Donations 2010

We are in need of the following items for Monster Camp:

- Ultralight long weapons

- Spell Packets

- Makeup application devices (brushes and sponges)

- 2 Handed Claws, ultralight or schedule 30 pvc core

- 1 or 2 non-white bladed 2 handed weapons (sword or polearm)

- Baby Wipes!

I will give generous goblin stamp rewards for items that are durable and of good quality. I would much rather get 1 well built weapon or 30 good spell packets than double or triple the amount in hastily made items.

If you intend to bring a donation, please post here so we know what to expect and can update accordingly

Might I also suggest a few brushes for make up application, as well? I know that when I do NPC make up, I prefer to look at good as possible, and brushes can go a long way in that regard.

On that note, I will bring pens (and brushes if you concur they're needed).

Tom,
I'd really love to make you some nice ultra light weapons for your monster camp. I'll try to make a range of sizes, and because it might be hard for me to actually physically make it to an event would you be able to factor in my cost to ship the items to you when awarding the goblin stamps? If you what address should they be sent too?

I had a great time ya'lls closer last fall and hopefully I can make it back out, but until then I hope I can help the game keep running! :)

Dreamingfurther said:
Tom,
I'd really love to make you some nice ultra light weapons for your monster camp. I'll try to make a range of sizes, and because it might be hard for me to actually physically make it to an event would you be able to factor in my cost to ship the items to you when awarding the goblin stamps? If you what address should they be sent too?

I had a great time ya'lls closer last fall and hopefully I can make it back out, but until then I hope I can help the game keep running! :)

I will definitely factor in shipping cost for donations.

As a soon to be plot member I would LOVE new, well made, weapons. Currently we have too few, and of those that we do have a good number of them are "recognizable" reps. I think we could also use some NPC camp pants, and shirts of various colours. Thanks..

Tank

Do you accept straight cash donations?
And if so what sort of ratio?
Also for blanketing events do you require a membership of some kind, and if so how much does it cost?

I have a new batch of horns looking to go to a nice home, and i was wondering if your chapter would be intrested in some as a donation, there good for MWE's and work just as well for wilder kin (goat kin)

And, if so how many sets would you like?

Picture345.jpg

The image dose not do them Justus there a redwood brown and sand color stained.
Each ones made by hand and no 2 sets are alike

Wow those are super cool looking!

Tom Andary said:
We are in need of the following items for Monster Camp:
- Ultralight long weapons
- Spell Packets
- Makeup application devices (brushes and sponges)
- 2 Handed Claws, ultralight or schedule 30 pvc core
- 1 or 2 non-white bladed 2 handed weapons (sword or polearm)
- Baby Wipes!

This list was originally posted almost two years ago. Has it been edited to stay current? If not, is there anything in particular you are looking for right now? Are there certain items that are consistently needed?

Tom Andary said:
I will give generous goblin stamp rewards for items that are durable and of good quality. I would much rather get 1 well built weapon or 30 good spell packets than double or triple the amount in hastily made items.

What are some qualities that define "good" spell packets and "well built" weapons? I've looked at the rule book and consulted a few veteran players, so I know what the basic criteria are for passable items but I also know that judgment can be subjective. Can you give any advice as to what you look for in "high quality" items?

I have been editing the donations post to remain current.

Good packets will have a globe that is about 1.25" diameter, and a tail that is about 2.5" long. Also, they will be made out of material that is not too thick.

Well-made weapons...that's a bit tougher to describe. Generally you want to make sure the blade and pommel are very secure, and that the tape job doesn't look like it will fall apart after 1 event of use. Maybe someone else can do a better job explaining. It's much easier to show.

"well-made" weapons are easier to show then explain. All weapons should have "pucks" on each end. 1/2" of taped Closed cell foam to cover the end of the core. Generally, max length handles are good, makes them lighter. Make sure you get an appropriate core, for the weapon you are making.

.505 kitespar is a great ultralight core that works well at almost any length, but don't make donation weapons out of them. NPC weapons get beat to sh!t so the expensive core is kinda wasted. Unless you make some polearms out of it, then we're elated.

Short non-blunt weapons: 1/2" CPVC works well as long as you trim down the foam to reduce rattle.
Short Blunt or 1H long weapons: 3/4" Schedule 30 PVC is great. Homedepot carries the schedule 40 stuff, and it turns all the weapon into clubs or 'down blockers' not really ideal. Just ask around for "thin wall" 3/4" PVC
2-H weapons: 3/4" schedule 30 again. Unless you spring for kitespar.

Keep 'coverage tape' to a minimum. You'll need to reinforce the spot where the handle becomes the blade, and around the tips. But other then that, try to just put down one layer of tape lengthwise along the foam.

Looks are not required but encouraged. Long weapons need crossguards, try not to make all the weapons all black.

-Joe

What kind of ratio is there for packets - Gobbies? I'm looking to have a packet-party over the next 2 months, and make ALOT of packets to donate, and maybe some weapons if supplies and time allow..

Back