Eternal Resolution - How long is "Immediate"

Stana

Scholar
Marshal
Sorry this is a bit pedantic. I presume this follows the rulebook definition for Calling Defenses:

You must always call your defensive spells
and skills immediately when used, and may only
ever use one of a particular defense against a
single attack.

Is the intention that you can ever be at [up to] 26 body with Eternal Resolution? Or, if I am hit three times in rapid succession and dropped below 1 body and expend three uses of Resolute, can I then "Activate 25 elemental healing" three times (expending three charges of Eternal Resolution in the process), putting me back up to 76 body, or should I only activate it once?

Sorry this is a bit pedantic. I presume this follows the rulebook definition for Calling Defenses:

Is the intention that you can ever be at [up to] 26 body with Eternal Resolution? Or, if I am hit three times in rapid succession and dropped below 1 body and expend three uses of Resolute, can I then "Activate 25 elemental healing" three times (expending three charges of Eternal Resolution in the process), putting me back up to 76 body, or should I only activate it once?

...this is a really good question.

Furthermore, if I have 1 Resolute and 1 Eternal Resolution, and I’m hit with “10 Normal! 10 Normal” in quick succession, can I call “Resolute! 25 Elemental Healing! Taken!”?

Or do I drop because I was hit twice?

I feel this will actually probably come up a lot in melee, purely because weapon spam is pretty common.

So, if you just think of it in terms of when the effects take place on a base level, not real world level it makes sense. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I get hit with 10 normal twice in rapid succession, and the first hit would drop me, I'm calling my defense against the first hit, not the second. The defense technically occurs between the first and second hit, and would resolve appropriately before the second strike was applied.

10 Normal
Resolute 25 elemental healing (healed to 26 total body)
10 Normal - Taken.
Now I am at 16 body total and fight continues, I would not qualify to activate a second resolute 25 elemental healing, even if you did have another.

The issue is that Eternal Resolution isn’t a defense, it just links with one.

...this is a really good question.

Furthermore, if I have 1 Resolute and 1 Eternal Resolution, and I’m hit with “10 Normal! 10 Normal” in quick succession, can I call “Resolute! 25 Elemental Healing! Taken!”?

Or do I drop because I was hit twice?

I feel this will actually probably come up a lot in melee, purely because weapon spam is pretty common.

I believe the basic intent of the system is that one should never be able to negate card defenses via physical spam. That is part of the rationale for Swarmed, as circle beatings make it impossible to effectively call a creature's defenses and offenses by overwhelming the oog person playing the card.

Back