Drive a little further to play at a castle?

Would you drive the extra distance to play with a castle?

• What kinda stupid question is that? Do whatever it takes but get me in that castle!

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • Yeah I'd drive the extra distance, but I might not come if it costs more

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Meh it's a castle, not really worth the extra time

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I'm from out of state, I'd do my darnedest to get to any event held there though!

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
I unfortunatly dont make every event and am that Jerk. :)

Is there a kitchen in the castle? Hmmmmm.... How good is a castle without a kitchen... ;)

Dr_Chill said:
Is there a kitchen in the castle? Hmmmmm.... How good is a castle without a kitchen... ;)

Just means we cater the event. :)

Dr_Chill said:

To answer my own question, I found this site: http://www.melrosetroop68.org/2009/10/miller-castle.html
"A large modern kitchen is found off the great meeting hall."

I'm sold!

Another item of note:
"Inside, the medieval theme continues with banners hanging from the walls, chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, and suits of armor placed around the great meeting hall. The meeting hall also contains a small stage that is accessible for interior and exterior programs."

For those aspiring bards out there, here is your venue, that or it could be a place we could put a throne for the lord of the castle, etc.

If this site works out, it may be a potential national event location? :D

-Ryan

It definitely could be a great site for a national game, in additional to the castle the camp has quite a few additional cabins and space, I'll be heading up in early november to take a personal look around, but the castle has given the correct answer to every question I've put to it so far, which makes me happy.

Would people come that far from the east coast for nationals?

people came that far from the west coast.

Not that many if I understand correctly.

Shrug, we are in the middle that way they can be like "Hey we aren't biased towards any coast, or something, lol.

The problem is that sometimes the coasts can be discriminatory against the midwest too...

Fynwei said:
The problem is that sometimes the coasts can be discriminatory against the midwest too...

Having played with and against them? It's a whole different game. The examples of the way combat runs out there that I've seen are crazy.

Let's get back on track folks, there is no reason to paint any large group of alliance players with such a brush, every chapter has it's own shining examples, and those that could improve.

Lurin said:
Let's get back on track folks, there is no reason to paint any large group of alliance players with such a brush, every chapter has it's own shining examples, and those that could improve.

You are perfectly right, you have my sincere apologies. So how about that castle, any knew news on chances of using it?

I'd love to play a game in an actual castle. It would make for some really interesting plotlines as well as just a cool place to roleplay. Haha, I'm also guessing the tavern would be replaced with a full-fledged 'Royal Kitchen' too. Also, according to Nathan's post, it seems like they'd be more than happy to rent out the castle to us for a weekend or two a year. I'd assume our turn-out for the castle might even be bigger than the turn-out for the Camp Tanadoona.

If we do get to play there, I can't wait to storm the castle!!!! The Princess Bride style... with a giant, a sword fighter, and a paralyzed guy!!!

Back