Enerret 4/3-4/5 Gladiator Games of Caius - Favorite Moments & Event Review

Ashlin

Tell us all about your weekend!

This weekend was a roller coaster! Between our travel to Caius, tip-toeing around slave politics, gladiatorial battles, getting stabbed in the feels, cobbler, a huanted kiln, a mad quest to capture bugs and butterflies, the return of the baroness, a crazy glowing dragon mage and so much more! There must be a ton of stories out there!
Tell them here!

Also tell the Crew about your weekend on our event review! Make sure to vote for the players who helped make the weekend great in out fav pics sections. Winners will receive prizes!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jbE0RT6_9CtK4W54JLXqIyfYI5Z_6ZAkFKpHah0h688/viewform
Everyone who completes the form will receive 30 GS and also help us build a better game experience.

Last edited:
This weekend was full of some amazing moments.
- Finding out exactly how deadly the arena is when not even successfully first aiding my opponent prevented him from dying.
- Having a barghast try and lure Kjeld out into the darkness, Chris was pushing all the "chase me!" buttons Kjeld has.
- Having 5 minutes for Kjeld to talk to his father was emotional to begin with, but add in such a time constraint into the first time Kjeld had seen his father in nearly 3 years since his people were taken and he swore not to return to his tribe until he found them and that made it nearly overwhelming. There was so much to say, too much to say, but it came down to 2 things: talking about saving our people and a parting "I love you".
- Needing to go around to the community and ask everyone who would be willing to put up their freedom as collateral so Kjeld could even get the chance to free his people was the toughest thing Kjeld had to ever ask anybody. 6 lives other than Kjeld's were on the line, let alone all of Kjeld's peopel. If I had to fight an armless goblin baby I would have still been stressed and anxious over the fight. Which brings me to one of the hardest role plays I've ever gone through.
- The final arena fight. Waiting in that arena alone, knowing that whoever came out was the person Kjeld needed to defeat in combat to the death to both free his people and prevent 6 others from becoming slaves was the longest and tensest couple of minutes I've gone through in a while. My armor and sword never felt heavier. Seeing Isaac come out in Bjarn gear. Knowing that Kjeld would have to kill his father in order to fulfill his oath and bring freedom to his people and make sure he didn't let down his brothers and sisters in arms. Bjarn told Kjeld to not hold back, that everyone was on the other side of this fight, and I like to think Kjeld put everything he had into that fight.
- Putting Tulle, the sword that Bjarn made for Kjeld when he was a child, through his chest and collapsing into a sobbing mess in the middle of the arena. Barely being able to let out a single, mournful howl before leaving the arena and his father's corpse behind. It was painful in the best of RP ways.
- All the different interactions with other characters trying to console Kjeld had their own flavors of feels, but each made it known how much others care for Kjeld.
- Being asked multiple times OOG if I was alright, that's when I knew I was doing my job RPing right!
- That night tromping around with Ashen Spire and killing a whole lot of undead before going toe to toe with a necromantic dragon mage! Isaac was wearing an amazing costume for it, it and his role play really put forth a sense of power and command along with danger. That fight really helped Kjeld get some aggression out!
- Working with Namrek in trying to figure out how to free Kjeld's people. Kjeld is more grateful to him than he can express, even with how the final fight turned out.
- The construct fight Saturday night was great. It was just the right amount of push to make things really scary.
- The whole weekend was just rife with amazing RP, tough fights, and enough moral dilemma to choke on. I loved it.
Thanks to all again for a most incredible and unforgettable weekend of gaming.

Yes, of course all the RP around Kjeld and his father was amazing, that goes without saying. But I'm going to put forth that one of my favorite moments was the absolutely epic exasperated eye roll from Kjeld the third or fourth time his attempt to explain to the Ashen Spire what he was trying to do was interrupted by spawning undead.

Back