Did we save the world?

As do I. Contrary to what has been said about magic not returning, mine has begun to come back to me. I should be more suited for battle by the time the barbarians show their hand once more.

I feel odd for saying this, but I regret not being present for the fight against the army that came to reclaim the Unicorn wand. However, at the time of the attack I was led to believe that the force coming to oppose us was significantly larger than it actually was. Several times the number of opponents, as well as individuals with access to Destroy Formal Magic and the ability to use it. Thus in my mind, myself and the few who avoided the battle with me would simply have been collateral damage; and take up resources that could be better used elsewhere. I have since learned that I was mistaken about those facts (especially that an Earth Formalist cannot destroy a Celestial ward...), and the next time a similar event occurs I will support as much as I can.

*addendum: The reason I feel strange about that is because I do my best to not regret anything I do, for better or for worse.

Hey wyclif,

Just to throw this out there.... any for anyone who cares... I am still ballsy enough to stand up and continue to fight. Though I visited the circle three times last I was in the lands not to mention the part of my spirit torn asunder in exchange for the lightning wand. Really, the fighting here is useless.

Honestly, we aren't going to get this damn thing done if people piss each other off. I spend enough of my time being irritated and this kind of stuff doesn't help. I am willing to try the ritual again as I have gotten everything on my end under control.

Don't already said she'd help me... Shar too? Tets? That's four celestialist and if liddia willing, one earth mage. When unexpected things happen we need to try again without flying into unnecessary finger pointing. So time to get back at it. Rituals backlash all the time. (Ask any member of HoG or OEF, they can confirm this.) No need to get our hackles raised, feathers ruffled, or panties in a bunch.

Eldandiril
Zen Artist

All gave some, some gave all. The ONLY way we lose is if we stop trying. I have no skill with magic, but will be there to do my part, whatever it may be. As long as I draw breath, my shield will be your protector and my sword your vengeance

If that happened to me I start to wonder what I'd done to earn someone's animosity.

Never did I say I'm not aware of those reasons, I simply stated a fact. I can't help the fact that my personality and quest do not sit right with beings beside myself, nor will I ever waste valuable time on it.

(Ask any member of HoG or OEF, they can confirm this.)
Even the best of casters run into problems, which is why when possible we take the time to cleanse and prepare the circle and keep as many distractions out of the ritual as possible.
From what I hear the casting that went awry suffered from an abundance of unnecessary complication including the use of multiple casters (at least one of whom was casting cross-school) and the interference of unreliable elemental and fae entities.
Now I've done some risky things in the circle before, but it appears that someone was asking for trouble.

Travel safely,
Mathis
Order of the Emerald Flame

Last edited:
Wycliff,

I am REALLY trying to be civil here, but it is quite difficult to do that when you speak so rudely to my mentor.

Also, at the last gather, I found out that as a result of you lying and taking reward for not doing a job you said you had done, 16 people ended up dead and there are now more bandits to deal with.

Safe Travels,
Banradi
Apprentice to Mathis - Order of the Emerald Flame
Master of the Waymaker Stones

Radi,

I thank you for being civil here despite what Wycliff is saying. This is no place for quarrel. If you would like at this coming market youself and Wycliff may sit down and get things out in the open. If you would like myself present i am willing to help in order to resolve this so we can all become a town as a whole and have no quarrels between us.

Squire Nyio a.k.a Shiny

Banradi,

It seems that 'seeing is believing' is quite the common theme in these discussions. For one thing, I did INDEED do the job I was asked to the extent I was able, seeing as there were other priorities. When one is told to investigate a shambled house in the woods in a foreign land, and finds a shambled house in the woods around where it was described to be, one will assume that it is the aforementioned location. There were no bandits at the location I discovered.

On the other end of 'seeing is believing', I've had my mentor and HIS teachings mocked on numerous occasions, yet no other being seems to care, as he is no longer of this world. Disregarding the fact that you are overreacting immensely and that I mean and mean no disrespect, as I have said before, to Mathis, pray tell my obligation to respect your house's wisdom in light of your disregard of mine?

Think carefully before you answer, or you shall too easily prove my point.

- Wycliff, the Seeker.

Banradi,

A skill that your mentor, Mathis, has mastery of that you seem to lack is listening. I spoke in length with Mathis when last we met in your lands, and though I am unsure of his side, I learned much from that discourse. This argumentation that is occurring advances the knowledge of neither us nor any who are observing. Try to think with the head that mastered Waymaker stones rather than the fist that wants to crush a shadow.

- Wycliff, the Seeker.

Wycliff,

In regards to the bandits, you have my apologies. Taios informed me otherwise, but I will leave you two to discuss that matter.

I would argue with your comment that I am "overreacting immensely" just by telling you that I believe you are speaking my mentor rudely, but that is entirely relative. It is in my nature to defend and protect the familia and those who I look up to. I would be interested in hearing of your mentor and his teachings over our lunch at the next gather.

For various reasons, I will ignore your second comment on "listening", as ironic as that statement might sound.

Banradi Irani Moduri
Master of the Waymaker Stones
Apprentice to Mathis - Order of the Emerald Flame

[laughs] You are an interesting Romani, you know that? In respect for Squire Nyio, we can save further discussion till next we meet. Until then, adieu.

- Wycliff, the Seeker.

Ve are all interesting, az ve are all dynamic and skilled in our fieldz. Vut vhat does that mean exactly? Remember tone iz lost in the dreaming. Zo vords must be chosen carefully.

Kit

Kitaruen,

The word 'interesting' in this context means that I am slightly perplexed at his thinking and wish to understand it, as the root word 'interest' suggests. Beside that, I don't see the reason for your question: what concern of yours is it that I have a differing opinion of Banradi than other Romani I have come in contact with?

- Wycliff, the Seeker.

My concern iz that he is my family. I have concern for all Romani, I vill bleed for any of them, unless Marheim ofcourse, vut than I vill mourn them as I bleed them. You are not one of us zo I do not expect vou to understand fully. Vut its the Sumadj, its like a drum beat in our blood that ties uz together. All of us are one in a fashion. Zome feel it much stronger than others, vut we all feel it. The reason we call each other couzin, or brother and zister is truly because we are, its not a turn of phrase, its how we feel. Perhaps that is why vou and him are disagreeing. You both have radically different views on the vorld. Perhaps iv you understand thiz small part of him, and I than vou can vork with us more successfully.

Kitaruen

Kitaruen,

I shall indeed attempt to understand you and your familia, but that alone will not solve everything: it takes two hands to shake, does it not? I would ask that you take the same initiative to understand my views: only then can we truly work together.

- Wycliff, the Seeker.

Dah, vour Gaje, iz ok. See vou zoon.

Kitaruen Kopanari

Back