Dragon Stamps limitations

Traceroo

Rogue
Can you request a delimitation on your Dragon Stamps items -- for ex: Usable Only by __________?

If so, how does this affect the price of the item in Dragon Stamps?

Thanks,
Trace

It is not specified one way or another in the current policy and nor have I tried. My guess is if they allowed it, it would not affect the price one way or another. Maybe e-mail them?

I'm sorry to be unclear; I may be speaking in NERO terms, and this effect may be called something different in Alliance. I am speaking of the restriction on magic items that they can only be used by a pre-defined class of user, such as Usable Only By Rogues, or Usable Only By Elves. I have seen items like this in Alliance, so I know that quality can exist. Can we deliberately build that into Dragon Stamps items?

Thanks,
Trace

Ahh ok. Yes, the terminology you are looking for in Alliance is called "flaws." Reason being, if you look at any of your ritual scrolls, there are flaws on them. Sometimes, casters flaw the item but it still succeeds with these flaws. They are not built into the DS policy, thus having NO effect whatsoever on costs.

For the record, such can be put on an item either through a Flaw in the ritual itself or through the "Choose Flaw" Ritual Manipulation High Magic (ARB 1.2 pg 137). It's still a "Flaw" from a terminology standpoint, even though some of them might be considered beneficial for what you are aiming for (hence the "Choose" part).

Back