Eternal Resolution aspect

Ken

Artisan
Eternal Resolution says the user can call X Elemental Healing or X Elemental Chaos, but it doesn't specifically indicate this is dependent on the aspect it was cast using. Is it intended to be reversible on the fly, or is the element locked in by the aspect?

I believe that as with most similar things (Spell Store comes to mind immediately) that Ritual Aspect won't matter; if you store a Cure Wounds 40 into a Spell Store, you can cast a Cause Wounds 40 out of it, so I don't see why this would be ruled differently. The Ritual text doesn't indicate that Healing is only available if it's cast as Earth Aspect, either, so that makes me think this is the case even more.

I believe that as with most similar things (Spell Store comes to mind immediately) that Ritual Aspect won't matter; if you store a Cure Wounds 40 into a Spell Store, you can cast a Cause Wounds 40 out of it, so I don't see why this would be ruled differently. The Ritual text doesn't indicate that Healing is only available if it's cast as Earth Aspect, either, so that makes me think this is the case even more.

Actually, the reversibility was removed in later packets. The spell stored is now the spell you have; you can’t cast an alternative choice, now. :(

The .12b packet (the one posted in the prerelease thread) still says reversible Spells can be cast as either one; is there another, more recent packet that's available?
Packet 0.12b page 45 said:
When a reversible spell is activated out of a Spell Store, either version may be activated no matter which version was put into the Spell Store (e.g. a Life spell put into a Spell Store may be activated as either a Life or Corrupt)."

That’s weird. I could have sworn that I had heard it was removed.

Is it possible that there was confusion over reversible and variable spells? Evocation Bolts are variable (the element is chosen at the time of casting, but is memorized as a generic Evocation Bolt), but Earth and Necromancy Spells are reversible (you can memorise either one, but choose to cast the other instead); you can absorb a Cure Wounds and then cast out a Cause Wounds, but you can't absorb a Flame Bolt and then cast out an Ice Bolt.

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t updated, but I’ll let @Polare confirm if that’s true or not.

Back