Dryad weapons

jzick1984

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for what to do for weapons besides a typical round boffer, or if anyone makes latex weapons as I would like a dagger, but every online wants to charge for shipping what they charge for the weapon for a non metal type of dagger boffer. no ideas at this point so any one that has some please point them out for me.

There may be some players who can make "hybrids" basically boffers with latex tendencies. Ive never made a dagger myself but Id suggest deciding after you npc. itll help you get the feel of the quickness of combat and such.

jzick1984 said:
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for what to do for weapons besides a typical round boffer, or if anyone makes latex weapons as I would like a dagger, but every online wants to charge for shipping what they charge for the weapon for a non metal type of dagger boffer. no ideas at this point so any one that has some please point them out for me.

Like Kyle said - I'd play first before I invest in latex. I started with a dagger 10 years ago and rewrote it out my next event. If you like it, great! But I'd suggest going the cheap route (or borrowing) for your first PC event. Latex is a bit on the high-end for a first event :)

Just a bit of friendly advice that might save you some money/trouble early on ;)

Just fyi for everyone I have been playing different larps for just over four years now.

I think they're suggesting because it's hard to effectively fight with a dagger without charging and/or machine gunning, and without getting taken down before getting that close to someone.

If you want it for the purposes of cutting people out of ropes or for killing blowing things, go for it.

If it's for a fighting dryad, save your cash, they can't buy the skill "One Handed Edged." (They can buy "Small Weapon," however.)

Back