Event review: Giovanni`s Wonders and Horrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dramm a'dan

Scholar
Post your review for a "Giovanni`s Wonders and Horrors"
1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Gives us a moment from the perspective of your character

Reviews got you 15 gs, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

Last night was, for me, probably the best Tavern night so far. Period.
Probably because I put more in, I got more back. (A reminder to us all!)
But just to be clear, Isawda was CONCERNED with people wearing black and carrying all those scary weapons. He was never AFRAID! <grin>
Thank you team NPC! Great balance with the undead! Tough enough to need Life Spells but not so tough that people felt frustrated or useless. That is the hard to hit sweet spot and you nailed it!
1 - I got to be he first to take a knee for our first Lord of Parsons Breach!
2 - Nothing comes to mind...
3 - Active response to hits (got it, argh!).
4 - Backed into the corner of the Inn, Isawdas' heart was racing. The room was awash in suspicious looking characters! Many wearing black, most armed to the teeth, and some even with bared steel in hand. There were a few faces that might be trusted. Third, who had saved Isawda's like in the fields. Hammish who had often kept the Sherriff from being stuck down. Garridan who had defended our body from the undead.
If really are Third, Hamish and Garridan! And if they were not being controlled for some dark propose!

1. Receiving the book, the title, and the prospect of actually retaking my homeland was kinda epic to me. The fact everyone wanted to show me respect, and was questioning how the etiquette worked was neat too.

2. I can hit the broad side of a barn, and even always get it within 10cm of where I throw, but jeeeez those baskets/tape were KILLING me.

3. I would like to see more of the intrigue that was brought when people were investigating things. Between Frost Giants, Roses, Symbols, Houses, and other things in game that people should try to find out more about... it was a fun intrigue night for me.

4. After a brief conversation, slowly moving back into the Tavern, Mobeus felt the break of his Poison Shield. He stopped briefly, and slowly turned around, seeing only friendly faces behind him made him concerned that perhaps he have been too trusting of other members of the breach. To be so bold to attack a newly appointed noble with poisons seemed a great threat. Alas, without much to go on, he approached the table of the group he has crested into the domain of the Vampire Duke, where they were dividing things within them. Mobeus quietly warned them of someone attempting to poison him, as they were giving out items. Mobeus took a Poison Shield elixir from the earnings and drank it with haste. Moments later a Sheepkin approached offering the 3 of Parson's Breach's council a drink. Both the Squire and the Sheriff accepted quite readily but Mobeus shook his head and offered thanks for the offer. Who knew only moments later, both would be under the affects of some great maladies? Clearly... Warnings were given, we must be more vigilant in case we drink something that would put us down and not only cause us discomfort.

1. I enjoyed on some level guarding the door for dunbow and Hamish. The sheepkins flirting and Mars trouble turning her down was a great time. Then there was the quiet moment I had with morrigan(yes it really happened) when I had run low on energy and needed to just sit and think for a couple minutes. the baskets once opened up to the archers where definitely a fun game and great practice. also that fight at the end was beautifully done with a good balance of difficulty I never felt overwhelmed or completely outclassed. it had just enough danger to keep me on my toes.

2. the only even pseudo negative I had was that I had none of the skills really needed for the games till the baskets opened up to archers. that's a small complaint on my part though and not something I'd mention if I wasn't trying to fill out all the sections :)

3. pretty much everything this was a really well paced and entertaining tavern

4. I bid ariana kneel again working with clovers hammer to repair her armor as our compatriots dealt with what I hoped was the last of the undead scum. As I work they drove the scum into a corner unfortunately it was the corner beside me and he had a clear path past the crowd to me and ariana. I felt my muscles tense as I worked praying he would not interrupt the repair as he had moments before. looking up I caught thirds eyes and nodded my head towards the gap with a nod in response he shifted closing the gap and providing me and ariana with the time needed to finish the repair.

Last edited:

1. Post your favorite moments - Walking through the darkened streets of Calanhelm, following closely behind the Fatespinner, the two of us with our cloaks drawn closely against the cold I'm starting to feel like I have a place with this community. I am able to help when needed and have been able to offer my support, mind, muscle and power in the defense of those I am learning to love. I've been feeling more and more that I'm starting to fold into this whole larp scene and everyone both on the PC side and the plot/NPC side have done such an amazing job of this. Thank you so much

2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix) - "Hmmmm, these games are interesting, however if I miss any of those baskets throwing my power, people could die because I don't have the full spellbook." My only complaint was something that I'm sure was purposeful, but I felt as an earthweaver we didn't have any games that got to show off our skills since we wouldn't risk the loss of power on trivial games.

However!!! I must say that this exact problem helped me create my own game, the game of who has the most awesome and generous friends?! I did end up able to choose an item from the top tier at the prize table, while never playing a single game :) So thank you guys for being so awesome!

3. What you would like to see more of - I love seeing the NPC's actually get to Roleplay with us, some of the veteran players were actually pointing out which of the kin where part of the show last year :D

4. Gives us a moment from the perspective of your character - Chuckling at Saryn's joke I catch a glimpse of the sherif about fifteen feet behind him acting funny... It looks almost as if he lipped someone off before leaving his table, even Hamish and Mobeus seem a little perturbed that the sherif had gotten up to leave... "Pardon me Saryn, I need to, uhh...." I fade off as I make my way towards Isawda, he's a close friend and the greatest mentor I've met in these strange lands so if something is the matter, I'm going to get to the bottom of it.

1 - Derya achieved her personal mission and got away -mostly- scott free. :D The rumours about Derya being pregnant with Az'Caine's baby took off way more than I thought they would (And Rory wasn't even there to hear it :( ) and then the egg laying thing and...man.. Derya was the subject of some strange topics. It made me giggle which made it a bit hard for her to act as haughty and perturbed as she should have been, but it was great fun! All the NPCs were absolutely fantastic as per the usual. And, Crow, Sarryn and I paying for going to find where I put my cup so we could get water actually amused me as well. Most dangerous drink ever O_O

2 - Uhhhhhhhhm. I suck at Operation? I didn't really have any concerns.

3 - Intrigue, rumours, rp, all of it! :D

4 - Derya was chatting with some of her 'friends', though she was grouchily refusing the acknowledge them as that tonight. Between the rumours and the shifting around of her items..Her MOTHER'S BOW! *censored for string of Elven swears*..she decided to be upset with her friends tonight. That, however, quickly became forgotten as she saw Isawda surrounded in a corner, acting strange. First concern gripped her. Are we under attack? And then she noticed Hammish nearly falling out of his seat. A hand shot up to her mouth, stiffling a giggle, though she managed to pass it off as shock and concern. She turned her silly grin to Hammish, pointing out that he looked as if he had had too much to drink, hoping that could explain her amusement to any casual onlookers. They'd likely be mad, but it was looking like she was in the clear. She didn't like having anyone pull rank over her who didn't truly deserve it. (Tides, even when her mother and father had, it irked her.) But now her revenge was complete and she could release the grudge. It was too bad Mobeus had had a poison shield up.

1. Post your favorite moments

Even though I never played it as a kid I'm a natural at operation. Always knew my affinity is for rogue.

Isawda being "concerned".

Brilliantly leveled battle.

A rumour Malithon could appreciate, get "excited" (for her) about, & perhaps dig her teeth into. R the red roses fishy smelling perhaps?

2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
Unfortunately I didn't do at all well at the baskets. Never fear comrades, I rarely do so poorly in battle. While in battle, targets move, but they r larger.

3. What you would like to see more of

Something I saw at a Con for a rogue test. Ropes & bells structure. I have an idea how to build.

4. Gives us a moment from the perspective of your character

Finally something fascinating has been reported. Roses, growing in winter!?

"Commander? Captain? Dunbow. Is that right? I don't know military terms or ranks."
"It's Colonel."
"I'll try to remember."
"The report of roses in Parson's Breach, are they growing in the snow or just been placed?"
"Growing through the snow",
"Fascinating! I've tried to achieve many various forms of roses, & I've succeeded at...."

(& Colonel Dunbows eyes glaze over but for the animation & obvious excitement Malithon is displaying.)

It was fun finding a spark in her. She may just end up in Parson's Breach after all. So not in her original plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back