Event Favorites - End of May

Not really...He rezzed a bunch of times, but I wouldn't say it was every weekend. Although my personal best was twice on a friday night against the Crix Lol.

I just remember all the early years of you getting hurt IG & OOG. I can still remember the "hill roll" when your leg got hooked and you rolled. You jumped right back up and started screaming curse words while ripping off your costume. I honestly thought you tried it at first. It wasn't until afterwards that I realized you got hurt.

Gee-Perwin said:
I just remember all the early years of you getting hurt IG & OOG. I can still remember the "hill roll" when your leg got hooked and you rolled. You jumped right back up and started screaming curse words while ripping off your costume. I honestly thought you tried it at first. It wasn't until afterwards that I realized you got hurt.

Collarbone injury
and I was at the hospital waiting for him.
Yeah Stabley you need a less... violent pc next go round
youre not a spring chicken.... ;)

Bleh...you want to live big, you gotta take the big risks :p
And don't forget, I was telling jokes to colleen after it happened too lol

Ah, I still wish I would have been able to make it to that event.

I just remembered one favorite that happened fairly early in the event. Went out to raid a tomb with Koshi, Ko'tuall and a few others, I don't remember names too well, but when they went to take the APL... We had one person over 30, I believe, three over 20, one in the low tens, and then myself... 9. "I'm so falling down, but yay for being the low-end weight!"

My usual response to that is "Hi, I will be your level crevice for this encounter/Module..."

-Ali

My highlights of the weekend I wasn't able to make:
-sitting in the doctors office for an hour waiting for my cat scan.
- drinking a gallon of the horrible dye they make you drink, no matter how much lemonade mix they put into it, it still taste like crap.
-waiting until 5 on friday to be told not only do I not have appendicitis, but I merely tore an ab muscle. I didn't even know I had abs.
- Hanging out saturday night with some firehouse friends and realizing 3 killian irish reds and painkillers don't mix, good thing I wasn't driving.
- being bummed out for missing the event of all events. And knowing I won't make another one till the July event.

Dave

I'm a little late on this thread.. but a couple things that are still standing out five days later..

Overall, having fun with this character again. It's been a long time coming.

My OOG bemusement over how ONE speech from Talon has completely changed my character's whole outlook on the world.

The finger game. I'm not sure that I understand what the heck we were doing, but it sure was silly.

All things Ragnar.

Glorianna, Shetland Ponies and Giant Carts.

Joquin and Aislinn totally made my char's Saturday night. You guys rock!

All things Kelly.

Dustin and his "I call upon CHAOS.... to cause LIGHT wounds!" From 6 inches in front of me. Rinse and repeat. I almost lost it, dude, that was hysterical.

Love meeting all the news folks in and out of game. :) See you all at the barbar event!

I almost don't even feel right about posting favorites after Mike has... who can take the stage after that? Ragnar and Ulthoc never got along (ok, maybe tried to kill each other at times...) but it was always only IG, and Stabley's a great guy- one of the best. I'll miss not having to look so much over my shoulder, but can't wait to meet your next incarnation!

First off, all things Erica. I don't get to RP with Glori as much as I used to, and it was great to spend some time together again... even if we spent more time talking about Ig relationships than anything else!

"Aren't you going to Ragnar's memorial?" "Trust me, he wouldn't want me there."

Great roleplay with all my "celestial buddies". Trust me Robb, I know -exactly- what I started.... glad everyone's having fun.

Rocking it with the stormblades, even if only for a short time.

"How do you expect me to concentrate when all you're wearing is a chainmail shirt and a coat?" "I have sandals on too." "Right, like I'm looking at your feet."

Having the missing Playa of Nordenn in town again. Fairdale's in trouble if all three of us are around at the same time!

All things Nordenn. We're one big disfunctional family- but woe to the fool that tries to step on any of us. Warhorses and endow potions, indeed!

Fixing a stone bridge. There's something always satisfying for this character about being able to just be a "simple tradesman" for a few minutes.

I can't say enough about Christine. Awesome roleplay. This woman doesn't turn it off at any point in the weekend. The look of her standing along the river while Ulthoc was packing a few things up where they camped out was simply breathtaking- it was exactly what the character would do. The healer's circle, the followup later. Walking hand in hand form the fight back to the tavern, and both of us sneaking in Healing Arts checks... I can't thank you enough for revitalizing an old character and making him fun to play again.

"I didn't come here to fight you." "All the better for me." Thanks for setting me up with some cinematically great comeback opportunities this weekend Scott!

Internal Roleplay. I had a ton of deep stuff going on this event- a culmination of 5 years of story- and less than half of it actually even got seen.

Every so often, you get an event that reminds you why you love this game. Thanks again to plot teams, logistics crews, props people, and owners everywhere who do what it takes to make it happen. Thanks specifically to Scott for this one.

Tom H
"that guy"

remembered one. team human is hinding behind my ward when bacon face shows up for the first time. khorwyn runs out behind her and tries to waylay her. !!!! she laughs as she calls no effect and turns to face him and he, realizing his error, runs back into the ward just in time. I then had to instruct him as to whom it was he just tried to waylay. good times.

I'm really late on these....

Biata stuff. So far Most of Laguna's friends think he has epilepsy from how much he passes out in their presence...

Getting attacked in our unwarded cabin by vampires...just goes to show that when this game is on...its ON.

Getting a "Heinous Guard Dog" tag for our cabin. 1G well spent.

Fighting ancient legends of the game (at least to me, whose been here just over two years). Arienne and Lochaber are badass.

Spending more time interacting with characters I'm usually killing.

Exploring the vast wilderness of this new property. There is so much awesome potential in the Faireplay Site, I can't wait to see its evolution.

Eventually getting an Earth Blade spellcrafted onto my sword. I was feeling mostly useless until that point.

It's true that carrier attacks had me inundated for a majority of the time, but I expected that. I just need to hound folk to get my Armor phys rep done.

Dealing with my shield...it kept catching packets so I dropped it repreatedly in order to be the dashing single sword swashbuckler I am, but as soon as someone handed it back to me a packet lands on it...

Getting running exercise from all the fears, with such awesome saves as: Ezrad's guilt trip, the chase up the bigass hill, and Obadiah's headlock.

Laguna / Collin

Even later..

Well, that was an awesome weekend - let me get that in there quick. Congrats to Brian - you deserve it, buddy. You are an oustanding player. Thanks to staff, NPCs, and all the players for an immursive and phenominal experience.

After 10 years of building a PC, scrapping and redoing character concepts, and desperately wanting to PC after months of NPCing - getting the approval to play the character. I wrote the character and history that I settled on in about two hours. It was a lot of fun to play "high level alliance" and based on the reception I got I imagine I'll be playing him again - just, you know, not in the reclaim. haha

All things Ezri. We really seemed to see eye to eye on things - Favorite moment was sharing wine with you. "Ice?? ARe you insane??"
Ali/Aislynn - so young, so angry, we need to lighten you up. : )
Randomly flipping to the EXACT newspaper article you were looking for.. "Well, my work is clearly done here.."

"I feel the need to inform you that we are breaking the law right now by committing conspiriacy to commit murder. Just so that we are all ok with this."

Sevaria: I've been bitten and infected!
Qualin: What do you want me to do?
Sevaria: Kill me!
Qualin: Done.

Amaranthus getting my comment a few minutes later - it was like a delayed blast fireball, baby.

Glori, Glori, Glori.. you know, I never figured this character would like you - but really, you kick ***. : ) And getting to run around staking vampires was frickin' awesome.

Same with Dan/Rori - really impressive and fun to be around. The whole ash forest was awesome to kick it with.. I bounced between them and Vex squad basically all weekend.

Ivan, my character is convinced, is a tool - but I had a great time RPin' with ya buddy.

Vex Squad, ftw. I got your back, guys - not that you need it. ; ) Obediah's frustration over "war profiteering" was outstanding. Justin C, of course, kicked mondo *** - but that funeral was a bit too morbid for my delecate elven sensibilities. heh.

Botcher's NPC RAnger (whose name has slipped my mind and I'm so very sad about it) - also how that concept as it was written overall. I know it wasn't "for me" but his destruction was absolutely the most emotional moment of the weekend for Qualin. " I will Kill you Lochabar.. "

Ulthoc calling me "ranger" because he had heard several others referring to me as such. Kick. ***.

It was a lot of the little moments here and there - brief conversations with people, getting to know more about characters than I had known as an NPC (even an NPC that was well liked and trusted). It felt really, really cool to play with you guys. Overall I had a fantastic time RPing with folks and I look forward to seeing most of you again this Friday at Caldaria! Woot.

HtM / Qualin Brightoak.

Back