Do Elf Scholars Die at 145 Build?

If I read the new rules correctly, the elf penalty of -1 body kicks in at every 10 build and at start of game. Since scholars only get a new body point every 15 build, unless I missed something, they seem to drop down to 0 body by the time they have earned 130 build. Did the rules for gaining body change? Did I miss something else?

-MS

That would be a pretty big oversight, but luckily I'm pretty sure it kicks in every ten *body*, rather than every ten build. So Elves get ten percent less body overall.

I made a similar miss read myself. Expect I thought my Barbarian was going to have 100 body one day :D

A Level 28 Barbarian Fighter with 10 purchases of Hearty can get there. I would call that potentially achievable. :eek:

When they die, healers cry.

When they die, healers cry.

And that's when the healer uses a small healing spell on them to get them up. Then make them find their own way of healing themselves to full. Or charge them an arm and a leg for that much healing. Haha.

Healers just went from having 268 points of healing in a 4 column to 900 points of healing in a 4 column (720 if you take 9th level spells as life spells). I think they are crying a lot less these days when Barbarian fighters need a full heal.

-MS

This may be thread-necromancy, however this is the most relevant existing thread I can find on the topic.

Is there a particular reason for the increasing body reductions for all Elf-types? Outside of giving a double-benefit to the races who get an increase (the second benefit being not getting a decrease), this has a high potential to chase players away from playing (arguably) one of the most traditional set of races that belong in a high-fantasy setting.

Is the intention to "water down" high level play by a requirement of Hearty to survive certain encounters, or to purchase death/damage avoidance abilities that attempt to illustrate the "elven litheness" that's pictured in nearly every representation of their existence in other fantasy settings?

Either route seems punitive rather than enriching, as it creates a build-requirement for a 'base system' created problem.

Back