Event favorites

jpariury

Duke
I want to start off by saying that there are not enough words for the awesomeness of our NPCs. They are the meat and bread and butter and chocolate sundae of our events - without them, events couldn't happen, and while we demand much of them - pre-event prep, ten-minute history and backstory lessons, crazy new cards, and more - they rise to the challenge and go far above and beyond what is asked of them. They make our (the Plot team's) jobs so much easier in so many ways big and small, that every event I feel honored to have them working for us.

Just a scant few of my favorite moments from this past event -

Rachel and Michael reacting to the Squamata raid-searching their home. "I'm taking names!". To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what they were in their cabin for, but they caught on and rolled with it so quick, it made for just a perfect capper to the overall scene.

The acquisition of the book and subsequent hand-off to people in power. Hearing the characters describe what they had done was awesome.

The assorted kidnap victims' scenes.

1)
<Racoon girl is hiccuping>
Racoon girl: Oo, I have the hiccups. :(
Karzel: Look up and say "watermelon".
Racoon girl looks up: Watermelon. <hiccup> It didn't work.
Karzel: It was worth a shot.

2)
The partying was "pretty good". :D

3)
Prashka catching the cheater.

4)
The crazy confined tavern fight where everyone got smacked around a bit, but was like a dream.

5)
The gypsy curse discussion on Saturday night. :D

Just to name a few. :)

in no particular order:
Tavern Monster Mosh Pit - the players initially not knowing who, what, or where things were rolling in from...death, destruction, packets & the cacophony of calls. 'wake up'

Crow & Capture - the look on our 1st victim's face when he realized I was right there (and the subsequent mental list of 'can I avoid this, and that, oh nevermind'). Then me looking around for partners and realizing I am standing right in the open with him just waiting to be shewed away.

Crow & Capture 2 - missing my intended target only to hit the new arrival & then stacking the stairs with paralyzed victims to block any help.

Also: Monday Morning Muscle-aches - feeling like I worked my butt off. I miss that daily feeling.

Also also: Constantly calling Killian by various names throughout the weekend. Killgore, McGuinness, Gilligan, Killagain...still not sure if anyone ever picked it up.

-The first conversation I had with Rowan this weekend started with her telling me, "Now, I don't think you're evil, but..." and then tells me that the stars are eating my soul.

-Saturday afternoon some of us are looking for a mine infested with crows, but we are distracted by the frozen river and start goofing off by throwing rocks
and stick at it trying to break the ice. Our laughter attracts some of the legion who think all we're being killed.

-Finding out I'd need to spend 3 build to be able to teach an NPC how to bake bread. Craftsman skill and teaching skill. Then comparing it to buying
2 more 1st and 1 more 2nd level spell slots.
"So I could either throw 3 more spells, one of which can be a magic armor capable of stopping an eviscerate...or teach somebody how to bake cookies."

-Saturday night before bed, the gypsies are talking to each other with a few non-gypsies in the cabin.
Seths Gypsy: "I hate humans!"
The human in the room: "Hey, screw you!"
Seths Gypsy: "I didn't mean any offense...no wait, yes I did!"

-The Raven fight. Prashka gets silenced and goes to Luke for a dispel, but sadly he is out. Then she grabs one of her wands and points to herself. After standing there with a blank expression
for 10-15 seconds hopelessly confused, I finaly realize she's telling me that her wand has a dispel in it and I can activate it on her, which I do, and then I run back into the battle
screaming at my enemies that I am the king of charades.

First of all thanks to all the NPC's, Plot, and Staff who made the event possible so dorks like me can go be foolish on the weekends!

Getting to play Varick finally after wanting to PC a gypsy for over a year and being unable to!

Hanging with a bunch of Gypsys all weekend!

Getting Aranin the "Hook up" on a goose.

Casting to life spells on the run and nailing both my targets perfectly. One of those was the charge to save Ashok during the final crow fight.

Potion healing Masticon as he KB'd the golem during the final fight. (Cure light potions for the win!)

Burning all my healing during the final fight.

Having the most fantastic hat in all the land! Thanks to my brothers wife Sarajane Huff who made that hat and basically all of my costume!

Getting to participate in the ceremony of the spirit telling the story was really cool.

Not KB'ing or searching a single thing all weekend and Gambling and still ending up coming out of the event with gold??? Don't ask me I don't know...

Did I mention the Gypsy thing!

I am sure I am forgetting things

Man, this event was overall one of the coolest and most interesting stories I have ever experienced, and it would never have worked as well outside of a LARP.

-Staying up until 4 in the morning with Virid and Kaela, helping her sort out her feelings on knowing her future.

-Distracting Blake so Caoimhe (Now Pvt. Hush) could waylay him, then "Activate Endow" and out the door in about 10 seconds. I think only 1 NPC saw us leave with him. The best part? It was about noon at this point, and there were at least 5-6 other PCs, and 2 other NPCs in the tavern.

-Crow interrogation scene. Chilling.

-Getting to enter no fewer than 6 distinct minds over the course of the event, for purposes both fair and...not so fair. Thank you to the PCs, NPCs, and plot who let me play this side of my character.

-Getting to use all my spells the second day, *twice*.

-The way the funeral scene came together. I was a touch worried about it, since I wasn't sure how much other players had figured out about the situation, but it came together beautifully. Fantastic application of symbolism, and incredibly cathartic. When the older Kaela's body appeared after the fight, and we processed it back to the company cabin for safe keeping, I have never found it harder to play the Stone Elf stoicism.

-The whole roleplay scene in Lilith's cabin. The vision of the final ritual, in particular.

Um... where to start? First, I guess, a humongous thank you to all the NPCs, PCs, and Plot for an amazing weekend. As I told some of you Sunday at the mexican place--you may very well have changed my mind on going back to the east coast.

As for in-game things that were awesome...

-- The Company: You guys were amazing and incredibly welcoming, and I love the nickname I earned. I honestly had to remind myself once or twice that I was not Caoimhe(Kee-va) while running around with you all. She is very much humming in approval in the back of my mind after this weekend. I am pleased to have been able to get so far into character, and to maintain it all weekend. Though, Commander Black might need to be tied up before bed next time. *wink wink*

-- Being able to waylay Blake in the middle of the Tavern in broad daylight, and no one noticing anything really. It was payback for his being rude, and incredibly exciting. The look on the Commander's face when he found out was priceless.

-- Hiking up not one, but three hills of vertical death. I'm tiny, and it wasn't terrible, but a corset and climbing a steep hill was not the most fun. But the bonding I did with Ashok, Toad and Virid was worth it.

-- The crow interrogation. JP, I'm not sure if you're my favorite person for that or not yet.

-- Aranin. You lost so badly at that argument.... Babies are not footballs. Just FYI.

...And I could think of about three trillion more things, but I have presents to make for the Company, and budget planning so I can at least have one weapon of my own for any of the next games/practices/etc... and have enough to pay and have foods.

Thanks for an epic event!

Here we go:
-Getting to be mayorcandar for a weekend was rad. I truly appreciate getting to run with it however I wanted.
-The epic mosh pit of death in the dream sequence ritual fight thing...
-Who pooped bug in our cabin?
-The wedding was super fun extra thanks to everyone who went out of there way to buy gifts for our big fake wedding. Oh btw Adam is now my hero for this: Gyr: "Violets are blue, roses are red, this is Alcandar, this is Ces, and now you are wed." EPIC
-The mind delving session with Iftikaar and Ashok, thanks to Holly for playing the mayor's mind. Thanks to Ashok for curing those jitters.
-Meeting the new players, even though I didn't get to interact with all of you.
-"Scaring off" an apprentice. Don't worry she'll be back as a panda...
-My duel with Rake and all the RP with the Legion's new friend.
-Me: "Trust fall" as I fall over on Hugh. I stand up right and Meeko the female raccoon-kin hugs me and says "It's okay I keep you up!" That was so adorable it hurt.
-Townsfolk still confusing Hugh and Alcandar for each other... Bond and I are different people, lol. :funny:
-The late night shenanigans in the Legion cabin. If you weren't there you wouldn't understand.
-The constant look of terror on Darian's face.
-The most passive aggressive 3rd person argument between Alcandar and Marcus.
-Cestiel, as we are leaving the reception: "Now, I'm going to make a woman out of him..."
-Aranin: "No you don't rip the goose apart!"
-There are far too many to keep naming but yeah, I had fun.

I had a fantastic event! I got to RP with several people who I don't normally get to speak with very much, so I loved that. Props to all the new players who had fabulous costumes and funny and/or interesting characters! I loved getting to talk to (I feel like) nearly everyone.. about three times.. and swap our various theories on what was going on. Plot certainly gave us all something to talk about.. for hours. Sunday crow field-battle was fun, scary too.

A few of my fav. moments:
-Interacting with Amanda as Kaila and Holly as Lilith. Fantastic scenes, all. Esp. the surprisingly emotional vision scene in Lilith's cabin.
-Roan's bet with Black. Poor Black.
-Having a bucket of blood gathered. Probably the most traditionally evil-sounding thing Roan has ever assisted with that totally wasn't evil.. honest.
-Learning about human marriage customs.
-An unusually kind moment with Mr. Iftikhaar
-An encounter with three slightly nefarious characters who turned out to be rather adorable about their predicament, the hand off, and the subsequent interrogation. It was all awesome. You know who you are.
-Joe's constable who I in turns wanted to strangle and then comfort. Glad I didn't strangle him.
-Generally fantastic conversations/interactions with Arannin, Masticon, Ashok, Black, Jasper/Luke, PC-Luke, on and on.

~Carmen

I had a great time, keep it up. :)

- Getting confused for Ron/Alcandar. Again.
- The eclipse on saturday morning, getting to see one of the starriest skies I've ever had the pleasure to witness.
- The elemental plane of chaos, being the only person on that mod who was completely fresh and whooping up on chaos elementals with the Earth Blade polearm
- Going slay-happy in the tavern fight, knowing I was gonna be kicking myself for tapping out my offense and then not having to. (Specifically cutting short that chaos-storm spellstrike with an eviscerate.)
- Getting an earth blade and then forgetting to call it for the entire duration, sorry Zeth.
- Friday and Saturday night story time in the Legion cabin.
- Quick mobilization for investigation of spooky bumping noises, finding nothing. >.>
- The sunday morning fight, my sweat freezing in my hair.
- Getting to fight Matt twice as our PCs. (Charm and Berzerk)
- Leading a charge and getting support!

Good times with great folks, I hope to see you all in Seattle next month, I know it'll be a blast!

-Bond/Hugh

Just a few:

Writing a depressing song-
me: What rhymes with die?
Killian: Cry!
Me: Perfect!

-The town hall meeting, me calling out Underwood in front of everybody. Underwood then completely derails everything by yelling "Who wants gold?!"
-The emotional scene with Christine and Blake, complete with shattered mug and a slap. Very fun to watch.
-Gyr's poem.
-Killian asking all the townies how we were doing. Very thoughtful of him.
-nearly killing myself from overexertion in the Sunday morning fight.

Oh so many.

-Groans from Myself and Roan when my scarecrow revived, yet again.
-Raccoons
-Raccoonzi
-Trying to keep a straight face, as the Constable, when someone comes into the Tavern, freaked out about some horrible critter getting past the Legions ward and putting a scarecrow in Alcandar's bed. And the subsequent "Oh...about that" from a gypsy.
-Our cooks.

As Zeth -

Discussions with Plot regarding exactly how much blood we could squeeze from a Blake before he died, and just how much healing I had to trade. An economy worthy of World of Darkness. :D

Alcoondar/Racoonzi/Coonhu.

Raccoon Nest!!!!!!

Zeth: Man, those lumpy thingies sure like to resist magic!
Alcandar: Yeah, I tossed a death at them, and they resisted it.
Zeth: Me too!
Alcandar -eyes wide-: YOU CAN THROW DEATH NOW?! THAT'S AWESOME! :wub2:

Ithacar for soaking up JP-Chaos-Elemental attacks while I launched my earth storm...whether or not he knew he was my meat shield. :sweat:

During Closing:
Random player giving pro - "Plot for taking all the highbies during the blue light!"
Me: "No. NO THEY DID NOT."
Matt: "Shut up, dude, take your highbie badge!" :funny:

Much, much, much thanks to Plot for an awesome storyline. I'm really glad the coons came to Oregon. :thumbsup:

One thing I wanted to mention -

I do apologize if anyone thinks I am ever ignoring or trying to skip through their negative feedback at closing. At the end of an event, I tend to be pretty frazzled, and my first instinct is always to be a bit hyper-defensive and give responses, which I think is counterproductive to the whole feedback process. So, rather than have a back-and-forth discussion about what people didn't like or felt we could have improved, I try and catalogue it all and process it later when I'm less tired and emotional. As always, we, and I specifically, always want your feedback, both negative and positive. Email it to us, send it through the owner (cymryc) or through Carmen (Roan), and we will listen to it and discuss it amongst the plot team.

Lunchbond said:
I had a great time, keep it up. :)
- Quick mobilization for investigation of spooky bumping noises, finding nothing. >.>

Was that Sat Night in the legion cabin? I wouldn't call that "quick mobilization." ;D

Lunchbond said:
Getting confused for Ron/Alcandar. Again.

I think if it happens 3x in one event we should be able to form into a super side-burned beast known only as the Hughcandar. We're like captain planet but instead of saving the planet, we just murder things. Plot, what say you? :hahaha:

First off I want to thank the NPC's and plot staff. They really helped to make my event great. There was so much that happened because of things going on in the storyline/the way the NPC's were played, and so I want to make sure I recognize them first.
As for the things that stood out!
1. Gypsies(+1)! Man, what an event. There was laughs, more laughs, some laughs, a little politics, and then some quiet because we were all tired of laughing. Then Laughs.
2. The great (terrible) pottery exchange
3. The Saturday night plan! It was great even if it was only in dreamland.
4. The Saturday night cabin conversation... It was hard to sleep with nightmares of Krieger chasing me down shaking his fist at me.
5. The great cheat! Some wanted his blood, I just wanted his handful of money.
6. Lord Gyr! He is by far my favorite noble of them all. I actually want to do things to help him out however I can.
7. The Constable and his sweet mustache and the trap that wasn't as 10 adventurers pour out of the shadows around the house
8. Blake was great, all of my interactions with Blake were great.
Black: Raganzi why don't you see if you can maybe calm him down a bit.
Raganzi: Yeah for sure, I'm great at making people happy
Raganzi: Hey buddy, not to be disrespectful, but that was pretty messed up your dad beating the heck out of you in front of everyone like that
Blake: If you don't want to be disrespectful then you should probably shut your mouth
Black: So how did it go?
Raganzi: Well, at first I thought I would try to cheer him up, but then I thought about something funny, and I guess I just sort of made fun of him. I make terrible decisions.
9. My conversation with Holly's NPC on friday night.
10. The Raccoons! They keep multiplying.

and there was so much more! What an event!

evi1r0n said:
Lunchbond said:
Getting confused for Ron/Alcandar. Again.

I think if it happens 3x in one event we should be able to form into a super side-burned beast known only as the Hughcandar. We're like captain planet but instead of saving the planet, we just murder things. Plot, what say you? :hahaha:

couldn't help but laugh at that one.

A.mungo said:
4. The Saturday night cabin conversation... It was hard to sleep with nightmares of Krieger chasing me down shaking his fist at me.
Is that what happened? I heard it was some sort of rooster...

Chasmania said:
The town hall meeting, me calling out Underwood in front of everybody. Underwood then completely derails everything by yelling "Who wants gold?!"
It was an excellent derail, because I was about to ask politely why he was refusing to pay you.

The whole event fit pretty well together for me that it's hard to pick out a few awesome moments. I really enjoyed getting to explore the implications of 2 minds in the same body, and trying to explain it to others. It was an emotional ride that left me exhilarated and exhausted.
  • The look on everyone's face after we're looking at the map and Sven rushes in, saying "Joey!" and me actually knowing all these people.
  • Friday evening with Kayla in the Company cabin and before and after. I tried to strike a healthy medium as far as information sharing, but sometimes people just don't know what they're saying... Black: "Nobody said crazy" Me: "You all screamed it without using words"
  • Breaking down at Roan as Jasper is being resurrected, knowing there's nothing I can do to console my sister, coupled with the fact that she and I aren't real anyway.
  • The parting conversation between Kayla and Lilith. Not many got to hear it, but my heart broke when they ended with, "See you tomorrow."
  • In fact, the whole ceremony prep. I'm not one who normally wears his feelings on his sleeve, but I was near to tears throughout.
  • The ceremony itself, and 2 personalities fighting to say the same thing
  • Finally, my roguey moments: under-the-table path to someone's back, tearing across the field behind enemy lines twice, other things...

Back