Denver 2017 Plot Survey

IMoriarty

Marshal
Hi all!

We're in the process of putting together an awesome year of plot for all you folks, be we'd like your input! Please fill out the linked form below for each one of your characters, and we'll read through them, and see how we can best serve you!

[The Denver 2017 Plot Survey]

Thanks a bunch!

In 2 weeks, Team Prometheus has received 53 responses to our Plot Survey!

Thus far, our Acarthian playerbase has been so supportive of our 2017 Plot efforts -- On behalf of Team Prometheus, I want to thank all of you for that! We're trying hard, and your support means the world to us!

We've seen some clear themes start to emerge from Plot Survey responses, so I thought I'd respond to a few commonalities:

Kill the Predictable Schedule of Field Battles
You want us to add variety to the daily schedule of field battles and other encounters at weekend events. We agree with you. We'll work to change that up.

Schedule More Field Battles at the Time That I Like
We received a lot of conflicting requests for when to have field battles -- more late at night, fewer late at night... We hope that by varying the routine, we can hit everybody's preferred times... sometimes.

Defeat Through Means Other Than Face Punching
You want more adversaries which are defeated by means other than a stand-up field battle. Roger that. Can do!

Give You a Reason To Care About This Plotline or Adversary
You want plotlines, villains, and other NPCs to evoke an emotional response for your character. We aim to design three-dimensional NPCs with clear and varied motivations that we hope will evoke this in you. We look forward to the challenge!

Conflicts About What Types of NPCs & Monsters You Want
We're getting conflicting reports like: I want more undead/I want less undead, that sort of thing. We hope that what everybody really wants is adversaries that have an understandable reason to be there, make you care about why they're out, and have a backstory that you can discover and act on if you desire. What we read between the lines is that you don't want an encounter that doesn't make sense, and is just a pain in your face. We get it.

You'd Like to Understand What's Going On
You want us to make sure there's lots of opportunities for your character to learn what's going on in this encounter, or what this NPC's deal is. We hear you! We plan to use the Acarthia Times, rumor sheets, the IG forums on this website, BGAs, guild meetings, and NPCs onstage who will share and repeat, "the story thus far." If we combine a steady flow of clear information with our goals above about making stories and NPCs worth caring about, we hope that will address this desire.

The Grass Is Always Greener
We see several occasions when members of Group A tell us, "Group B gets all the plot; I don't know what's going on." And members of Group B said the same thing about Group A -- which tells us: We should work to make sure that everybody has lots of information and lots of opportunity and access. We'll try hard to make that happen!

You Want to Improve Real Life Social Skills
No small number of you tell us that you'd like to practice your skills in leadership or public speaking, among other things. We'll work creatively to create opportunities like this for more of you in the game -- frankly, we think these goals are super cool!

I Don't Want To Join a Guild... But I Want More Guild Plot
Guilds are not supposed to form part of The Oppressive Establishment that has you under its bootheel in-game. We'll work to make guilds seem welcoming to their core group, and related support archetypes.

Guilds serve the OOG purpose of grouping up PCs with like interests. If Team Prometheus wants to write a story where healers can be caregivers and help the people who need help - It's so much easier for us if we can write one story that heads toward the Healers Guild. We do have in mind some story for the characters who are anti-establishment, fear not -- but if what you're craving is core story about healing, celestial magic, lore, or mercantile matters -- Check out a guild! We hope that you'll find there what you're looking for. If you try it this year, and you're not finding that -- please let us know.

If you haven't yet answered the Plot Survey, please do! If you've got two active characters (Lost Marchers!), feel free to answer once for each character.

We read every one of these and discuss. Even on Mod Day coming up in March, we made a few decisions on character story opportunities based on your suggestions and hints here. We'd like to be able to do that for every character out there eventually.

Thank you again for all your support and enthusiasm so far! We're terribly excited for the coming year!

Trace Moriarty
Team Prometheus
2017 Acarthia Plot

Back