Enslavement Antidote Mixed in Water?

Kasuni

Squire
So I heard that antidotes don't work when they're mixed in drinks... so if I had an enslavement antidote mixed in with juice or something, and then fed it to someone, and they were enslaved, would it fix them? =D
I wasn't sure if this was true or not... but it would be nice to know =)
Thanks!
~Emily

kasuni said:
So I heard that antidotes don't work when they're mixed in drinks... so if I had an enslavement antidote mixed in with juice or something, and then fed it to someone, and they were enslaved, would it fix them? =D
Thanks!
~Emily
Well I looked it over and there do not seem to be diffrent rules for antidotes than other elixers so, as long as someone with alchemy level 1 or higher did the mixing your all good. Page 70 near the end of the page.

Now Potions can not be mixed with drinks, but thats a diffrent issue.

Interesting to see that they changed it. It used to be whatever elixirs where in a food or drink are used in the first bite or drink. This way makes sense, but seems very abusable. After all, why not make one antidote, add it to a bottle of water and be able to cure most alchemical effects over the course of ae entire weekend?

Kauss said:
Well I looked it over and there do not seem to be diffrent rules for antidotes than other elixers so, as long as someone with alchemy level 1 or higher did the mixing your all good. Page 70 near the end of the page.

Now Potions can not be mixed with drinks, but thats a diffrent issue.

This is incorrect. Beginning page 69, first collumn, last paragraph:
The Rulebook said:
Only elixers from the Alteration, Command, Curse, Gift, or Necromancy effects [sic] groups can be mixed into food or drink. [...] Poisoned food does not heal or provide any beneficial effects such as increasing Body points or removing other effects.
I don't like that they've separated the section about elixers into two parts, but this is where you can find the rest of the rules about them.
Hope this helps,
~Matt

obcidian said:

I don't like that they've separated the section about elixers into two parts, but this is where you can find the rest of the rules about them.
Hope this helps,
~Matt

Oh -__- this brings much sadness to me... foilage of plans!

obcidian said:

Hope this helps,
~Matt
Ahh your right, when they changed the rules on poisons to allow the 10 min duration they killed the ability to use antidotes in that way, and sadly printed the old rules on page 70 and the new rules on 69.

(Bad badly written rules)
Sorry kasuni

kasuni said:
Thanks!
~Emily
However... there is the other alternative, you dont have to mix it with juice to tell people it is juice. What I mean is, if you hand someone a glass/bottle of "something" and tell them its juice, it can be enslavement antidote (or just about anything for that matter, shame on them for drinking it without checking)

It's cool... oh wells ^^ so filling a bottle with water and an enslavement antidote wouldn't be beneficial... oh wells =) thanks muchly!

The other thing to keep in mind is that you can never take advantage of the "10 minutes from mixing" rule to provide benefits. So, even if you had some weird monster with "Sleep acts as Cure Mortal Wounds" or some such nonsense, it could not benefit from a mixed Sleep elixir.

I never knew about the 10 minutes from mixing
I guess yah learn good information everyday ^^

Oh... and I have a new alchemy question =D
If someone has their nose and eyes covered, can they use herbal lore to identify what they're eatting/drinking?

kasuni said:
If someone has their nose and eyes covered, can they use herbal lore to identify what they're eatting/drinking?
In theory, sure. There could be audible, taste, or tactile clues that let you know what something is. You still need to be able to manipulate it freely (Shake it, hold it to your ear, whatever), but it is theoretically possible.

Ok, so if you had someone like... imobilized, and their eyes and nose and ears were covered... and then you fed them something, they wouldn't know what it was? =D

kasuni said:
Ok, so if you had someone like... imobilized, and their eyes and nose and ears were covered... and then you fed them something, they wouldn't know what it was? =D
TMK, you are always aware of what effects you come under, unless otherwise specified within that effect.

ohs, ok! What if someone were to be imobilized, their eyes, ears, and nose covered, and they were fed an enslavement antidote. Would they know what it was if they weren't enslaved? Since it had no effect on them, would they be conscious of what they'd just taken?

kasuni said:
Would they know what it was if they weren't enslaved?
Yes.

Since it had no effect on them, would they be conscious of what they'd just taken?
Yes. And they wouldn't call "no effect". There just would be no difference between the state they were in before they took it and after. Just like if you are at full body and someone throws a Cure Light Wounds spell at you. You don't call "no effect". You call "got it", but nothing has actually changed.

Kauss said:
However... there is the other alternative, you dont have to mix it with juice to tell people it is juice. What I mean is, if you hand someone a glass/bottle of "something" and tell them its juice, it can be enslavement antidote (or just about anything for that matter, shame on them for drinking it without checking)

This may be the case, but it brings with it some problems. Elixers and Potions do not have a pre-determined maximum amount per dose, smell, or flavour. There was a case in another chapter (this was spoken about on the HQ boards back in the day i hated myself enough to read them), where they foiled a vampires plans by feeding him a goblet of purify potion, which appearently looked, smelled, and tasted like blood, which in the end, is no different than making an enslavemet antidote look and smell convincinly like juice to those with a nose less alchemicaly inclined...the room for abuse is massive. This sounds more like an exploit than anything else to me.
You can tell them its juice...but what happens then when they smell it? What does it taste like? (important if theyre not enslaved, or it doesnt work for whatever reason). You see where this is going..

Dante said:
This may be the case, but it brings with it some problems. Elixers and Potions do not have a pre-determined maximum amount per dose, smell, or flavour. There was a case in another chapter (this was spoken about on the HQ boards back in the day i hated myself enough to read them), where they foiled a vampires plans by feeding him a goblet of purify potion, which appearently looked, smelled, and tasted like blood, which in the end, is no different than making an enslavemet antidote look and smell convincinly like juice to those with a nose less alchemicaly inclined...the room for abuse is massive. This sounds more like an exploit than anything else to me.
You can tell them its juice...but what happens then when they smell it? What does it taste like? (important if theyre not enslaved, or it doesnt work for whatever reason). You see where this is going..
Actally, isnt not an abuse or exploit. Asking the smell and taste is fine, but unless they have a skill to back it up, they smell and taste just like its physreped. You cant use a lack of smell, or a distinct smell or the like to tell someone it is or isnt a potion/elixer. If you could we wouldnt need the scenting ability or the herbal lore skill. Now in all honestly you can hand them a glass of water, and tell them its juice when its actally a potion, (course you can also tell them its beer or ale as well) and if they cant (or dont) go to the effort to tell if its a potion/elixer its their fault. And if they ask ooc about the smell, if they dont have those skills the answer might just be "physreped as it smells"

I see your point, and I realize that the rules protect this method of action, but I still see it as exploiting an oversight moreso than anything else.
I have my purify elixer in my potion bag, and some thick cranberry juice which is being used to physrep blood. Flamingo Scavenger-Vampire Lord Mortegue walks into town, sits in the tavern, and demands the blood of Schkvelein the earth mage be served to him in a glass or woe betide the town who would defy him. The highbies are busy with the magic sword getting mod, and the only ones defending the tavern are me, Schkvelein, and afew other low levels, making an offensive reaction out of the question (he has our number in flamingo-ghouls). Thinking quickly, I grab Schkvelein, drag him into another room, tell him to scream while I empty my physrepped blood into a glass, physrep emptying my container of purify potion into a glass, and then empty my physrepped blood into the vial to represent the contents. I then walk back out into the main room, and offer this glass to Mortegue, the liquid looking, tasting, and smelling just like blood IG, because theres nothing established that purify potions can't taste and smell like blood, and its not alchemical, so Mortegue's scenting ability is useless to detect it. Hell, I dont even need the cranberry juice. I can use water and say it tastes/smells like blood, because thats my intended look and smell of purify elixers, and no one wants me drawing my own blood to physrep it. Potions dont need physrepped liquid to begin with, so I could even hand him an empty mug and tell him oog that there appears to be blood in there. Their are no rules governing this type of potion/elixer use, and theres a lot of room for exploitability in just allowing them to be as big, look and taste as you want it to.

Back