Dual Wielding Change

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
I was just reading the Feb Monthly report and saw this:

The Rules committee has compiled and started reviewing the feedback from the 2.1 alpha packet. Time was spent reworking the ritual and crafting systems, and reviewing an owner submission on dual long weapons.

In the new packet it says:

"This skill allows the character to hold and use two weapons in combat, one in each hand. Neither weapon can be a Two Handed Melee Weapon. A character cannot wield two one handed Long Weapons, or a Long Weapon and a Spear. As noted in the “Combat” section, each weapon must be swung separately with the correct damage call. If a character has the Two Weapon skill and is using a Bow, then they may block with the bow in one hand while wielding a Long or Short Weapon in the other."

Just a few questions...
1. Is the change in the packet reflecting the note in the Feb monthly report or are more changes proposed for dual wielding long weapons?
2. Is the change in the packet intended to now allow 1h long weapon/long bow and spear/spear?

1. Is the change in the packet reflecting the note in the Feb monthly report or are more changes proposed for dual wielding long weapons?

The mention in the monthly report is in reference to what is in the Beta Packet.

2. Is the change in the packet intended to now allow 1h long weapon/long bow and spear/spear?

The gist of the change is that in addition to the 2.0 available options characters with Two Weapon can now use Long Bow/Long Sword & Staff/Long Sword.

Spear with anything bigger than a Short Weapon is not permitted.

Thank you!!

Im glad we wont see dual wielding spears.

Im glad we wont see dual wielding spears.

Yeah. You and me both.

I'm interested to see what people's thoughts are on using Staff/Long Weapon in live play. I think the OoTA crowd might get some use out of it, but the prereq costs are steep.

Long Bow/Long weapon will definitely see a good amount of play, but I think we all know what the feedback from that will be.

The other side of the fence is important as well and feedback we'll be looking for. If we get a significant amount of people with complaints about how the upgrades are impacting their play experience negatively, especially from a safety standpoint, that's something that will inform any recommendations we make.

Long Bow/Long weapon will definitely see a good amount of play, but I think we all know what the feedback from that will be.

Do we? What will it be?

Also, lets allow double longswords and continue down the path to breaking shield dominance.

Do we? What will it be?
From the Archers? Generally positive is my guess.

Also, lets allow double longswords and continue down the path to breaking shield dominance.
You should definitely speak to your chapter owner about that. There was significant discussion between the chapter owners which lead to the compromise presented in the packet.

I'm a little late to this conversation and I may be missing something, but if the intent is to allow the use of Staff/Long Sword as indicated above (sorry, not quite sure how to use quotes on here), wouldn't there need to be a wording change for Two Weapon as currently the wording includes "Neither Weapon can be a Two handed Melee Weapon," and Staff is currently listed as a Two Handed Melee weapon in the rule book?

The question is actually about wielding two longswords at the same time and about whether the change in the packet intended to now allow 1h long weapon/long bow and spear/spear.

The gist of the change is that in addition to the 2.0 available options characters with Two Weapon can now use Long Bow/Long Sword & Staff/Long Sword.
My apologies, for not being clearer. My comment was in regards to the above comment (I figured out how to use the quote function), not to the original question posed.

My apologies, for not being clearer. My comment was in regards to the above comment (I figured out how to use the quote function), not to the original question posed.
Staff, like bow, is only sort of a two handed weapon, in that you can block with either one handed.

What if such weapons had their own category. Versatile Weapons. That way they could be referenced separately.

Back