Empowered Strike is Useless

The skill is certainly not for everyone or every style, but if you think it is just about not needing to memorize incants or deal with a tuck, you may be underselling it.

I feel like this is a really unfair assessment of my comparison.

I played a high level templar back in the day, up through about 35th level. I went scout when that became a thing.

I’m going (back to?) spellsword now almost purely due to the ability to spell strike everything. Between combined strike for low level healing spells, enhanced strike for high level offensive spells, and potion coating/poison trigger/poison cache for protectives/fixes/random spells, it’s a flurry of amazing and I am stupidly excited about it.

I could see the argument that it's overpriced.

It's my personal feeling that a lot of the single shot weapon swing moves are overpriced slightly.
But, I've explored and encouraged friends to take this ability. At least one is a great riposting blow follow up, it's great for adepts with surprising attack as well.

That being said, I'm interested in letting the players decide these minor price tweaks with their character choices. Once 2.0 is released and we've had real time, we can dig into the data and see if the game as a whole feels the same way. (I'm looking at you stun limb being too high level).

I played a high level templar back in the day, up through about 35th level. I went scout when that became a thing.

I’m going (back to?) spellsword now almost purely due to the ability to spell strike everything. Between combined strike for low level healing spells, enhanced strike for high level offensive spells, and potion coating/poison trigger/poison cache for protectives/fixes/random spells, it’s a flurry of amazing and I am stupidly excited about it.

I will tell you that my testing of Spellsword felt significantly affected by the types of monsters that we were fighting, their Body totals, and the number of waves.

I also didn’t go the Combined Strike route mostly because of team composition; when I needed healing, it was rare, and I was able to burn a Lesser Earth Storm to handle it (plus extra for friends).

Spellsword has a lot of cool tricks. The change to High Magic no longer requiring a Marshal is fantastic when you need to Quicken Med your Ev Blow back for a mere 3 XP after it got Parried or Dodged.

I think a loooot of the cool tricks happen once you have access to PStrike and High Magic, though, and significant amounts of it.

Spellsword has a lot of cool tricks. The change to High Magic no longer requiring a Marshal is fantastic when you need to Quicken Med your Ev Blow back for a mere 3 XP after it got Parried or Dodged.
How are Spellswords meditating back Evicerates that already resolved?

Powerful Meditation This High Magic may be expended to Meditate a single Battle Magic spell (of either aspect) or Martial or Stealth skill which was negated by a defense. The character must complete a normal Meditation session as if the ability had missed without resolving.

"Powerful Meditation" high magic ability to meditate back a skill that hit a defense

Edit: whoops, someone beat me to it

Powerful Meditation This High Magic may be expended to Meditate a single Battle Magic spell (of either aspect) or Martial or Stealth skill which was negated by a defense. The character must complete a normal Meditation session as if the ability had missed without resolving.

Ah! I thought it could be, but when I referenced PG. 148 of the beta rulebook for details, it just says “ Meditate back a spell that hit a Defense“. It does say the right discrption on PG. 151 though. Guess thats just another thing to add to the feedback thread.

Yeah, I meant to post that last night when I noticed it but work ran real late. If you can throw it up there that'd be awesome!

Back