Event: Queen's Gambit, May 31st-June 2nd

Inaryn

Knight
The Queen’s Gambit

"All war is deception." - Sun Tzu

Foundation and Magistarium alike take their positions at Widow’s Mark, each eyeing the mortals with a balance of curiosity and trepidation; an unknown participant can change the whole of the game.

Elsewhere

Scald’s blazing form licked down the molten rock to Her Armory, searching for Phlogiston. He danced through the steam and flames to enter.

“Quartermaster, I have news for you.”

Phlogiston’s burning face twisted in a grimace at the title. “Yes, Scald.”

“Lieutenant Scald, sir.”

“Very well, yes Lieutenant Scald.”

“She is sending us Lady Cacophony,” Scald continued, his flames jumping higher as his excitement grew.

“Will Cacophony bring the Strident Contrivance?”

“I… I do not even know what that is, Quartermaster.” Again Phlogiston grimaces, this time at the ignorance.

Several motes erupt from the Quartermasters fiery palm and float in the hot air. “Very well, since you are here, Lieutenant Scald, I need you to take this map to the mortals.” Phlogiston produced a decorative black cylinder. “Be careful.”

“Yes, Quartermaster,” Scald replied, taking the motes and cylinder and rifting away.

Phlogiston chuckled to himself. “The Surgeon will be livid,” he muttered. “It should prove to be an interesting few cycles.”

Meanwhile elsewhere…

The gray figure entered the Chamber of Zenith and approached the gray figure seated among the slatted lanterns that lit the immaculate hall.

“Apical, Chief of Categorization, Controller of Classification, Crown of Codification, Dynast of Distribution, High Head of Harmony, Imperator of Iteration, Magnate of Method, Overlord of Order, Pasha of Pattern, Potentate of Procedure, Prime of Planar, Ruler of Recursion, Sovereign of Sequence, Supervisor of Symmetry, Suzerain of System, Ukase of Uniformity and Vanguard of Verdictum – We come before the Zenith of Our Existence to present Our report on Widow’s Mark. Those of the foundations and their allies disport freely now in the area. Mortals also dwell at the Widow’s Mark, most of them not native to the realm’s continent. Among them are curious sources of power. Angana and Tenki the Sempiternal have surely discerned the existence of this potential advantage by this mark of the current cycle. The Egregious Anathema must not gain sway over this resource.

Without moving the seated being spoke. “Concordance resonates throughout Us. We send Adjuror JFF with sets YZ, IOB, XKL, and XPD to assess the mortals of Widow’s Mark. In addition We remove Dictum A Prime of Set EYS from Set EYS and Aphorist A of Set JMT from Set JMT and connect those components with Adjuror JFF creating Set LLDV. Adjuror JFF shifts to Adjuror A Prime of Set LLDV. Uninterrupted productivity, Maxim A of Set A.”

“Uninterrupted productivity, Apical,” the gray figure replied. It then turned and left as smoothly as it had entered.

Meanwhile elsewhere…

“I do not want to go, Avensis,” the young man pleaded.

“It is the best course of action before you, Justin. I can no longer play at being your father. I can no longer be your teacher. My purpose has found its footing once again. It is too dangerous for you to remain with me. You must make your own way in the world, such as it is.”

“I’m frightened.”

“Then you are wise, but the facts have not changed just because you are frightened. You will find ones among the new who can teach you, aid you. Perhaps even help restore your memories.”

“Do you think so? Honestly?”

“There is only one way to find out.”

Pre-registration for Alliance San Francisco's May 31st - June 2nd 2013 weekend event, The Maelstrom - Queen's Gambit, is open!

Price:
  • Member PC: $80 at the door. $70 if pre-registered by Friday, May 24th at 11:59 PM.
  • Non-Member PC: $90 at the door. $80 if pre-registered by May 24th.
  • Cast/Crew: $0. (Food is included, but we recommend you bring some extra snacks and drinks.)

Please use the pre-registration form located here to register for the event. If you wish to pre-pay for the event, you may do so here. Please remember that if you plan to pay on arrival you will need to bring cash, as we do not take checks or credit cards at the door.

Registered Players:
Patrick R*
Victoria G
Megs O
Terrance S
Mike A
Ranvier
Lytheria
Adam S
Leigh-Ann M
Alex S
Shane R
Cooksey
Cat W
Ryan G
Megan P
Brian R
Ryan P
Chris F
Rose W
Ferdd L
Brandon L
Neil E
Kim D
Warlock
S. Rain M
Cymryc
Vanessa G
Madhawk
Lauren Y
Ali B
Isaac H
Raine M
Tysa R

Registered Cast/Crew:
ElviaNidia G
Mariko
Grant W
Bobby
Sarah
Dan
Greg
Jim
Andrew

Current Incomplete Pre-registrations:

*need card

Please see Logistics and You for more information on what is required to complete your pre-registration and remember that you will need to bring all related tags to logistics, or logistics will not be able to check you in. This includes magic item tags, spell and production books, and workshop tags. Any magic items being brought to game not pre-registered or checked in at your first logistics of the weekend will not be able to be used for that weekend.

When you arrive:
When you arrive on site please go directly to logistics to check in before unloading and setting up. We will not be having opening ceremonies this weekend; you will be in game as soon as you are checked in and in costume. Any relevant pre-game information will be distributed with your check-in packet.

Action will start around 8PM on Friday.

Food:
Our meal plan for PCs costs $20 for the weekend. You MUST pre-register in order to buy into the meal plan. The pre-registration interface has an option to both be included and let us know about any dietary restrictions. There is an additional cost of 2 silver per meal in game to the kitchen staff (and if you can't pay that, talk to them about helping out in the kitchen.) Water will be available to everyone for free at all times. Other drinks may be available for a small in game charge. We really need Cast/Crew to pre-register for the event as well so that we can estimate food needs; in the event we run short Cast/Crew that pre-register will be fed before those who do not. The menu for the weekend is as follows:

• Friday night
    • Pasta with Bolognese sauce or marinara sauce for a vegetarian option - (Pasta, Marinara sauce, ground beef, Italian sausage, Parmesan cheese)
  • Saturday breakfast
    • Pancakes (chocolate chip)
    • Bacon
    • Eggs
  • Saturday Lunch
    • Do-it-yourself peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, fruit, hard boiled eggs and snacks
  • Saturday Dinner
    • Thai Curry with chicken over rice - (Chicken, potatoes, carrots, peanuts, apples, coconut milk and curry spices) (This is not a spicy curry, but there will be thai peppers and spices to add if people want their curry hotter. )
    • Vegetarian Thai curry - (Butternut squash, potatoes, carrots, peanuts, apples, coconut milk and curry spices)
  • Saturday Night Dessert
    • Chocolate brownies with peanut butter chips
  • Sunday Morning
    • Leftovers, and dry breakfast foods, oatmeal and snacks.

The Tavern will have coolers with ice water and Kool-aid drink mix all weekend. People should bring reusable bottles to fill up at the coolers. There will also be coffee available if you talk to the Kitchen staff.

If you need food during the weekend please come see us, we have snacks and there may be leftovers available so come see us if you need food.

Meal Plan Requests:
Patrick R
Victoria G
Megs
Terrance
Mike A
Ranvier
Lytheria
Adam S
Leigh-Ann M
Alex S
Cooksey
Cat W
Ryan G
Brain R
Chris F
Rose W
Ryan P
Ferdd L
Brandon L
Kim D
Warlock
Cymryc
Isaac H
Raine M

Sleeping Arrangements
Like last event, sleeping arrangements for this weekend will be different than usual. We have four eight-bed cabins available for PC use. To request a cabin please email logistics@alliancesf.net. Priority will be given to groups and to out-of-state visitors without other sleeping arrangements. If you are requesting a cabin for a group please have everyone in your group preregister before submitting your request. Due to the limited sleeping space for this weekend we will be filling any unclaimed beds Friday night on a first-come, first-served basis.

If the cabins fill up or if you prefer to sleep elsewhere, there will be campsites and perma-tents available. In the case of camping-unfriendly weather we may open up additional beds, but do not plan on it. Remember to bring extra bedding if you are using the perma-tents; the cots are comfortable but not particularly insulating.

Cabin 1: Ashen Spire
1. (Ferdd)
2. Tevas
3. Ranvier
4. Lytheria
5. Yama
6. Jareth
7. Noelle
8. (Rose)

Cabin 2:
1. Patrick R
2. S. Rain M.

Cabin 3: Sign of the Raven
1. Leigh-Ann
2. Adam S
3. Shane R
4. Cymryc

Cabin 4: Raven2
1. Lauren Y
2. Ali B
3. Isaac H
4. Raine M

Cook's Room: Staff
Director's Room: Staff
Bunk Room #1: Cast/Crew
Bunk Room #2: Cast/Crew Overflow

Week and a half to go for pre-registration.

If I have not received a pre-reg from you, you will not appear on the cabin request list.

Be advised! The mosquitoes are well and thriving up the hill. Bug spray and citronella candles are going to be your friend.

Pre-registration for this event ends tomorrow night!

I will be extremely busy over the week. In the past, I have generally been able to assemble late pre-registers. However, that will not be likely this time around. A late reg is better than no reg, as I can assemble it in between players, but on time is best!

Pre-registration is definitely closed. Yup. Definitely.

Cabin requests may still be made from those who have pre-registered. All other cabin space and perma-tents are first come, first serve.

If you would like a space in the cabins and have not pre-registered, please speak to the people currently assigned to them.

Raven may be asked to condense if the need arises. *knock on wood*

Back