Epic Trek?

...And it came to be known that mine knee shalt not be jacked all summer long, and that there shall be cheap airline tickets, and it was good.
Er, rather, I'm thinking about pulling a whirlwind double event attendance extravaganza. Ohio's long weekend Sept. 4-7 then Chicago's Sept 11-13.
To pull this off, I need a number of things, and a bunch of info.
First of all, this is what I'm thinking of trying to do:

FLIGHT 1
Seattle, WA (SEA) → Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)
Departing ···Thursday, Sep 03, 2009 at 12:30pm
Arriving ···Thursday, Sep 03, 2009 at 10:00pm

FLIGHT 2
Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) → Chicago, IL (ORD)
Departing ···Tuesday, Sep 08, 2009 at 2:50pm
Arriving ···Tuesday, Sep 08, 2009 at 3:25pm

FLIGHT 3
Chicago, IL (ORD) → Seattle, WA (SEA)
Departing ···Monday, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:55pm
Arriving ···Monday, Sep 14, 2009 at 6:25pm

Looks like both of these airports are over an hour from game sites:
Are there better airports to fly into?
Are people near enough to these airports that I could get rides to/from them?
If necessary, are there airport shuttles in the area?

If I do this, there's going to be several days I'd be looking to kill in the week between games (so flight dates between games are flexible, if that's necessary). Can I bum couch space/guest room/cot under the stairs? I'm willing to be passed around.
Most of my stuff will fit in one suitcase, but with the 1 suitcase limit at most airlines now, I might need to bum event bedding/get in on group food/other stuff I can't think of right now. Can somebody help me out there?
I might drag Carmen along, which will mean one additional person. Apply the above to another person with me. :D

What'cha'all think?
~Matt, WCV
(AKA Kerjal)

Hey Matt,

I am 100% certain that you can bum out at my place for a few days, and most likely others would open up couches and the like if need be for you.

Group Food is usually pretty much tavern food, bedding and the like can be arranged as we get closer. Remember your limited to 1 suitcase but that suitcase can also be suplemented by a carryon which will usually be able to fit quite a bit of stuff. The flight attendants will also usually not complain if you bring a pillow on your flight. :)

I live about 30-40 mins away from the airport and a cab is about 40-50 dollars to my place though there are shuttles available to the naperville area from both ORD and MDW which are good. Most likely, one of us could be wrangled to come pick you up at the airport and someone would be off at most times throughout the week to show you around a bit.

We look forward to seeing you and Carmen,

Paul

Indeedily!

John and I are (between the two of us) free most days of the week so we'd be happy to entertain you somewhat whilest you were [stuck] here. :D Naperville, though a suburb, does have a lot to offer in the way of entertainment, and as a person who camped on Paul's couch for a while, I can tell you there's a lot right in the immediate vicinity, so you wouldn't have to venture far to get anything you might need.

Also, you might consider doing what we did when we visited Seattle -- snagging sleeping bags when you got here from a local purveyor (i.e. - Wal-Mart) and then donating them to a chapter so you don't have to haul them back AND you get gobbies to blanket with in future.

Just a thought. :)

Anyhow, I'm excited for you kids to come, it'd be excellent to get summore Gyppos about. :D

-Mandie

Mandie,

Naperville offers plenty to someone who knows where to look. No dissin mah town ya snooby city gal :p or were we not hanging out in the burbs all evening yesterday :D

I am such a pain.

Paul

Clean yo glasses, buddeh.

I didn't diss your city. I said there was a lot of stuff to do out there. :p

You best watch yo step, fool. I will break you off like a paper towel.

Represent!

(p.s. - When did we become gangsta white kids?)

I was just going to ask you that question Mandi

So... Any word if this is still a go?

Back