Event Review: (June) Fantastic Fae and Where to Find Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

mythic

Baron
REMINDER: IBGA'S ARE DUE SUNDAY June 24th

**NPCs - Do not post here. Let us know if you had any highlights or concerns in the NPC FB group. Thanks! **

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. (New)- What were your thoughts on the PA systems (both in the commons and in the LAIR area)
5. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

The centipede lair was a really cool twist on big "solo" monsters that are still a threat while it's a technical "one vs. many"
Lethality! I've always been one of the most vocal people saying that when death is so cheap, it should be more common. And I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I wasn't happy about seeing more deaths this game, regardless of who took them. Death, especially when you come right back, opens up a lot of roleplaying opportunities.

After immediately saying that I'm happy about the increased lethality, I'll immediately turn around and complain. My first death this weekend was well-earned - it was a scenario that I could have taken steps to prevent, several times, up until the last moment, and worked out excellently. No complaints on that one. My second death felt like a bit of a kick in the nuts, as there really wasn't anything anyone could have conceivably done to prevent it, combining a voice radius paralysis (i think the 3rd or 4th to come out that fight) with an arcane qualifier shatter spirit. No defenses, no player intervention, no opportunity to be rescued, just a quick trip to the circle without anything else to say. I understand that sometimes them's the breaks and I don't want to dispute it, and NPCs often have to bust out effects that can't be defended against, but I think that kind of combination is a dangerous precedent to set.

I like genuinely hateable villains, where things are cut and dry with who to point your sword at. Subtlety and grey morality are interesting tools sometimes, but it was good to see some genuine consensus on "yeah that one's evil, let's stab it" this event. I'm always in favour of seeing more of that.

4. (New)- What were your thoughts on the PA systems (both in the commons and in the LAIR area)
Loved the PA systems, they really helped a lot with the immersion.

The first thing Pigeon could feel was a dull pain in the back of his head and an emptiness in the pit of his stomach, different from the usual sensation of hunger. He was still hungry, of course, and also buck naked sitting in a circle of power (with a few bemused onlookers), but it felt like there was some part of him deep inside that had been ripped away and was never coming back. It was mildly concerning.

Dimly aware that there were no sounds of battle from the area, he scanned the Earthweaver pavilion and spotted a pile of his assorted belongings. Nodding at the dryad at the edge of the circle (who gave him and his nude body a Look, waggling her eyebrows), Pigeon stepped out of the circle of power and began garbing himself. His thoughts were a jumbled mess, still a bit hazy from the resurrection, but he very clearly remembered the smug face of his killer, and that idiotic pointed hat. That was twice, now. The first time, he had been equal parts terrified and furious. This time, it had left him strangely calm, though the grip on his swords was perhaps a bit tighter than it needed to be. He double-checked his gear, let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding, and stepped out into the noonday sun, filled with a renewed purpose.

Utilizing my new "magic"armor maybe 2 hours after it was fast and it being my only reason for getting out of the dark reaches alive.
Listening to Çerec/Sam go full out charisma style trying to deal with a group loggers, brought the right elf second time.
Finally getting to reconnect with Stigs semi mentor then , oddly enough, the loss of him by Al'zoons hand. Gives more severity to the story by loss of higher lvl NPCs that are on our side.

Hmmm. I got nothing really. Maybe just there seems to be some mix up in story when a writer isn't present for game and Nov direction gets a little muddled. But for me it's not to much of an issue cause I usually try to discuss stuff after for clarification, both ways, so things can work out.
Oh maybe consistency in Nov characters. I know you guys can't always habe the exact same npcs playing stuff cause not everyone can always make it to game but more actions of an Npc. Like the dragon construct has been very different each time I've seen it. Damage has been drastically changing but maybe it's getting stronger. Talon freaked out this time cause it spoke more then one constant word and it used to have glowing eyes the first time. Maybe it's just changing and I'm seeing nitpicky for no reason but just felt strange when things are different with no known reason.

Props and decor. The sound system helped a lot but sometimes it's hard to imagine walking through say a door into along hall way when it's just a marshal standing there saying "I'm a door. It's open" pointing to a short path (Gwen you were a good door though)

Sound helps SLOT

"JINN. GO NOW"
Stig yells seeing an opening for Jinn, last to leave yazigs realm other then stig, to slip past the dragon construct and make it through the portal.
Jinn, seamingly reluctant, runs as he had said he would go last as he was leading the group but Stig knew he would make it safe and it would create a hopefully large enough space for stig to get past as the construct would be distracted.
The space opens and Stig runs with all he has. Mere steps from the portal Stig gets ready to activate his mark to allow him passage back through the portal and he's nearly knocked down by a massive blow crashing into his back. Thankfully Thistle had preformed a ritual to his new armor earlier, which makes it withstand more blows for a time, that he had activated when they found the construct standing guard in front of the portal. Stig tries to move faster as the construct was now appon him but just then he feels another massive blow to his arse launch him into the air towards the portal, he strikes his mark and sees a flash as he passes through landing on the ground skidding to a stop.
"Stigandr... are you alright"
He hears a voice the gives him a tiny chill as it usually does, rolls over and sees the Arch Mage looking down at him with concern.
With a deep sigh of relief he mumbled
"Yes....Thistle? Thanking for new Armor. It help"

When Elechaine (sorry i know i got that wrong) Talon and myself took a little walk and came across the insta-mod Double or Nothing. we stood there debating and decided WTH it was a nice surprise being able to get double protects and double healing(the pros) but it had its downside...especially for poor Talon. it came in very handy in that Centipede Lair mod. Also had the opportunity to perform my second resurrection. i felt much more comfortable with myself and my character's abilities this month. it was a blast

Perhaps i think the least fave moment was the escape from Whehoon(think i spelled that right) lair. the escape idea was really good...but the doing it through the mud. but we can blame that on the weather.

I know it was very difficult to do a lot of things due to lack of people in NPC. But as was mentioned before it was knowing the really bad guys just by looking at them...you do need the ones that have ulterior motives that you have to guess by talking to them..but yeah nothing like knowing 'thats the Bad guy..get ready to rumble'

it was great to have that multi sensory effect. but dayum saturday morning with the high pitch tin whistle :)

Sitting at the fire Ruby showed up looking for people to play with her and Hamish piped up saying that none of the Home Guard are allowed to play. He told Ruby they have to remain in top condition but then
after a few words back and forth Ruby cursed Hamish with Intoxication (i believe that's what it was) and as she flitted away...over her shoulder Ruby adds 'Enjoy the next 5 days!'

Returning to see all your beautiful faces! Ranking up in the sanctum, feeling like i've actually earned the respect of some of my peers, fighting the wolves sin the rain was super bad ***!! This event was super emotional for Jinn, as im sure everyone noticed. He was trying to bring back his happiness, but is now ever worse down the rabbit hole. The time Jinn and Kumari got to spend together was good even under those circumstances. Totally rocking the stealth dark reaches mod felt really good!

I just have one. The wild hunters were explained to me, so I didn't know I needed a card or star rankings, or that I would be going to NPC camp after. So I took 4 or 5 people to hunt a level 6 wolf and it seemed kind of pointless... but i did get to be a caterpillar after and whoop some pc ***. I would like some higher level lower star hunts so I can rank up and also not be bored while I do it.

more things for me to stab or skin. More decorations would also be awesome

LOVED IT!!! I loved every sounds coming out of it, it really helped setting the scene

ok so you get more then 1 because... damn... this event

Jinn sits there silently, listening to Elwynd preform the resurrection. Trembling from anger, it was like even nature itself felt his rage as the sky's opened and the storm brewed overhead. Hail and rain pounded the ground around them as Elwynd's soothing words helped the spirit reform. After what felt like a life time Kumari was finally sitting there before him, and Jinn rose to his feet. Walking into the circle he pulled her into a tight hug and (literally) fighting back tears he whispered into her ear "I can never do that again"

then here's another

Jinn scans the battleground and he spots Alzoon standing over a fallen Kumari. With an evil smile, eyes locked with Jinn's the whole time, the dragon mage delivers a killing blow. Jinn's eyes go wide, and a horrible sound escapes his throat. Screaming with rage he charges at Alzoon, swinging his swords wildly. Rage had fully taken him, and he would personally see this evil's head separated from it's body

Jinn scans the battleground and he spots Alzoon standing over a fallen Kumari. With an evil smile, eyes locked with Jinn's the whole time, the dragon mage delivers a killing blow. Jinn's eyes go wide, and a horrible sound escapes his throat. Screaming with rage he charges at Alzoon, swinging his swords wildly. Rage had fully taken him, and he would personally see this evil's head separated from it's body

<3

Apparently the face I made was pretty sweet

So THAT'S Al'zoon.

Evo does the finest interpretive dances.

Surgical little stealth missions that end with a few spotty memories and a drunk necromancer.

2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix.

Nothing I wanna air in public.

I didn't notice the usual plethora of hucksters and traders we usually get, which I'm chalking up to low npc numbers.

I like that we're finding raw production materials now.

Can I use my ibga to stab that ******* with the flute? Or at least to get Jinn to stop tipping him?

"Oh ****, Johm get up."

He heard shouts and the sounds of people suddenly roused, and as he sat up and lifted his hood, he laid eyes on a gnoll. A few bloody moments later he sauntered around the corner humming, only to see that damned pointy hat come strolling through the town gates like he owned the place.

"Ahhhhh ****"

~Marty

The fight in the downpour was epic.

Nothing really jumps to mind.
THe Spire mods were great. The way they were done, it really felt like we were exploring an extensive series of rooms.

Loved it. The mosic got a little loud Saturday morning, but that's just us getting used to the system.

"Screw it, let's live dangerously."
Opens Chest
Boom!

The battle in the rain was amazing being able to charge across the field and fight in the downpour. The battle that night was also great... I really felt the thrill of battle!

Mostly the only problem was the lack of NPCs but there is not much that can be done about that.

I would love to see more big group fights in tight areas (like fighting waythoons undead elementknolles)

PA sytem was great. It was a little jarring to go into the tavern when it was empty but the PA was going but otherwise it was great.

5. Give us a moment from theperspective of your character
Guldorth just get to new town. Seem peaceful. Guldorth listen to argument about dangerous relic. Not Guldorth town Guldorth just listen. Hear scream. Wizard attack, Guldorth join in glorious battle! Is good town Guldorth decide to stay help kin-folk and others. Much glory much adventure.

Overall having some kind of interaction with everyone this month.
The Spire/Seddrinth mod that I went on was fun. It kept me busy (which I liked) and now I am even more curious of the plotline for this season (now that I have managed to sift through all the information)
Fighting in the rain was sooooo much fun! I loved every moment of it!
The pace I'll have to say was good for me this weekend.
As usual, the fights are on point, even with the lack of NPCs.

I know it something that can't be helped, but the timing of some of the mods. I'm for punctuality, and I don't like being late myself. Especially if I made an NPC wait for half hour for me. :(

I agree with the decor. Banners of nobility? I like the bazaar that was setup during winter, maybe a couple of those somewhere?
Now that the weather is better, obstacle course? :D

I like it! The rooster Saturday morning was a nice touch. Although laying in our tent at 11oclock at night and hearing a babbling brook nearby doesn't do well for my bladder xD
I also notice when we have the big fights with Al'zoon that the background sound was a lot darker, which I really appreciate.
The PA in the LAIR area is a big plus in my book. It sets the stage of how the area should be.

As Arlyne stands before the Crystal Dragon, she hears a voice from the crowd:
"Hey Arlyne! Remember what I told you!" Jinn points at her, big grin on his face
"Don't die!" She shouts.
"Don't die." He repeats back.

Her eyes meet with the Evo, his expression serious. "You're in charge now, Arlyne."

And with that, the group poofed out of existence.

Arlyne stood motionless in the crowd as the news sinks in, and the remainder of her comrades disperses.

She takes a deep breath and moves to the fire, thinking....

"You got this, Arlyne, you got this...."

-It was great to see old and new faces again
-Helping do a ritual
-Sad to hear about Magus dying

-The rain and hail during a mod before dinner but it's nothing you can control

-People being able to do their lairs and doing non lair mods
-Though I didn't partake in the wanted posters, I do like how they've changed

-I personally wasn't a fan of it. It has hard to talk to people while sitting in that area. Also it seemed like during Magus spirit coming out, the sound went louder which was distracting us from spending time one last time with his character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back