[.11] Doom Blow, is it good?

Tantarus

Knight
So, I am building a rogue for the next playtest. And 5 build for doom blow that it isn't even a strike to itself just seems underwhelming. 5 Build for a augmenting skill rather then having a true capstone skill that stands on it's own just seems meh.

I admit I havent messed with rogue much in 2.0. Am I missing something?

It's really meant to augment assassinate. I think 5 is too high also, but I think assassinate is underpriced slightly so it makes up for it.

My thoughts:

It’s wonky.

I understand that the idea of making a carrier ability instead of just “Weapon Doom,” gives it a more unique feeling, and I suspect that might be why it functions like this. It’s a Rogue capstone that doesn’t feel like Eviscerate.

That being said....I wish it was just Weapon Doom. As is, it’s far too reliant on getting through Armor. You could use a Vorpal Serious with some backstabs to do something like 20-30 Doom from behind, I guess, but even that’s no guarantee.

In its current state, it’s pretty much only good coupled with a high damage skill, which will basically be Assassinates or Eviscerates (I guess Slays is possible for some Scout builds, if scouts choose to invest in Slays, but I suspect that most won’t).

I could also see it used as a stand-alone skill for groups who like to use Shatter on enemy armor, or on NPCs who still rely on huge body counts.

That being said....5 is probably too high in its current form. I’d pay 5 for “Weapon Doom.” I don’t think I’d buy this skill more than once as a Rogue.

Yeah, that is kinda my feeling, I might try more on the playtest, but 2 dooms is the same cost as 5 waylays....

Sure, but Waylay doesn’t work on most things we fight, so...

Paralysis should end up working on almost everything.

Currently it only works on creatures with metabolisms regardless of susceptibility to curses, is that changing?

Not votes have passed yet to change it. I don't really like to talk about what's up for vote since sometimes votes go in weird directions and people get their hopes up about things. But since you inferred it, that is something that is up for a vote.

Back