Event Review: Dungeon Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKitty

Scholar
I hope that everyone enjoyed this years Dungeon Run! Remember to get those IBGA's in! :)
Now it means that it's that time again to ask for your thoughts on the event!

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

Review for Randy/Ruki Lanark

1. I had quite a bit of fun! Getting torn a new one by Kai....and then Tengu...and then Boris.....basically, I just got into a lot of trouble with other PCs! I also had fun interacting with Einaar, who tried to get me pumped up and ready for the run! Our run itself was also a lot of fun. And then NPCing? So much fun! It was cool getting to try another type of character. And then almost TPKing Illandra's team? Sorry....

2. While I enjoyed most of the event, I felt that our run was a little short.

3. More loot! I liked getting treasure :D

4. "No, Siegart, I'm a married man," I shout as I awake on a cold floor. Stripped of all my belongings, I look around...there seems to be a very angry and armed elf in front of us....this can't be good.

Last edited:
1. Everyone was super helpful to a complete n00b. Willing to train, willing to RP. Everyone was willing to share some plot and some secrets, so I had lots of opportunities to get involved.
2. Feeling unable to significantly contribute in the dungeon. The team, the NPCs and the marshals were all super helpful of course, and there were a couple moments i helped out, but it might be nice to have a n00b run, where new players can go through and try out their skills in a less challenging scenario. I learned a bunch, but it was steep curve.
3. Not sure. I had a full happy day.
4. I scrambled back through the rooms, through the cavern, looking for Kai, who I had heard cry out. I couldn't find her, but when I turned back - the Dislocater Beast was there, moving towards me. I had no choice but run. It trailed me all the way out, toying with me. It was only when out I realized that I still had Scarlett's crossbow on my belt. Sure hope he didn't need it.

Hezekiah

Review from Liz(OOG)/Arlyne Caran

Dungeon Run! I liked it, learned alot from observing Sarryn and Garridan on how to approach traps and from Darien on how to avoid the blast. I liked NPCing, trying to get people down was fun! I really like seeing how things run in between runs from PCing to NPCing. I would like to thank Rachel for helping me figure out my character :)
Xamot scaring off the "goblin" when she was re-enacting the rotten-tomato/banana scene. Everyone in the tavern clapped and cheered after that.
Surprisingly being in a smaller room I found myself being more comfortable and able to approach people.
I do tend to agree with Hezekiah in regards to having a n00b run, but at the same time, it would be up to the n00bies to gather the group together. Other than that, I dont really have any to report back :)
It was a jammed-pack day of fun, no complaints here :))
Yetta! You are so helpful with getting me set up before my run. I thank you for all your advise (and I am sure I will seek your counsel again!)
Sarryn is very attentive to the dialogue during the run.
Garridan, Sarryn, Xamot & Cato really like to drink! Can you remember any of those drinks? xD
Everyone was super helpful when I asked :D thanks everyone!

1. Post your favourite moments

The beginning of our mod was interesting. We were left without weapons and nothing.

I can't think of anything right now.

I think for my character the opportunity to help the elf that was prisoner get out was good. My character is not really into killing after all.

Kanask elf: You killed my brother

Bota: I am sorry your brother died but assure you I killed no one. I just came back to town and I am actually trying to find out who killed Aedwyn

The Kanask elf starts running after me and attack me. I have nothing left on me but luckily I can still use magic. Keeping the elf away

I tried to convince him I was not a killer but he was too upset to listen.

Philippe

Last edited:
Tyler/Phalaenopsis

Basically everything about the night was great. Lots of RP, hilarious NPCs, and the run was wonderful even though we went last and everyone was tired. <3

Hmm... I know it couldn't really be helped, given how many groups had to go through and what time of day we started, but having all the runs done a little earlier so there wer more people left to RP with after would have been nice. I know everyone worked really hard to speed things up, though, so hugs to all for that.

Um... I'm not sure. The NPCs this time around were pretty awesome, even if a few of them got on our nerves or distracted people from conversations. Not sure how much of it was made up on the spot, but I rather enjoyed hearing about the Goblin Dragon that had a Watermelon breath attack.

'Is... Is that all?' Phalaenopsis wondered. They'd gone through the manor rather quickly, and met what felt like only meagre resistance. He felt a little bad about the cooks and servants dying, as he was pretty sure they weren't involved in whatever dispute had brought them here to clear threats from the place, but he supposed safe was better than sorry. Still, though, it all seemed rather too easy; he hadn't even had use for the trinket he'd borrowed from Scarlett, though the necklace from Elachaé had come in handy. The squatters lay dead, and it was time to leave; with a last glance, he pondered whether the world was really as dangerous as he considered it to be, and whether or not he'd just been lucky.

Last edited:
1. One can actually get tipped for playin' guitar. Go figure.
2. Yes, this cane is both in game and out of game, thanks for asking >_<
3. Loooot. And crazy fishbowling NPCs in the tavern
- I represent an organization who needs strong fit workers as woodcutters, - the charming sarr purred at me, conveniently overlooking the cane next to my seat, - so, how do you feel about making some coin? There's a small test of physical endurance involved, of course.
- Need healers or doctors perchance? - I raise an eyebrow at her, - while I don't have anything against manual labour, I'm sure my skills should be put to a better use than that.
- Oh no, we are set, we only need the actual labourers, - she's adamantly refusing to take the hint. Did I step into mint or something?
- I'm afraid I'd be of little help to you, darling, but see that poor gentleman buried under the rambunctious miwee? His name is Boda, and I'm positive your offer should pique his interest...
She's finally gone. Now Boda got two crazies in his lap. Hmm... I don't think I'll ever understand the dryads...

Uhm... Sorry? Or you're welcome?

- Getting hit with two Spellstrike: death and neither of them going through.
- Putting down Kemler with a 90 magic assassinate(Oh so satisfying)
- The epic battle between Shatravar and the panthergast/displacer-beast
- Unloading Whisper(my crossbow) on a room of minions
- Finding out that you can combine Armor tags(seriously... you'd think of all people I would know that)
- Having my new armor's value being marshaled for 35points!
- after getting killed as my npc hearing "YOU KILLED THE COOK" come from the next room lol

(these are all me problems, they have nothing todo with the actual game, it was all spectacular)

- Being a front line tank. (seriously... it was so tiring, props to all the FLT mains... But I'm a Ranger...)
- Having Hezekiah peace out with my crossbow. Next time I'ma just keep it on me.

- Being out at the breach where I can actually run around. TBH I'm sooooo sick of indoor combat.

Scarlet walks through the front door of the tavern fully clad in his new armor. He makes eye contact with Hamish as he passes by and starts to ascend upstairs. He looks over his shoulder back at Hamish, who has a grin from ear to ear. "Now that's a real outfit!" he calls to Scarlet. Scarlet looks back at him and calls. "Yeah, now no one will think Ima rogue ever again!"

- Logan-Thomas Stevenson
player number: 150
Character: Scarlet

Last edited:
-Interacting with some new folks. Barely escaping our dungeon run after being overwhelmed.

Forgetting to about my spellshield. Outside that everything was good.

Loot :)

Upon getting hit with a bind spell and seeing all my companions hit with that spell as well. We decided to flee the area. After backtracking we noticed their was 3 of us. We wait for a moment then our other companions were back with us with of the attackers whom was casting from both schools of magic. He let us go and we made our way back to the tavern. All survived thankfully.

Brian/Nakor

I looted ! ( nothing, but hey, I finally got to loot ) and getting decent armor points too :D

Just me, I lost myself before the end and wasn't sure where to find my RP,

Interesting town, here, some nice people.. good to know people. The kind that can stay with an elf her long life, even if they aren't always there..
May have to come ashore more often, practice the new recipes from Phalaenopsis, maybe join a team for this Festival of Crows.. Good company on the ship, good company ashore, Elachaé can't help but feel she's in a good place, hope for the future blossoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back