Er...

Yes, a fantastic name to a thread. Sorry, I didn't know what to call it.

So my best friend Megan has been hearing me talk about LARP for the past few months non stop, and she is really interested in checking it out.
But, she doesn't want to be a PC, and for an NPC she doesn't want to go around fighting people.
Yeah, kinda weird dilema.

So is there anyway for her to NPC in the town, and hang out with my lovely PC?

Because as I stated, the combat element scares her, and she's an easily freightened female around strangers.

Honestly I would suggest she perhaps try to think of a fairly unassuming Human PC character, especially if she just wants to 'hang out'. In particular if she just wants to hang out with you as a friend that might be a better plan. Generally as an NPC you are going to have less control over what you do and it's pretty unusual to just play a single NPC character to 'hang out' all day (unless you are doing something like a staff tavern NPC type thing). Additionally we like to try and have newer NPC's do stuff alongside more experienced players and whatnot.

Its also worth mentioning, that while you certain can play the game without as much involvement in combat combat is a pretty 'central' part of the game. And we do everything physically possible to try and make the combat as OOG safe and non-frightening as possible. I might be worried that she would feel left out if she wasn't having anything to do with combat the entire day...

Just my thoughts. However if you are looking for an 'official/specific' request it would probably be better to try to contact plot and/or members of staff individually about something like this. Hope you find something that works! :)

If she felt comfortable with being fairly near the combat, but didn't really want to actually get hit, she could "Page" the event.

That is also a good idea, and one that would also probably lend itself towards PC'ing.

I totally forgot about Pages! I think that would work. Thank you both so much for all your help. It's much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Back