End of the Blade Eater Threat

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Adventurers,

I am certain that you do not need me to tell you that the Blade Eaters have long been a foe to the people of Gaden and Roskaria that dwell near the mountains, responsible for the destruction of the ancient Dwarven society and countless weapons throughout the years. These coppery lizards have been a thorn in the adventurers' sides for as long as adventurers have been gathering in the Sheltered Lands and we have struggled against them time and time again, after all.

But as of developments in the late hours of this past weekend, I am pleased to announce that the threat of the Blade Eaters shall be no longer.

For those that are not aware, the Blade Eaters are a race that was created by those that we commonly call the Deep Elves, which are Elves like myself that have lived for extraordinary amounts of time beneath the earth and far away from all other civilizations. While the Blade Eaters were used to protect their home and maintain their isolation, the Blade Eaters were truly never meant as instruments of war and were instead created as a means to harvest resources critical to the Deep Elves' survival. Without these materials, the Deep Elves would go extinct, their entire society and history to be even more lost than that of the Quelie. Even to this day, there are less than fifty Deep Elves remaining, and they openly admit that they fear for their race's continued existence without the Blade Eaters.

And so now I expect that you are expecting me to say that the adventurers have destroyed the method for creating new Blade Eaters and have brought an end to the Deep Elven people. But you would be very mistaken.

A bargain was struck with Meleron Na'Varn, a skilled, honorable, and ancient representative on behalf of the High Council of the remaining Deep Elves to allow them to keep the ritual of Blade Eater creation. This was done so as to allow the continued existence of their dying race, for even as the Deep Elves have caused suffering, we determined that they did not deserve to have their entire people wiped from the land. Respect has been earned between the Deep Elves and the adventurers, for it is diplomatic benevolence that builds alliances and trust, not acts of war and genocide.

As part of our agreement to return the ritual to the High Council, the Deep Elves have decided that they must venture to further lands. The Blade Eaters, their keys to survival, are too dangerous to keep so close other civilizations. Far to the northeast, there are mountains that none have ever ventured within, places where no nations exist to be harmed by the presence of the Blade Eaters, and so the Deep Elves have voluntarily chosen to move their entire remaining civilization to such a place to ensure their isolation and nourishment. There, their kind can live in peace, free to flourish and persist without risk of their Blade Eaters causing harm to others. We have the honorable word of the High Council that with the soon departure of their people to the northeast, our nations will never again face the dangers of a Blade Eater.

With the departure of the Blade Eaters, the Dwarves of the Sheltered Lands are free to once again take up their ancestral halls and attempt to rebuild their shattered homelands. The Deep Elves have formally apologized for the damage and pain they wrought to the Dwarven people, and the Dwarves were gracious enough to accept and allow a respectful, peaceful parting of ways. Of course, even without the Blade Eaters, the mountains can still be a dangerous place full of many dangerous creatures (including those from the far depths that we have not yet come to our attention), but I have faith that the Dwarves can thrive once again. It will take time and an extraordinary amount of effort, but the Dwarves should always remember that they are now able to return home at last thanks to the peaceful departure of the Deep Elves, even if it was by the same people that they were driven out so long ago.

The Blade Eater threat is no more, and as part of our agreement, I make a simple request: Allow the Deep Elves and their lizard creations their solitude. They will not harm us, and thus I ask on their behalf that you do not harm them. A new era for the mountains is beginning, and if the Dwarves can now rebuild, the Deep Elves also shall be allowed to seek a new era for themselves. I ask that you grant it to them as has been agreed.

On behalf of the Deep Elves, I thank you for all of this.

May your Words have Power and your Memories be Knowledge,
~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Good Job Gandian,

Those lizards broke more than 1 good knife in my day.

You have my thanks and congratulations on finding a more reasonable solution than most of us could.

Best

HC

Well done Gandian,

Your exemplary negotiations bring Honor to you, your house, and our community.

This is exactly the type of occurrence that makes the world a better place and all of us stronger for it. It is also why I am proud of our adventuring community and why it is held in high esteem by those in the know.

Again, my sincerest congratulations and deepest thanks to each and everyone involved this past market day.

Walk with Honor,
Sir Victor von Gryphon
Knight of the Stayed Blade

Back