Early morning chill, Nov 5 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dramm a'dan

Scholar
Stepping through the portal, the Colonel pauses, taking a deep breath of the cold mountain air. Slowly he lets his breath out.

He heads out towards the commons area, passing through the market place. First place, to check the Earth Circle and see if Weaver Isawda is there to place another order.

Passing the colonel on his round, Boris salutes and stands to, waiting for either orders or dismissal.

"Aye Militiaman Boris," returning the salute, "anything to report? How have the patrols been going?"

As he is leading his horse, L'il Bastard, to the King's Road Hamish spots the Colonel. He approaches, salutes and says,"Colonel, sir, how convenient, I was just leaving to make my report at the barracks in the capitol. I'm sure you've heard of events from the Archmage and the Fatespinner but I'm also sure you want to hear of them from the Guardsmen present."

Boris turns and salutes Hamish before continuing his report. "Everting is quiet, sor. Have not seen much activity since the last gathering. "

"Thank you Militiaman, carry on." Turning to Hamish, "Shale we go inside for you to make your report?" Glancing over to the Earth Circle and not seeing Isawda, "Maybe Isawda is inside the tavern as well." The Colonel leads the way into the Howling Crag's Rest.

Boris turns and continues his patrol as Hamish and the Colonel proceed into the tavern.

Walking slowly, Isawda head across the common toward the Earthcircle and the tavern.

While his feel move slowly, his mind whorls as a result of the meeting just left. It had given him much to think on , much to do. And perhaps a little hope...

Seeing the commons uncommonly empty, Isawda heads for the tavern.

Perhaps the background sound of voices will let him sort throught all his recent meeting has given him to think on.

Hamish brings the Colonel a hot drink. "There's a nip of something to warm your bones in that," he says as he seats himself.

Hamish then recounts the events of the previous muster. He tells of how DAM attacked, under cover of an assault by his minions, and managed to take the Sheriff's memory stone. "I almost didn't survive the attack meself. The shades were powerful and numerous, much healing was required. Oh, and the digging is proceeding at a good pace," he says with a wink and a nod.

"That was only the first night." He then goes on recounting what happened the next day. How the Archmage had them running about retrieving things for his infernal magics. "Portalling about without any concern for a man's giloolies. 'Twas all towards finding the blade for the King so I suffered silently," he adds. He goes on to tell of how the Defenders were successful in obtaining the last items needed to find the treant that possessed the coveted blade. "Fighting the beholder was a bit of a clusterfuck but the Homeguard fought well and the bug-eyed bastard was vanquished in the end," he says proudly. "That evening something happened that I'm not proud of," he continues,"a group of goblin children were slaughtered. Militiaman Kurza was only following orders, but they were children, we don't even kill children in blood feud and they call me a barbarian," he finishes angrily. He then finishes his account of the nights events by telling of how the parents of the goblins came around seeking vengeance and of how a group of fairies came through town looking for some fun. "I say when there is good fae involved you either learn how to dance or find a better hiding place. 'Tis never a good thing to incur the ire of powerful fae," he says as he nods sagely.

"The final day of the muster had a great murthering battle and treachery from a good man." With this statement Hamish begins his tale of how the Defenders of Parson's Breach were transported to Irontree, guardian of the blade, "bah, magic again," Hamish spits and makes a warding sign. He continues and tells of how they attacked minions of Karavale and were in turn attacked by members of the Syndicate and after much heroism and some cowardice the Defenders splayed the great tree and retrieved the blade for their king. "I dinnae know what Freddy was thinking when he tried to spirit the blade away but he was obliterated for his troubles," he finishes sadly. "Dinnae worry I and my men will be keeping an eye on that fella when he returns to the Breach. Although I'm sure he's seen the error of his ways," Hamish adds with confidence.

"Well, I'm sure you've business elsewhere. With your permission, Colonel?" Hamish salutes and makes to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back