Don't Go Into The Woods.....

......unless you want to find some adventure!

This season the woods of Fairdale will feature a number of plotlines, encounters, modules and, yes, even treasure! If you find yourself sitting around the tavern wondering where you might find some adventure, I would encourage you "patrol the loop" and see what you can find (or what finds you......).

This is not just about adding more "random damage." There will be plotlines and encounters specific to the wilderness and those who take the time to explore the woods and unravel the mysterious within will be rewarded.

There will be a mixture of low-level encounters as well as some that will be very dangerous, so just like in real life, you may need to make some important decisions....... like, for example, do I fight or run for my life?

See you in a few weeks!

--- Eric Stehle

Awesome.

Eric Stehle is a great guy. this post is random proof of that. ever role play with his PCs or NPCs? if so, you already know how cool he is.

also... see y'all in the woods.

and by that i mean the guild hall... :(

If the waters recede anyway. The winter weather and spring rains have etched a tremendous change down by the river. Nothing bad or devastating (phew), but different. It's actually prett cool.

The coolest part was seeing Baron Ivan's cabin down next to the log of truth at the river. I didn't know he paid to have a house boat built. Just kidding Eric...you hope.

Scott

Is the bridge still there? Hopefully the water filled in the hole o' death to the right of the mod path just after the bridge.

I love the hole of death. Aka the "I hope they dont find me here" hole.

Toddo said:
Is the bridge still there? Hopefully the water filled in the hole o' death to the right of the mod path just after the bridge.

The bridge was washed way downsteam. The creek was wider, so Jay started building a dam to try to make the stream smaller (I helped a little!) . Hopefully we'll have a bridge by the event.

No one has to worry about falling off of the Log of Truth and getting wet any more though.

Some pictures were posted on the Faire Play Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Faire-Pla ... 677?ref=ts

I would like to steer this topic back to a discussion of how awesome Eric Stehle is.
Pretty awesome, let me tell you.
Thank you.

First of all, you will change your minds about how supposedly awesome I am when your leisurely summer stroll down by the stream turns into you screaming for help as you run for your life.

Second, I've always wanted a cabin by the stream. But not necessarily *in* the stream. I guess the people who will suffer the most from my cabin being washed down the hill are the poor souls who always insist that they accompany Baron Ivan when he goes back to his cabin at 2:00 am to go to bed.

--- Eric Stehle

I HATE U ERIC!!!!! Iam not taking u to bed now!!!!!!U can take yourself to your little hole now@!!!!!!

Don't hate the playa....

Hate the game.

There will be several plotlines focused around the woods, so again, I encourage you to explore the wilderness. Just remember to use your judgement as the woods will have both low level and high level encounters..... no complaining if you weren't smart enough to run away and you end up resurrecting.

--- Eric Stehle aka "the Woodsmaster"

I like the fact that there will be more random encounters.

I liked back when Ashbury was at Lindenmere where there was the Exodus Trading Post where adventurers went to do random jobs.

And now that I'm saying goodbye to my chainmail armor, I'll be able to walk down and back without being winded. ;)

kitsune85 said:

I liked back when Ashbury was at Lindenmere where there was the Exodus Trading Post where adventurers went to do random jobs.

And now that I'm saying goodbye to my chainmail armor, I'll be able to walk down and back without being winded. ;)

Regular exercise allows for that too.

Just saying....

Scott

You know athletes talk about general conditioning and sport specific exercise? A couple years ago I decided to get serious about getting in shape. I started exercising. I didn't really have a sport to train for so I just exercised with workout goals like doing x number of pullups or whatever.

When I got my new plate armor this summer it was much heavier than any I had worn before so I threw it on and started jogging around my backyard. Then I did 10 sprints in the armor. When it came time to move in it during an event that helped. In the grand scheme of things 2 workouts won't make you conditioned but you can get comfortable with your equipment (just like boxers should workout with their mouthpieces in).

Anyway, since Eric promises we'll be running scared, may not be a bad idea to start training specifically for uphill sprints in armor...

Duke Frost said:
kitsune85 said:

Regular exercise allows for that too.

Just saying....

Scott

James Trotta said:
Anyway, since Eric promises we'll be running scared, may not be a bad idea to start training specifically for uphill sprints in armor...

I'm not promising that you'll be running scared. I'm just saying there will definitely be some dangerous stuff in the woods.

Fair warning.

--- Eric Stehle

Alright, maybe it wasn't a promise but it's still strong enough to encourage some hill sprints:
IvanDrake said:
First of all, you will change your minds about how supposedly awesome I am when your leisurely summer stroll down by the stream turns into you screaming for help as you run for your life.
IvanDrake said:
James Trotta said:
I'm not promising that you'll be running scared. I'm just saying there will definitely be some dangerous stuff in the woods.

Fair warning.

--- Eric Stehle

Now this is a ranger's delight! I was just down this weekend to do work, and holy crap does the forest look different. You can still recognize where old landmarks and things used to be, but it's new and exciting. I can't wait to see what will happen if the creek rises. Thanks Eric, for strengthening the game in one of our coolest settings! :D

Back