts slightly. The book she was holding in her lap slides a little to one side, and she cuddles into the cloak.

Calan puts jots down some notes with a sense of satisfaction. he closes his sketchbook before wandering over to the supplies he had brought down previously. with careful precision begins tracing out a design onto a stiff paperlike substance. once all of the shapes are drawn and cut out Calan picks it up and places it to the side. he then pulls out another large sheet of the material and begins to repeat the process only this time the shapes have more definition and detail. once more feeling pleased with himself Calan sits back to look at his work while sipping his beverage and eating some bread and cheese. this will do he thought as he returned to his research.

Kai jerks suddenly, and the book slides to the floor. "No, I can't- " she half-hollars, becoming awake mid-sentence. She blinks and looks around. "Oh. I'm here." She rubs her eyes with both fists. "How long was I out? Have either of you discovered anything yet?"

Calan Jumps half out of his skin somehow managing to smack one of his horns on the shelf he was standing beside. instinctively he drops the tome he was holding down to the floor. he brings up his left hand to rub the now throbbing horn; as he leans over to pick it up the dropped book he smashes his second horn on the table Jinn was working at. he lets out some sort of noise of frustration that sounds like some sort of evil fae language. "@#@$%#@#%!%" followed by ten deep breaths Calan faces where jinn is and without opening his eyes says "Not a peep out of you." while pointing directly at him.

after a few more deep breaths he faces Kai. "I am not too sure how long you were out. maybe an afternoon, a day or an evening. it's hard to tell in here. to be honest I don't really pay that much attention to time. I can't speak for Jinn but so far all my reading has turned up nothing solid." he paused and opened his eyes again. he bends over to pick up the fallen book once more only this time he does so by standing perpendicular to the table and shelving and crouches more than bending over.

"what were you dreaming about if you don't mind me asking?" he asks the foxkin

Kai winces at Calan's expression of pain, and flinches down into the cloak when he swears. "I didn't have enough life spells," she answers, wiping away a tear. She seems disinclined to give more details. "I guess I'm tired enough to be a hazard down here. I'm sorry I startled you. I should go find my own bed..."

Watching the scene unfold Jinn stifles a laugh

"Gonna slay the nightmare titan are ya? I feel much safer with you at my side Calan....."

Jinn bursts out laughing.

"Brave brave man you are... as for your questions Kai, I have found some information, but nothing set it stone. Also, you have been resting for a good chunk of the evening, but for exactly how long I can not say... I feel like I also caught a quick nap. Its very quiet down here."

Jinn reaches over and gently touches Kai in the shoulder.

"As for the dream, we don't need to know if you do not wish to tell us. But as one who has had many a different nightmare interrupt my sleep, pay it no mind. You are back and surrounded by friends."

Kai sniffles, pulling the cloak a bit tighter like a security blanket. "I've been told in the land of nightmares, the things people fear come true. I have a.. " Kai chews her lower lip, considering her next words. "..Vivid imagination."

She shifts slightly, and finally notices her paws are clutching a cloak. "Oh- I should give this back." She doesn't recognize the fabric, so she doesn't know which of the gentlemen lent it to her. She folds it into a loose bundle, and places it on the empty corner of the table. "I really should go; get a few winks in my own bed," she gets to her feet. "Or atleast stretch my legs. I'm sorry I wasn't able to find anything, but atleast you have one less book to search." She looks at the tome she fell asleep reading. "Make that one and a half."

Calan smiles, “thank you for your help. Sleep well Kai.”

Calan places the cut out shapes ove top of a bit of cloth. This really will do he thought.
He turns to jinn ignoring the comments he has made. It’s time to focus on something more positive.

“What are your thoughts? I’m not sure yet how to make it stay but that’s what it will look like more or less.”

Kai leaves the fellows to their work.

Jinn stands up and stretches letting out a small yawn. He walks over to look at what Calan has set up.

"I think if they weren't touching that would look a bit better. That way they are their own piece but make a larger picture together."

Calan looks down at what he’d been working at before rearranging the components.

“Yeah, I like that.” He furrows his brow a moment. “ the ironic thing is this is either a murder , or an unkindness I’m good with either.” He claps his hands in front of his face and holds them there half contain his excitement and half to take a moment to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back