Event Post-Mortem

My Two Cents

First of all I want to say thank you to everyone. I didn't get to roleplay with everyone but those I did it was some stellar RP.

Now, on to the singular shout outs:

Dave as the Hunter - The most evil bastard boss a wolf scavenger had but still making Thorn like it in the end (it feels so good to be so bad...)

The scene between Johnathan, Kauss, Tharvold, & Thorn - I'd honestly forgotten Thorn's deal with Kauss about asking for the card (that's what I get for not being at game for months and months) but, considering the RP, I'm glad I did. The scene was incredible because while it was intense, it was very dramatic in that it showed very clearly each person's character. I have to say that was probably the most IC moment I had all weekend.

Changing the plan at the raid on the keep was awesome. Rifting into the middle of basically a castle full of bad guys without really knowing if back up was going to make it in time to save me from becoming a cooling corpse or really knowing if they'd care and not giving a damn either way. Props to Nate for being the bad guy once again and getting a gangland style beat down because of it.

Doing the right thing at the slave auction and having Jonathan shake Thorn's hand at the end. That was better than anything else.

Making bad guy NPCs walk extra distance before finding who they were looking for ("No, really, Shikar went down to the Battle Magic Guild just a little bit ago...hee hee hee...")

The honor duel between Thorn and the barbarian.

Trying to convince as many NPCs possible that Ironwood was *** and they should all leave with the PCs when they went back home.

All the NPCs I interacted with from the Hunter to Jim's gypsy to Mistress Alyanna (was that it?). They were all great and the acting was superb.

This was the busiest event I had. I think I had, max, about three hours of downtime (not counting the time it took to organize the keep raid) and even then I was still RPing. Thank you all. The trip was ridiculously expensive but worth every penny.

Thorn said:
First of all I want to say thank you to everyone. I didn't get to roleplay with everyone but those I did it was some stellar RP.

Now, on to the singular shout outs:

Dave as the Hunter - The most evil bastard boss a wolf scavenger had but still making Thorn like it in the end (it feels so good to be so bad...)

The scene between Johnathan, Kauss, Tharvold, & Thorn - I'd honestly forgotten Thorn's deal with Kauss about asking for the card (that's what I get for not being at game for months and months) but, considering the RP, I'm glad I did. The scene was incredible because while it was intense, it was very dramatic in that it showed very clearly each person's character. I have to say that was probably the most IC moment I had all weekend.

Changing the plan at the raid on the keep was awesome. Rifting into the middle of basically a castle full of bad guys without really knowing if back up was going to make it in time to save me from becoming a cooling corpse or really knowing if they'd care and not giving a damn either way. Props to Nate for being the bad guy once again and getting a gangland style beat down because of it.

Doing the right thing at the slave auction and having Jonathan shake Thorn's hand at the end. That was better than anything else.

Making bad guy NPCs walk extra distance before finding who they were looking for ("No, really, Shikar went down to the Battle Magic Guild just a little bit ago...hee hee hee...")

The honor duel between Thorn and the barbarian.

Trying to convince as many NPCs possible that Ironwood was *** and they should all leave with the PCs when they went back home.

All the NPCs I interacted with from the Hunter to Jim's gypsy to Mistress Alyanna (was that it?). They were all great and the acting was superb.

This was the busiest event I had. I think I had, max, about three hours of downtime (not counting the time it took to organize the keep raid) and even then I was still RPing. Thank you all. The trip was ridiculously expensive but worth every penny.

Oh, and shouting, "GO, MERCHANT, GO!" when the NPCs recoiled in horror from Kauss. It felt kind of like I had just shouted, "DWARVEN ROGUE, I CHOSE YOU!!!"

Yes, I am evil. Go away.

That WAS really funny. . . *giggle*

*Kauss steps forward, NPCs retreat in a huge wave screaming "alchemy!! alchemy!! FALL BACK!!!" Kauss starts throwing. . . "GO MERCHANT GO!!!"*

Favorite bits...

Ah ha! I knew it! I thought you were faking that whole feather thing. You'll never fool me! (Don't forget the chess set next time).

My favorite bits were:

Not getting fooled by the gypsies.

Being persuaded to bleed out. Damn that was foolish.

Watching Sade the Warlord hunting for MWE husbands amongst the PCs, and then intimidating the entire lot, who were too afraid to attack him even though he was completely alone. There must have been 12 PCs. At one point, we had him completely surrounded!

Hearing about the barbarian treasure walking off the battlefield. It must have been most of the proceeds from the slave auction.

Helping to bring the threads together for the attack on the Keep. Learning one-by-one the victims of the Warlord Sade, made members of his harem, and how each led to a disgruntled faction willing to assist in his overthrow.

Watching all the looting taking place in the big battle at the Keep, then listening to everyone lie through their teeth in game about how much they did or didn't get, and then wringing the truth out of them out of game. Most amusing was finding out who walked away with the lion's share of Sade's treasure (50+ gold, and my lips are sealed). My conclusion: vulturing is the norm, not the exception.

Witnessing Kauss scoff at 20 gold worth of loot and walk away from it -- he must be one helluva rich dwarf. And then learning on what scale he plays the game. By watching Phil, I have found a new appreciation for what goes on behind the scenes and between events. And I'm sure I only noticed the tip of the iceburg.

Oh yes, and finding out that Restore Limb will not cure a eunoch.

I think I've just discovered a new appreciation for your skills of observation...

MacGhille Eoine said:
"Chatting" with Seans mwe (Olen?)..finding out that Perrin's described as "silent but deadly" (got a chuckle outta that one )

Barbar fight. Many spells dodged (Nate..dude...get a better throwing arm:p)

*Excellent* scenes that were defnining moments for some characters...

Purchasing a slave (?!)

And finally, the look on Shikars face at *one particular moment*....(and you know what I mean, Dan)

...and one more thing....

Realizing that I'm just a 5th wheel, til somebody needs a meatshield. :confused:

Yeah, you're a meat shield and I'm a healing battery. That's life man.

Hey, healers are damn important! I am usually the cleric whenever I play D&D.

MacGhille Eoine said:
...and one more thing....

Realizing that I'm just a 5th wheel, til somebody needs a meatshield. :confused:

One man's meat shield is another man's someone who he trusts to watch his back. When Thorn asked Perrin to come along ever, it's never to be a meat shield. I mean, Thorn does that well enough by himself. 8)

Thorn said:
One man's meat shield is another man's someone who he trusts to watch his back. When Thorn asked Perrin to come along ever, it's never to be a meat shield. I mean, Thorn does that well enough by himself. 8)

Uhh..thanks? I think?

*channeling Sally Field*...you like me! You really, really LIKE me!! :D

Spoone

Back