eh...

Lok

Artisan
As time has passed I have had quite the revelation. I,or another member of my clan... can say or mention just about anything in this dreamscape and draw negative reactions. Hell... I almost believe that suggesting the adoption of puppies would be taken negatively. That means one of two things. Either we have become the enemy or the enemy is not that important. We are not corrupt beings. Last I checked we do not fit the given description. Yet we have inspired more negative conversation than any such beings that have crossed my path. Why?... I don't ask this question for the simple paradox of it... but in real stride. We may propose things you don't like, but we have no authority to impose or demand such things... Have the people of Harbors Far really distracted the people of Hopes Reach that much?... if so I apologize. You failed at keeping things in perspective. You have taken us for something we are not. Our intention is by no means to offend or mislead. Talk to us and find out who we are...the invitation is real. We have had enough of the conflictual tones and wish for real discussion.
-Lok of Harbors Far, Captain.

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, But from what I have viewed of the local adventure types is that there has been many difficulties with the struggle for power in this area between each other and between the local nobles. So when someone comes in and begins throwing about ideas and such, no matter the intention, they are put on the defensive against any new difficulties these might bring about. So I must put forth that as much as we should get to know you, you should also get to know us in a more personable capacity and then I think we shall be more willing to discuss things in a more positive light.

-Captain York

Lok,

If you adopt a puppy its clearly to make him into a vicious hound... How dare you! :D

Seriously, your tone seems to be offputting to some others. Understand that we arent used to strangers and that some of the incursions of "mistwalkers" have lead to our lands being plundered, our people assaulted, tricked, or otherwise left the poorer as a result. Its not fair that much of that goes back on you... but fair or not fair its a reality of your situation.

For what its worth, the law here doesnt have a problem with you.

Fern

Of course, we also have these problems when the so called law takes matters into their own hands, defending the mistwalkers who assault us born of this land. The turmoil, she abounds. Actions speak for themselves, while words are simply words.

I wish you your Namesake, Luck of Harbor's Far.

"Stargazer" Itherial Giraud Nicolivich

Hey Stargazer Guy,

Did I defend anyone? If anything I'm trying to help me not be a problem. This, at least, seemed to be him attempting to be constructive.

Your walking an awfull thin line trying to make this personal with me, if you have a claim to make on these guys make it and either Tak, I, or the council will deal with it. I've been stuck away for a while, and I don't have a problem with the guy. He's a bit crude mannered but then again so's Ivan and I like him just fine. If he's broken any laws, the law still wont have a problem with him so long as he takes his licks and doesn't make me chase him down... if that happens, or he becomes a repeat pain in my fussy rear.... then the law'll have a problem with him.

Fern

I have no problem with Lok, and have yet to have the chance to sit with him under the stars.

Your actions however, Fern, shall not be forgotten. The tale has been told around many a campfire. If you cannot recall the names of all the people you assault, perhaps you should stop doing so.

-Itherial

I think there is miscommunication, my friends. Lok is concerned about possible hostile intentions. We are refugees who have chosen to settle here and we merely wish to be treated as the sentient beings that we are, we shall treat you likewise. We intend to fight alongside of you in coming battles, not against. All of this is counterproductive.

Lok,
I just thought I would add that I do not think anyone on Forest's Edge has poor opinions of you. All of our dealings as far as I know have been fair and equitable and you seem like a level headed and reasonable man. I would enjoy the chance to adventure with you more in the future and get to know you better. Sadly I may be away for some time this summer, but I would encourage you to continue with good spirits. Don't let those who dream unkind thoughts bring you down. Hasty words are easy to be discouraged by, but continue with you good actions and you will build a good group of friends and the like.

Much cheer!
-Taloc
Treasure of Forest's Edge

Back