Distrubution of Found Assets

Shin,

I to have heard that several times now. That it is the way of the world that certain adventurers who are the richest will always be rich and the poor will remain so. I say to all who think this that the world is what we make it. We have the power to change it. When i said this to someone, she said "so do something about it" and i am. For everyperson who says that it has always been that way and always will, I say you are weak to not change it somehow. I care not about the past. Things have been done unfairly. But for today, tomorrow we have the power to change how things are done.

I simply ask who will take advantage of that oppurtunity with me.

cerria said:
Wraith,

I to have heard that several times now. That it is the way of the world that certain adventurers who are the richest will always be rich and the poor will remain so. I say to all who think this that the world is what we make it. We have the power to change it. When i said this to someone, she said "so do something about it" and i am. For everyperson who says that it has always been that way and always will, I say you are weak to not change it somehow. I care not about the past. Things have been done unfairly. But for today, tomorrow we have the power to change how things are done.

I simply ask who will take advantage of that oppurtunity with me.

Call me cynical (you will likely be correct), but it requires one with power to challenge those with power. And it is in the best interest of those with power to maintain the system rather than to fight against it, as they benefit from it. Even those with the best intentions who try to bring challenge will simply die, unable to pose a threat. I would suggest you see the Emerald Archer for examples, but sadly I do believe she is permanently dead these days, killed for threatening the profits of Hitch 42.

-Shin

You are very truthful in what you say. But i will not be afraid and I will not back down from what is truly right.

I will challenge them even if I stand alone in this.

Um... I know I haven't really been adventuring in Wayside very long, but I kinda wanted to add a bit to the discussion here...

And, well, it sorta looked like when we were fighting the undead last market day that there were some people who were more interested in grabbing what they could off the fallen baddies than focusing on fighting them, and, um, that kinda looked like it coulda weakened out front lines if people were too busy grabbing for coin, and if we have a bunch of people doing that then the people fighting will have to focus on looting rather than holding the undead, and then we'd have everyone even more focused on taking coin and, well, that could lead to a bunch of people being hurt, and I don't want to see that 'cause all the undead baddies are tough enough as it is, and we really should be fighting as a team against them.

So, um, I really think we should agree on a fair way to split things before we set out on stuff like that so we can focus on fighting the baddies rather than each other. Personally, I wasn't able to purchase supplies for the battle with Targa-um-whats-his-face 'cause I wasn't paid, and if the orcs didn't have extra bolts or my new friends didn't lend me some potions I would've spent most of the battle near the back with the casters since I wouldn't have been able to help...

Um, I guess then I'm saying that if I can't trust someone to pay me for what I've used to help us in battle, then I really don't want to trust them to watch my back when we're fighting then...

-Tarqaq

Stripe said:
Um... I know I haven't really been adventuring in Wayside very long, but I kinda wanted to add a bit to the discussion here...

And, well, it sorta looked like when we were fighting the undead last market day that there were some people who were more interested in grabbing what they could off the fallen baddies than focusing on fighting them, and, um, that kinda looked like it coulda weakened out front lines if people were too busy grabbing for coin, and if we have a bunch of people doing that then the people fighting will have to focus on looting rather than holding the undead, and then we'd have everyone even more focused on taking coin and, well, that could lead to a bunch of people being hurt, and I don't want to see that 'cause all the undead baddies are tough enough as it is, and we really should be fighting as a team against them.

So, um, I really think we should agree on a fair way to split things before we set out on stuff like that so we can focus on fighting the baddies rather than each other. Personally, I wasn't able to purchase supplies for the battle with Targa-um-whats-his-face 'cause I wasn't paid, and if the orcs didn't have extra bolts or my new friends didn't lend me some potions I would've spent most of the battle near the back with the casters since I wouldn't have been able to help...

Um, I guess then I'm saying that if I can't trust someone to pay me for what I've used to help us in battle, then I really don't want to trust them to watch my back when we're fighting then...

-Tarqaq

Tarqaq,

Never trust adventurers with money. They will inevitably simply see any windfall as theirs by right, and profess confusion and dismay that you expect even token compensation for resources you expend on their behalf. Mostly other 'kin are somewhat trustworthy, but this owes more to putting less value on things than any altruism. I have watched entire bands of them leave those weakest in town fighting off powerful adversaries in order to literally scrabble in the dirt over a few formal components and a pittance of coin, and am entirely unsurprised.

As a warrior, and a companion to other warriors, I have long since resigned myself to fighting unpaid as I will not stop to search my kills while others die for lack of aid, yet those same kills will be picked over by the vultures that follow the battle line long before the area is made safe enough to take minds off of immediate defense. It is sad, but short of stepping aside and letting others die for their greed, there is nothing to be done.

-Shin

I have heard and seen many voices over what should be understood by all. It hurts my heart to see fellow adventurers come to blows because of physical materials. If this is the way things will become I want no part of it. I rather earn it through games of chance with friends or offer my services to people when they ask it of me. I will not loot fallen enemies when the safety of those around me are still in jeopardy.

I watched and seen the advice given, still young ones still squabble and pick fights with one another when the other is trying to make amends. Many know me and my beliefs, many use to believe and some still do believe that what I do is naive and foolish. I seen many different creatures and monsters, experienced many different disasters that can rend ones mind. A few of Wayside know and experienced the same, yet we fight on. If I see a young adventurer I seek them out and make sure they are prepared a little more to be ready for what this land has in store for them.

I have seen my friends die and some whom I didn't, I have let different voices touch my mind and all are heard. Evil is our enemy, Fear is the weapon, Distrust is the song, Envy is the beast, and last Greed is the end. We need to be there for each other to stop them, if I am wrong then seek me out tell me and I will ask a favor from you. It will pay you well and I will never speak of false hopes EVER again.

Sincerely

Wraith said:
Tarqaq,

Never trust adventurers with money. They will inevitably simply see any windfall as theirs by right, and profess confusion and dismay that you expect even token compensation for resources you expend on their behalf. Mostly other 'kin are somewhat trustworthy, but this owes more to putting less value on things than any altruism. I have watched entire bands of them leave those weakest in town fighting off powerful adversaries in order to literally scrabble in the dirt over a few formal components and a pittance of coin, and am entirely unsurprised.

As a warrior, and a companion to other warriors, I have long since resigned myself to fighting unpaid as I will not stop to search my kills while others die for lack of aid, yet those same kills will be picked over by the vultures that follow the battle line long before the area is made safe enough to take minds off of immediate defense. It is sad, but short of stepping aside and letting others die for their greed, there is nothing to be done.

-Shin

Shin,

Perhaps where you come from the adventurers are unfair, but here in Wayside we have a little thing called comradery which most of us enjoy. Those of us who have chosen the lifestyle of adventuring have desires and wants and needs just like everyone else in the world. Blanket statments such as these are merely your perception and shouldn't be used to dash the hopes of newer adventurers.

I for one find your statement to be a bit of an insult because unlike the adventurers that you may be used too I never ask for anything in return for what I do to protect those that can not protect themselves.

The dispute is over the fairness of the treasure split. Those who participated in the fight should be rewarded. Not everyone was.

There are plenty of us who would have been fair in the division. If these things had been placed in the capable hands of one who would have done the fair split then there would not have been a dispute. Why hand money to some and not to others? That is the question...

Sae,

Games of chance only create more dispute when the person who plays the best hand chooses something that the one with the worst could use, I would never advise doing it this way because then the town would be further divided with rough feelings for those who got something by drawing the right card.

Supporting Regent FallingStar's Proposal,
Eldandiril Zanabanath
Squire of Balance, Lightning Aligned, Bearer of the StormBringer

Eldandiril said:
Shin,

Perhaps where you come from the adventurers are unfair, but here in Wayside we have a little thing called comradery which most of us enjoy. Those of us who have chosen the lifestyle of adventuring have desires and wants and needs just like everyone else in the world. Blanket statments such as these are merely your perception and shouldn't be used to dash the hopes of newer adventurers.

I for one find your statement to be a bit of an insult because unlike the adventurers that you may be used too I never ask for anything in return for what I do to protect those that can not protect themselves.

The dispute is over the fairness of the treasure split. Those who participated in the fight should be rewarded. Not everyone was.

There are plenty of us who would have been fair in the division. If these things had been placed in the capable hands of one who would have done the fair split then there would not have been a dispute. Why hand money to some and not to others? That is the question...

Supporting Regent FallingStar's Proposal,
Eldandiril Zanabanath

I certainly intend to insult to you, Squire. I don't know you well enough to have reason to insult you. However, from my time in Caladore, to my journey in Hope's Reach and my rare visit to Wayside things have stayed constant. But it is easy to be flippant about treasure when one is toting around an artifact, is it not, Squire? I know it certainly was for me.

-Shin

El,
I was saying I would rather enjoy a good game of cards then to worry about spoils in such a manor. I wasn't suggesting it as an alternative for treasure. It's fun and the adventurers I play with are close friends I trust with my life and have no doubts about anything they do to me or others around me.
Sincerely,

Wraith said:
I certainly intend to insult to you, Squire. I don't know you well enough to have reason to insult you.
-Shin

I maybe interpreting this dreaming wrong Shin, I am assuming you "didn't" intend to insult El. I could be wrong and would like to be clarified since El is a dear and close friend of mine.

Sincerely,

Sae Azaka said:
Wraith said:
I certainly intend to insult to you, Squire. I don't know you well enough to have reason to insult you.
-Shin

I maybe interpreting this dreaming wrong Shin, I am assuming you "didn't" intend to insult El. I could be wrong and would like to be clarified since El is a dear and close friend of mine.

Sincerely,

Yes, my intent was not to insult the Squire. Pardon, it is late in the night, and my language is not the clearest.

-Shin

Shin,

To tell you the truth, I have never really cared to fight for the money that may result from defeating a foe. Carrying around multiple things of power and magnitude can be more of a hinderance and burden sometimes when one is faced with greedy people who would do no more than insult you for having what you have earned in other lands from traveling and gifts from friends and family. Caladore, I know, was once full of such items and most of them could travel through the mists. Though I may not need the coin or items, I value the hard work of others who I believe should always get a fair cut.

Sae,

I was merely keeping a correlation of the two from coming out, gambling and games of chance for magic items and potions. I do love a good game of poker and the like... My favorites are Wizard from Andar and Right Left Center from Valdanis. Perhaps if there is only pre earned gold and coin involved we could play sometime.

Eldandiril Zanabanath

Shin
You intrigue me. Your words are not false. And though the do-gooders would like to paint the picture that everything smells like roses, they are just overlooking the fact that they have become accustomed to the smell of manure on the roses. I look forward to meeting you one day.

Quilly and for those like her,
Keep that song in your heart and keep fighting against the injustices of the land. Never let the darkness swallow you.

Back