dryad armor

so i want to make some awesome bark like armor and would like some ideas of how to do it but i have one my idea is to take polystyrean and coat it in plaster gaus and paint it to look like armor but i would like to know if anyone else has any idea

Hard plastic molded armor painted with latex. I know Bryan has done similar stuff to make weapons and such with, so he could tell you what materials you'd need and how to change the color of the latex and get the surface texture you want.

Actually, I just picked up something from Marcus (the player of Nigel).

It's heavily shallacked wooden plates, around 2"x3",with holes drilled in the corners. I was going to see about doing the silk cord tied together armor set, as an experiment for "dryad friendly" armor.

They're fairly tough and light, and would probably work fine. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Davio

jpariury said:
Be a man and cut down a tree, then shape the wood into the armor you want. Leave the bark on the outside for added decoration.

I'd say this would work if I didn't suspect he's still growing an inch a month, need something adjustable.

I would find a sample of bark that you like and is large enough to cover the area you'd like, then I'd make a silicon mould out of it. With a single sided mould, you can then pour polyeurathane resin "casts" of the bark, attach it to some undergarment, paint it and prime it.

www.tapplastics.com has some great tutorials on how to make and use silicon moulds. Great stuff.

Joe

Back