Dreaming of Camulous

TardiS

OOG: This is a dreamlike vision that is pervasive. Any who read the following may perceive the dream.

Nevin Kendrick had never been to the isles. It had never really suited him. To be this deep in the heart of it, he'd seen no other human in days and it was a bit unsettling. He walked down the street looking at a single phrase on a scroll held in his hands "The Wayward Breeze."

Nevin sat at the bar and ordered wine. He would have preferred an ale but wanted to keep up the air of his station for the conversation that was to come. The barkeep delivered the drink and Nevin caught his eyes.

"Giordia told me about you." Nevin said, locking eyes with the barkeep.

"That woman always had a propensity to talk to much. Probably the best sailor I've ever worked with though..." The barkeep cleared some nearby mugs and began to clean them with a dirty rag, without straying too far from Nevin.

"She said you were a general so great you redefined military tactics among the Children of Camulous."

"Camulans, we are Camulan. It's been a long damn time since we were children young man." The barkeep's brow furrowed, Nevin hurried to correct his faux pas.

"My apologies, I only meant to suggest that you were supposedly a tactician without peer and that I could really use someone like you in Ashbury." He stared intently, having made it this far into the isles to talk to this man he assumed that his identity would already be known.

"Nevin Kendrick, I am Grondrik Windwalker. I'm afraid however, that you have come a long way for nothing. War is no longer my trade."

Nevin stood up, he knew this would be difficult and had worked with this man's students to come up with the right pitch to convince him. "It's an impossible war. Giordia said you didn't believe in no-win scenarios, I suppose she was wrong." He finished his wine, stood up and made his way towards the door.

"Wait. Come on back and brief me on the situation..."

Nevin sat at the bar late into the evening briefing Gondrik on the war, the ogres, elementals, the Ashban military and the fate that had befallen Ashbury.

Gondrik stopped Nevin after some time. "Young Duke, you have yourself a general. But let's get one thing strait, I need to reorganize your military in my image. Your current structure is… Lacking."

Ashbans,

It appears something has cued in everyone to my presence. I apologize for not making myself known earlier. I had meant to do so in person where my thoughts could not be overheard by unfriendly parties.

As many of you who have not yet met me may have inferred, I have taken over as Lord-General of the Ashbury forces. In the coming days we will be restructuring the military to be a more efficient entity with the purpose of prolonging the existence of this Duchy and defeating those who would wish to harm it.

I have been making my way to Forestheart and will have the pleasure of meeting the lot of you adventurers in person when I arrive. On another note, while your tactics and enthusiasm are nothing short of enviable, these sorts of communications are not safe. Squire, I expect you to alter your course to Corrheim lest you be intercepted and that all tactics already discussed publicly should be scrapped.

Safe travels to you all, we have much work to do.

In Service,

Lord General Gondrik Windwalker

Good People of Ashbury,

Your Duke has chosen well in his choice of Lord General. Prior to his retirement he was one of the greatest tacticians the Camulans have ever had, studying the art of warfare like a master sculptor studies a block of stone to see the artwork within. In my time as a Knight and Duchess I had the opportunity to study under Icenia's greatest generals, and General Windwalker outstrips them all in mixed-unit tactics. He will serve you well, and I speak with the Council of Children's blessing when I say that he will be missed but has found a worthy people to serve.

May winds of Honor sail you to to Victory's shore,

Jacelyn DeAnnan
Admiral of the Camulan Fleet
Shark Tribe

Hrmph,

And here I was hoping it was just a nightmare that Ashbury's new General was Camulan, and he was recommended by a woman who has been doing her best to wipe out my people. I foresee only good things.

Dorgun the disgruntled Osprey

*black clouds of hate and rage pollute your mind*

SHE WAS RIGHT TO, YOU FILTHY BARBARIAN! I'LL CONTINUE THE WORK AND MAKE SURE YOU VISIT THE REGISTRAR! LIKE YOU DID TO MY FAMILY, I'LL DO THE SAME TO YOU AND YOURS!

FORESEE AN EARLY GRAVE!

-Suruasxer

It is clear that you have anger, I do not think you are pointing it towards the correct enemy. I have been reading the histories of Ashbury and I see that the Singers were right that history is a wheel.

Tell me, since the Vakkar do not have horns, what part of my body do you intend to wear around your neck?

Dorgun

Back