Dragon Stamp costs inquiry

Draven

Count
So, I just saw the entry regarding "1 extra Dragon Stamp per 5 production points of the item."

My own opinion of a Dragon Stamp "tax" aside, where is this cost calculated? Is this prior to multiplication for 5 year rituals? Is this per ritual? Is this calculated at the end of the total item?

The cost talks about the production cost of the item itself.

Or, to put it another way, let's say you wanted to build a DS item for which the rituals cost 100 DS.

If you put that on an otherwise-untagged necklace, it costs 100 DS.

If you put that on a Throwing Dagger (a tagged 5PP item), it costs 100 DS + 1 DS (for being on a PP item).

Basically, the idea is that enhancing a tagged item is worth more than putting rits on an untagged item.

Okay. Thank you for clarifying.

The spreadsheet appears to be wrong, according to @Polare's description.

He indicated that the Production Cost was added separately to the rituals, and thus would not be modified by extension. The spreadsheet multiplies the production cost by 2.5 when extending.

I’m pretty sure thats incorrect. We compared against a few items made here in denver. I can’t look now but I will later and confirm.

Looking back on it, I think Polare was talking about just 1 year items.

Last edited:
I asked about this recently to the DS email. The reply: Yes, the production point cost gets multiplied as well when making a 5 year item.

Ya Mark, I'm pretty sure that's what happened when Ember got her bow made.

I’m pretty sure thats incorrect. We compared against a few items made here in denver. I can’t look now but I will later and confirm.

Looking back on it, I think Polare was talking about just 1 year items.

Dangit, @Polare

As the Dragon Stamp db user, @Cedric and @markofchaos are correct. The pp value is multiplied by 2.5 (rounded down) for 5 year items. I for one don't agree with it as I can use one of my 100 weapon tags for a dragon stamp item but alas that is the policy.

As the Dragon Stamp db user, @Cedric and @markofchaos are correct. The pp value is multiplied by 2.5 (rounded down) for 5 year items. I for one don't agree with it as I can use one of my 100 weapon tags for a dragon stamp item but alas that is the policy.

Hold up. If I provide a tag, I don't need to pay the DS cost? The way the DS thread is laid out, it seemed to imply that you couldn't "opt-out" of it. I am more than happy to provide my own longsword tag if it'll save me 15 DS.

Back