directions and questions

Maxwell

Where do I find directions to the campsite at?
What are the sleeping arrangements like?
Food or tavern service?

any other usefull tips before my trip?

Matt

Sleeping arrangements are usually decided in a battle royal :twisted: ...sorry...I couldn't help it.

Anyways, directions...or at least the address or full name of the site can be found of their website :D
http://www.alliance-chicago.com/index_files/Page734.htm

Sleeping arrangements are typically done at the site, and tend to reflect in-game relationships :D there are 2 cabins that are used for sleeping, and it is quite easy to just pick one and get to know the people you are hanging out with! Some of the less adventurous adventurers sleep in a Ward, so you might need to ask them to let you in :)

The Tavern provides food and beverage, however its not a bad idea to bring along some snacks and additional drinks (water, pop, energy drinks, Gatorade) just for those times when you are hungry or parched and their isn't anyone in the tavern, or they are just aren't serving 4th meal :D

Hope that helps, and let me know if anything was incorrect :D I am a shifty guy after all!

-Brent

Kevar said:
Sleeping arrangements are usually decided in a battle royal :twisted: ...sorry...I couldn't help it.

Anyways, directions...or at least the address or full name of the site can be found of their website :D
http://www.alliance-chicago.com/index_files/Page734.htm

Sleeping arrangements are typically done at the site, and tend to reflect in-game relationships :D there are 2 cabins that are used for sleeping, and it is quite easy to just pick one and get to know the people you are hanging out with! Some of the less adventurous adventurers sleep in a Ward, so you might need to ask them to let you in :)

The Tavern provides food and beverage, however its not a bad idea to bring along some snacks and additional drinks (water, pop, energy drinks, Gatorade) just for those times when you are hungry or parched and their isn't anyone in the tavern, or they are just aren't serving 4th meal :D

Hope that helps, and let me know if anything was incorrect :D I am a shifty guy after all!

-Brent

Brent covered a lot of it...

Also, there will be some drinks available for sale for IG coin. Watch the boards to preorder your "booze". :)

Matt your an experienced player so I'll skip the "BRING EXTRA SOCK!!!!" advice I give everyone. :)

Directions:

Depending on what time you plan on arriving you might be better off driving to my apt and following one of us. I live about 2 miles away from the highway that leads to the site. Let me know you have my #.

Food:

The cabins all are equiped with a microwave and the tavern has a stove and refrigerator for PCs and one for NPCs. Jasmine aka Millie is the assistant tavern keeper and will make you some very basic foods for snacks, breakfast, lunch, etc. We will post a tavern menu closer to the event for everyone to see. The total cost of food if your completely going off the tavern is usually $10-$15 or so.

For this event, a player has mentioned bringin Pasties (meat pies Brent calm down) for everyone to eat at the tavern for dinner, barring that we usually serve garlic bread and lasagna.

I know you have some special dietaty requirement so you may want to bring some extra healthy food for yourself or to sell IG you may sometimes a treat will make the crunchies go away... no matter how much I feed those guys :)

Cabins:

We have 2 cabins that will fit up to about 30 folks and the tavern building has a room available on some events for "rent". The sleeping areas of the cabins are ellevated wood planks so I highly highly suggest a camp pad, cot, or ait mattresse for your back.

Hope that helps, call me with any other questions.

Thanks,

Paul

Is there space near the PC cabins where tents could be pitched? I know some camps do not allow this, but thought I'd ask. Also, is there refrigeration available or is it all cooler full of ice and BYO cooler and your own ice?

And don't get too excited, I'm still about 50/50 on whether I get to come out to this event, it's all on what happens on the job front between now and then.

Theres a few good spots for tent pitching between and next to the cabins. I'm allowed to pitch a few tents there.

It is a freezer and refrigerator combo so that means you have to come.

Thanks,

Paul

Okay, okay, you win. I'll come :D.

What time to people usually start getting on site? Haven't decided for sure if I'm coming up on friday or if I'm coming up on thursday and staying with my sister and then leaving from there to head to site, but either way was hoping for a good time to shoot for so as to get there relatively early since I'll be pitching a tent and have an entire trunk load of crap to set up (damn gypsies and their love of crap) so hopefully can get there on the early side to get that going before the usual "stand around and shoot the breeze" sessions kicks in :D.

About 7-8.

I plan on trying to have logistics started by 9.

Oh, and in answer to your food question, there will be full tavern service for the weekend. I'm figuring $10-$15 per player for the weekend, depending on how often you snack, and if you're a breakfast person. :)

Maxondaerth said:
Okay, okay, you win. I'll come :D.

What time to people usually start getting on site? Haven't decided for sure if I'm coming up on friday or if I'm coming up on thursday and staying with my sister and then leaving from there to head to site, but either way was hoping for a good time to shoot for so as to get there relatively early since I'll be pitching a tent and have an entire trunk load of crap to set up (damn gypsies and their love of crap) so hopefully can get there on the early side to get that going before the usual "stand around and shoot the breeze" sessions kicks in :D.

Jeff,

I was planning on headed to the site on the early side. Drop me a line privately, and we can figure out details, ok?

Rob

Back